Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going out dressed-up, in male mode...

Going out dressed-up, in male mode...

I have recently been going out in full women's wardrobe, but in male mode. It's quite liberating to just wear the nice clothes, and not have to worry about all the makeup and shaving and wig and etc... I still like those things, but want to save them for special occasions or when I want to pass. It's nice to be able to just put clothes on and walk out the door, rather than spending an hour making sure every little thing is just right. Last night, I went to the movies with some friends, and wore women's skinny jeans, a pink blouse, high heeled thigh-high boots, pink stud earrings, and a long blue coat. Walked into the theater, a guy held the door open for me, I thanked him. Went in, bought my ticket, went to concessions, ordered a drink, then met up with my friends. They complimented me on my boots and jacket. All in all, it was a nice evening.

Anybody else try this? Your experiences?

Smile I do it, too

I love the clothes, the shoes, the whole look. But I'm not fooling anyone. I'm a guy ... but I LOVE the women's look!

I dress this way all the time. Have not put on makeup or tried to "pass" in over 10 years. Like you, I just like the look and feel of women's clothes. I have never had a negative experience. Most of the time people don't notice and on the occasion they do I might even get a compliment.

I just don't have the confidence yet do go out without wig and makeup but I think it would be nice to do so. I love playing with makeup but it does take time. One day soon I will pull up my big girl panties and just do it.
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Platinum Member
    I did mix some male and female a couple of years ago, but I felt that I presented an incongruous image...not what I wanted. So I went fully en femme.

Not something I would do. I enjoy my femininity and when I go out I want others to see that and see me as such. I could never wear a dress or something and not be in full femme mode...just wouldn't feel right to me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am a feminine guy and therefore am always in male mode wearing feminine items. My hair is always a fem style, eyebrows are plucked and arched, I wear a women's scent and women's open toe sandals. My toenails are always professionally pedicured and polished in Fire Engine Red or Hot Pink. In other words, I live in a pink fog and everyone knows that I am playing for the girl's team.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    I live in a pink fog and everyone knows that I am playing for the girl's team.
    Me too. I like the hair and make-up, but, I am just as comfortable without them. I wear the clothes that I want and in turn I can be who I want. LP

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been going out dressed enfemme, but looking like the male that I am for over 7 years now. My dear wife died a little over 7 years and she had always done my makeup and fixed my wig so I could really look like Stephanie. When she died, I just decided to keep dressing but I would forget the wig and makeup. Had a few comments, but have never had a problem! Of course, you do have to remember to use the mens restroom! BTW, I have been asked many times where I bought a particular skirt, dress, or top! By both men and women!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I often dress in girls' clothes but otherwise present as a huy, what I call my "girly-boy mode" ... but ... I don't do it to the extent you do. I wouldn't wear high heeled thigh-high boots and a pink blouse. I tend to wear things like girls' jeans, tees, and girly hoodies with pink and white tennis shoes. It's not to "in your face girly" but it is feminine for a guy. What you're doing is (IMHO) taking to the next level. If I was younger and prettier I'd probably do that too.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

One of my favorite outfits over the last couple of months has become a black skirt with a concert t-shirt and heels with bare legs. That's it. what mode is that?
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Banned Read only
    I admire all of you, but I don't have that sort of courage nor desire. When I'm en femme, I'm en femme, not femboy. That's probably a copout, but that's just me. I can't imagine putting on any of my girl stuff and not putting on my hair and makeup.

Yes! My last few times out have been in a more "relaxed" style-- no wig, just a bit of lipstick,and powder. My hair is getting longer--shoulder length now--and that seems to be working. I do put on a quick outfit--and I'm out the door. It does increase the opportunities to get out!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Hi,

Yes because im a woman who's different it wont make much difference what i wear,

Most days ill have my skirt tee top sandles or sneakers or black shoes all low heel. a over jacket with out sleves & head wear or sun hat yes its summer, lippy eyebrow liner, shoulder come backpack bag, earings & neckless, or like my avatra,

I dont try & pass or be other than i am. my body shape is as a normal female. i look at it this way my facial features are male so what, no one cares anyway's, most know im a woman & new people soon accept im a woman,

The other thing is im a member of many groups with a membership of over 1000 people, people have seen myself for long enough now it does not matter,

...noeleena...

