Thread: Are you sure you're shopping for your SO?

Are you sure you're shopping for your SO?

Had to laugh at myself this week as I shopped for gifts of the SO and ended up buying as much fem thinks for me as her! Love this time of year. No questions or raised eye brows walking in endrab and I can shop in all the local stores without concern about being recognized. Perfect cover! Though wasn't sure what I'd have done if a SA had asked if I'd wished to try things on?

So what have you bought your self this holiday season when out?

CDtraveler aka AMANDA

I used to shop for lingerie for my spouse for years, but she would seldom wear any of it. I kept doing it for years, and have finally realized I was buying for myself all those years. I actually tried some on a couple of times and was a little disturbed because it felt nice. I have come to understand, after many years. So much time wasted. The eternal human lament.
    Velece

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    After you buy woman's clothes at this time of the year, it get easier at other times too. If you need an excuse for someone, just say it is for a birthday. I'll refer to myself to a SA as the she I'm buying for, but don't revel that the clothes are for me. When my wife and I are out shopping, she'll pick up something and ask if I thought that Dana would like it. It takes a while, but it will get easier.
    Dana Ryan

Before I realised how easy it was to shop all year round if you are confident enough I always looked forward to Christmas shopping for my wife - one set of lingerie for her one for me it went! I still seem to but slightly more for me than her. In fact you have inspired me to go out again this evening and get some more! for both of us. It is great having the excuse 'its for my wife' if I get a little nervous. Although saying she is about the same size as me is a bit of a giveaway!
    All girly on the inside...time for the outside too.

I bought a new dress for our Xmas party last weekend and a couple of tops and a skirt. Oh, and some garter stockings for my Xmas outfit.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I took my wife to buy some new panties and they had some of the ones she likes on the sale racks, but all mixed with other styles. So she is going through one rack and I'm on my knees going through the bottom row of another. The SA made a comment on the order of "You're such a good husband shopping for your wife."

The panties were for her, honest they were, but being a crossdresser and wearing panties myself, I figure I know a little more about them than the average husband.

Now being alone and shopping for bras or panties can be a little strange, but if anyone asks, they are for your wife or girlfriend. The SA will help you. Other customers might give you strange looks. Just ignore them.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    I usually shop en femme, so I don't use gift buying as a cover. I do, however, make it a point of picking up something for my wife when I'm shopping for myself.

i bought a jacket and 3 tops last night. the cashier said to me that i have great taste and she wished her husband could shop for her.
    you are so right, this is a great time to shop!
    paula

Shopped for many GGs this season. For me I only got makeup primer. I can be very frugal at times. lol

Glad you had fun, though!

Buying for myself this time of year "Never" as I just get my wife to but it for me I must admit though that it can get a bit confusing as you have to have an almost two way thinking mined , one half on your wife and one half on yourself like a split personality not that I would ever suggest that CDs have a split personality as I am sure that most males this time of the year look at something and think " would I look good in that " so I will buy it for my wife and try it on when she is not around .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I am always buying for my wife at Christmas time.
    The clothes are not always age appropriate.
    Or else, I married a teenager. "Choose one only".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    My wife and I don't see each other a lot because we're usually on different continents most of the time. We don't do "holiday" shopping anymore as a result. I've never been self conscious about buying female attire, so I don't normally get strange looks from sales people. Thankfully, this year, at Christmas we're both going to be on the same piece of Earth at the same time, although far, far from our homeland. It will be nice to spend some time with her away from all the hustle and bustle of American consumerism--just a quiet Christmas in the desert.

Three blouses, two skirts, two long leg panties with control top, and a pair of heels!
    Di

I do shop with my wife quite often, more as a chance to spend time with her rather than because I like shopping (I don't). But I try to make the best of it by offering my opinion on all her selections, and looking for more items she might like.

The thing is, as she gets older, she steers clear of the sexier clothing, whereas I am always looking in that direction! When I hold up a skirt that she says is too short and tight, I always remind her that she might not be the one wearing it!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)