Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just been thinking.

Just been thinking.

Thought I would put this question to you all.

Imagine you were, let's say 21 again, and you were offered the chance to stay 21 forever, would you take it?

I actually would. I don't want to grow old. I know when I get older I will give up doing this. I want to stay young if I CD. I wont do it once I reach a certain age.

I'm only asking as this struck me the other day when I was thinking about how I would handle being older and doing what we do. If I were female I wouldn't have a problem but just CDing I wouldn't like. Anyone else feel this way?
    I've always been the kind of girl that hid my face, so afraid to tell the world, what I've got to say. But I have this dream bright inside of me. No more hiding who I wanna be. This is me.

The only reason we "age" Hon is that it's in the program to do so. There really is no such thing as linear time. That was only created so we could gain experience learning feelings and emotions.Age really has nothing to do with it. Who we are as a person does. PM me if you have any questions on this.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Sweetheart !!! Hope you were not looking forward to giving up dressing when you get old enough, cause it is not something that "just happens." Trust me, you do not develop a dislike for dressing at an age. Granted, your tastes will have to change a bit, and this may be what you feel you could not do, but truthfully dear, wearing the short skirts, stiletto heels, and club fashions is not all there is to this, and you can do some of that for a lot more years than you could ever imagine at your tender age. And trust me, you can really enjoy the hell out of this even when on social security.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Gold Member
    Being 21 again would for me being back in the Navy and being back in Viet-Nam.
    I could not cross dress there, so it was not the "Best of Times"
    I would like to know then what I know now, But hind site is always a bit flitting.
    I am now retired, and have more time to both under dress and just plain dress.
    That is not what I could do while I was still working. Construction just does not
    lend to dressing or even under dressing.
    So do I want to be 21 again, only to make my aches and pains go away, but I do
    not want to go through the lase 45 years of my life again. I have been there and
    done that; once was enough.
    Rader

Not 21,maybe 35. That's a good age to be, I know I've tried them all through 58. Who knows maybe i will find 70 to be best but I won't know until I until I get there. Hmmm seems to be a paradox here
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Would I like to be 21 again? This question is not exactly hard to answer.
    I would sell my soul to the devil to be 21 forever.
    Life is wonderful, I can’t get enough!

Kim, when you get older you will go on “doing this” Take it from me girl.

21? Maybe closer to 30-34. I was just more in tune with myself and the world by then rather than the naive unguided soul I was at 21.

But to stay any age forever? I don't know...kind of like the Twilight movies...Edward is what? 107 yrs old? but forever being a 17 yr old he still has to go to high school every day? LOL
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Being 21 forever but with the knowledge I have now would be amazing! Mind you forever is a long time! It would be great if I could have the body of a 21 year old for as long as I live, but keep the psychological development opportunities that life gives us.

And as others have said, you will think differently about giving up CDing as you get older... the need gets stronger not weaker!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Platinum Member
    Doesn't matter what we want...we age. Make the best of the time you have.

Thanks for all your insight ladies. I just can't see myself as an older woman. I like the way I am now and I don't want to get to a point where I'm like 50 or 60, I get all dressed up and when I look in the mirror that girl has aged. I really don't want her to age.
    I'm not comfortable with my tastes changing. I would still want to dress in clothes designed for girls in their mid twenties. I don't like the idea of wearing clothes designed for ladies of 50+. Even if I was 50+.

I know, I'm being a bit of a drama queen right?
    Kaz, I like your point. Keeping the way I look now but still growing older would be amazing. Then that girl in my mirror could stay!
    I've always been the kind of girl that hid my face, so afraid to tell the world, what I've got to say. But I have this dream bright inside of me. No more hiding who I wanna be. This is me.

Banned Read only
    You renegotiate everything as you get older. You'll be fine and cross dressing for decades....

Miss Kim, i would to be 21 again, but this time being a hot girl with her whole life in front of her, as for RADER, i was 21 when i went in too, not in during war time, what would like life been if i was a girl back then, even if that i dress at that age, it was more private those days then now. I wish i could had that pill to change over night, owell, have a great day girl, hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Getting older is not all bad Hon. I'm 65 but I'm happy to say I have a lot of TG friends, many here who are like adopted "daughters" to me, even though I was never able to have my own.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don't think I care too much about being 21, but I wouldn't mind looking it from time to time. I also don't want to live forever. It would be way too painful for one lifetime (well, two lifetimes in my case).