I dress androgynous but not as extreme enough for people to comment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I dress like that all the the time (except for the high heels). I much prefer the whole nine yards but do enjoy the skinny jeans or yoga pants and nice cami and hooded sweater as well.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

I've tried it a couple times - skirt, pantyhose, heels, woman's blouse. I just could not get real comfortable with myself. Sales clerks and others around me just seemed to be trying not to stare or ask or pay notice. I caught one clerk in a restaurant sneaking a picture of me.

I have often gone out in man-in-a-skirt mode: long black denim or plaid (kilt-like) skirt, hiking boots and high socks concealing my nyloned legs, male atire from the neck up. I get a very different response I feel more comfortable with.

PH, Heels, & Pretty Dress Rachel Lea's Avatar
    Personally, I would love to feel comfortable putting on a dress with pantyhose or a shirt with tights and then just go on about my business, of course with the appropriate foot wear. But I suspect the pantyhose and/or tights put us over the "edge" where we will be getting comments and looks or stares.
    Rachel Lea

I really do not want to be "in between". If I want to look like a lady I try to remove as many of the man clues as I can and look like a lady, and when I am a man I want to look as much like a man as my body changes allow me to. Of course shaving all over, trimmed eyebrows and waist training make that more of a challenge.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by GondorRachel View Post
    not have to worry about all the makeup and shaving and wig and etc...
    Worry????? To me doing makeup and composing the whole fem look is where the fun is! Hence, I only wear women's clothes when en femme.

Depends..Bangalore, Delhi, Wash DC, Kabul..
    wow..thats pretty bold..i mean u wudn't u be asking for trouble ??..unless u have that verrry feminine look !!

I was out Friday, wearing a red turtleneck, black skirt, tan pantyhose, women's loafers. Shopped at 2 outlet malls, and Riverate Mall in Nashville. No make-up, forms, or wig. Just a scarf to cover my bald head, and some lipstick. No problems, got a lot of looks, and one whistle. SA's were helpful, got comments about how warm the hat i bought would be, and how much the SA liked the hose for herself. I am 6'5" and would never be mistaken for anything other than a guy in a skirt, but I enjoyed the time out in public.

Quote Originally Posted by michelleky53 View Post
    I was out Friday, wearing a red turtleneck, black skirt, tan pantyhose, women's loafers. Shopped at 2 outlet malls, and Riverate Mall in Nashville. No make-up, forms, or wig. Just a scarf to cover my bald head, and some lipstick. No problems, got a lot of looks, and one whistle. SA's were helpful, got comments about how warm the hat i bought would be, and how much the SA liked the hose for herself. I am 6'5" and would never be mistaken for anything other than a guy in a skirt, but I enjoyed the time out in public.
    That is pretty awesome and daring. The most daring I have been is wearing women's shorts, tee, pantyhose and mary jane flats. I wear this combo fairly often and only get an occasional look. It is fun though to be just a bit outside the norm. Once, in a Gap store I was dressed this way and one of the sales girls talked me into trying on several dresses and skirts and modelling them in the store. I ended up only buying a pair of capris.

I often dress a little androgynous and wish I had the nerve to go further. I do wear some women's shoes that can pass for men's bit would wear love to wear so many others. Maybe one day.

This thread is super encouraging for me! I define myself as genderfluid, and recently came all the way out. I wear pretty femme outfits to most social gatherings, and I wear more mixed outfits just around socially. I used to count how many feminine cues I was giving off, and do just enough to look avant garde, but not seem weird. Now dressing as I want I feel free. I never worry about passing, but I do want to look attractive, to wear things that fit together.
    Several people in this thread mentioned not wanting to be stared at, or have comments. I went through these feeling when I was deciding to come out. I realized that being different can be good, and not every person who stares is judging us, they may be curious, or looking in admiration.