Thread: almost purged

almost purged

I've been sitting around the house in a funky mood here lately and almost purged everything. Does this happen to anybody else? I'm glad I didn't even it's just because of the money I've spent on clothes and accessories.

Purging has got to be one of the most common subject’s discussed here.
    I see you are quite new here Angela. Well you are one of many C.D.ers that go through this.
    The big thing to remember is if you throw all your stuff away you will regret it as you yourself say!
    And then you have to spend more money buying new.

Two points to consider here I think. Instead of throwing it all away just put it all somewhere safe.
    And then work on your reason[s] for wanting to purge!

Life as a C.D. girl without any feelings of guilt [if that is your problem] is a happy life.

All the best,

SUZY
    Last edited by suzy1; 12-21-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Has it ever happened? OMG yes!! Far too many times over my life to count and I am so glad that I have finally accepted myself and know that that will never happen again.
    Toss the guilt, not the clothes.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Angela, one of the lessons you will learn is that the urge to CD will probably never go away and if you stop for a long period of time, it will come back stronger. Do purging is not a good idea. Many of us here have been there and done that! I don't have the tee-shirt though! (Thinks: a market for a 'done with purging tee-shirt'?)

When these moods hit, and they do, just pack it all up and store it somewhere. It saves money and... well... there are some things I threw out that I really miss now!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Aspiring Member
    I have done that so many times!! You deny the fact that you like to dress. It's ok to dress though it's what makes you happy. If you really feel the need to purge then throw it all in a garbage bag and throw it in the attic or shed. The money spent and lost over the years for me is a terriable feeling other than denying who I really am.

Steph
    Professional thread killer.

I have only purged in the past because I was afraid of getting caught. I live alone now and have a lot less fear of that. I will not purge again, because I have so many lovely things and just can't let them go. I think at this point I would rather get caught and totally outed than to give up looking like a woman.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Platinum Member
    every one of us has bad days, and sometimes purging seems like a way to escape from the feelings of self doubt or self loathing we often bear. But when you come out the other side of that low, you see can the world in a more realistic perspective. Being a CDr may not be widely encouraged or accepted, but its not a crime and its not a weakness or illness. Its just a part of who you are. Accept that, and the lows, the urges to purge will abate.

I only purged once in the early years (did not have much so not a great loss). I did great losing a couple of things, Now I just prune my wardrobe of bad purchases.

No matter what, Angela, don't purge. It's a big mistake. We've all done it and regretted it. When you feel like purging, just put everything away, in the attic, basement or what have you. Just get everything out of sight. Until the day you feel like trying it out again... and trust me, that day WILL come. It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN.

I agree with what all the other posters said. Purging is a bad idea. I used to have a quote in my signature that compared CDing to a boomerang. You can try as you might to toss it far, but in the end it always comes back. We just have to learn how to deal with it.

Do not purge, put it in a bag with mothballs and store it for another day.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have quite a few times myself. You think you can end it by getting rid of everything that may influence you into dressing. Never mind that your SO has plenty laying around still. Purging is a NO no now. I would rather box everything and throw it in the basement as to not lose everything again. Luckily I am pass the purging.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Happens sometimes. Luckily it goes away just as fast.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Oh my...i literally thought this was ED type of purging.

(Blonde moment)

But i've yet to experience this as of yet. I am fine being Hayden and haven't gotten into one of these moods yet.
    Let's be Friends on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/sinfullyhayden

Follow me on Instagram: sassyhayden

Take the advice of the experienced crossdressers on the forum, and store your femme gear until the urge to purge passes. I've undergone two major purges in my life, and regretted each of them within days afterward. The next time I felt overwhelmed by fear, guilt and self-loathing, I wrapped my wigs, my dresses, my shoes, my purses, my jewelry, and my makeup kits in plastic storage bags and put them in an old 3 x 3 x 5 steamer trunk for the duration. I think I lasted about 4 or 5 weeks before the compulsion to dress-up overwhelmed me, and I left work early, came home, took a hot bath and shaved every millimeter of my body, and opened up the trunk in my bath robe to find my treasures waiting for me. It was quite a rush, and I actually burst into tears!

The worst things about purging are that it's expensive, because it's about a 100% recidivism rate, and you'll wind up buying all of your stuff again. In my case this is actually true, because I actually bought one of my coat sweaters at the Goodwill store after I gave it away. And, more importantly, it probably won't make you feel better about yourself, it my case I felt terrible afterwards.

I couldn't resist keeping the photos of myself dressed-up after I had purged, and when I began dressing again I got a double dose of regret when I had to view all the pretty stuff I had tossed out. Alas!
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 12-21-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks to everyone. I have purged several times in the past and like you have all said I regretted it later. It's nice to have the support that we have here. Thanks again.

Kisses,
    Angela