I remember when I was 21 and someone at work asked me about saving for retirement. I said I don't expect to live past 30 (thinking that was old, at the time). He laughed and just said, "Oh, that will change." and he walked away.

Guess what? He was right. It changed the day I knew I was going to get married and start a family; which was about 25.

The moral (and please don't take offense to this), you may feel that way now, but feelings and priorities like that change as you mature.

PS: I am 48 and I love what I see in the mirror. When I am 60, I will like what I see then too. I plan to look the best 60 that I can possibly look.

Oh, I think someone already pointed it out, but Cross dressing is not a choice.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyfaye View Post
    I know when I get older I will give up doing this.
    Sweetie, there's no fighting the girl within. It's a given of gender dysphoria. You WILL get urges until the day you check out, whether you like or not. Now, you see, your body will age, and there's not much you can do about it. As for your mind, it will only age if you let it. It does get more experienced, but older? Never!

Makeup addict!
    ...I am 21

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyfaye View Post
    I know when I get older I will give up doing this.
    Same here

I'd have to say, around 35 would be a better age to be stuck at. Still, while I am way older than that, I am not at all disappointed with how I look, feel or think. You might just find you like the way you look even better as you age - up to a point of course. I'd hate to see myself in a dress at 90. The shape you are in physically and your mental attitude is far more important than the actual years you have been alive. Work out, eat well, do your best to stay healthy and you will look good for a long time. As far as dressing appropriately for your age, I've never seen tags on clothes that give an age range of who can wear them. Dress as you like (remember "mental attitude") and damn those who tell you that you are not appropriately dressed for your age no matter what it is. If you are lucky healthwise and have good genes, about the only drawbacks that come with age are a few more wrinkles to hide and not being able to move quite as fast as you used to.

BTW, I turned 60 in August and the my signature pic and the ones in this thread were taken just a couple of weeks ago. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...t-1&highlight=
    Last edited by AllyCDTV; 12-22-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

You are as old as you think you are....age is just a number.
    PaulaAnn
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

Silver Member
    As my mature (now in her late 60s) ex-girlfriend likes to say, "Getting old sucks, but it sure beats the alternative."

Take it from someone in their 30s, you will age, eventually (if you are lucky, not everyone gets to grow old sadly.) While you may not have the youthful "ideal" body (the "ideal" our ageist, sizeist and overall shallow culture thinks is ideal anyway) when you get "old", what you will gain something far greater, experience. It sounds like a load of bunk when one is young, I know, but it is something you will realize and appreciate when you get there.

Statistically, for most, transvestism is for a lifetime, no matter how old or how large they get; it is something they can't stop, even if they want to.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 12-22-2012 at 04:05 PM.

About 35 would be better (done with school in my first full-time academic position building a computer science department)

Be happy with who you are & the rest will short itself out. I went skydiving for my 50 th birthday. At 51 I met my soul mate, who happens to be a CDr. Enjoy all of it, life is grand & too short.

No thanks...I'll take the aging process. If I was 21 then I'd have to go through all the "growth" that others wanted to see in me to be accepted as an adult. That age brings with it the idea that we are just reaching "maturity" in the eyes of society and we still have much to learn. Having all that knowledge at that age would be very frustrating to me. Besides, then I would have to watch all my friends and loved ones age and die as I didn't change and was left alone.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    21 no way, 30-40 yes that would be fantastic.You know so much more at 30 than you do at 21 because you really are still a kid at 21 and have not had enough experience in the way things really are.At 21 you are at a very idealistic age.
    I see you are 27 and have probably noticed how much one changes from 21 -27.
    I just turned 60 and don't feel older than 35 most days because of my attitude towards life.Most people think I'm in my late 40's early 50's.
    Even my kids say I don't act my age.
    Its all about attitude and making the most out of life.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-22-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carly View Post
    ...I am 21

{Originally Posted by Kimberlyfaye View Post I know when I get older I will give up doing this.}

Same here
    Wanna bet? I think you might be surprised, and find out as you get older, that it is more difficult to stop than you expect it will be.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

The body and health that I had @ 21 would be great but wisdom comes from experience and that I have.