Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just been thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Being 21 again would for me being back in the Navy and being back in Viet-Nam.
    I could not cross dress there, so it was not the "Best of Times"
    I would like to know then what I know now, But hind site is always a bit flitting.
    I am now retired, and have more time to both under dress and just plain dress.
    That is not what I could do while I was still working. Construction just does not
    lend to dressing or even under dressing.
    So do I want to be 21 again, only to make my aches and pains go away, but I do
    not want to go through the lase 45 years of my life again. I have been there and
    done that; once was enough.
    Rader
    Rader

You wrote my post, almost exactly as I would have stated my experience. Thank you.

USNR 1965-67 U.S.S. Constellation CVA-64, Yankee Station 1966
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Banned Read only
    Hi Kimberly, I wonder what you'll be saying when you are 31, 41, and 51. If you are like most of the rest of us, you'll just laugh it off and keep on going. I hope that's the case, anyway.

I am 23 and feel that I have some experiences at 23 I could not have handled at 21. Being in the 18-23 range (perhaps 22, so I don't feel too young, but still young, but with more of the body of my 17 year old self, how I miss the smaller waist I had then) I feel that this is an age that is hard to deal with in today's society, and keeps getting harder.

I would not want to be like Edward Cullen though and be in a perpetually 21 year old body and have a wife who aged normally and be in our 40s/50s. That would look weird IMO. Now would I like certain features of 21? Yes, like my legs, but not my face, at least not forever. I would, however, prefer if my face, at 50, looks 38. Why? I would like to know I took care of myself properly.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Sweetie, at 61, I'm kicking it in overdrive! There's a lot of woman left in this old body and soul.

For us older ones that are not 21, I would like to revisit 21 but not live the pain, anguish and suffering I had later in life.
    No it is not all that bad there are a lot of good times there. I did have a lot of better times at 20 and my life would have gone in a different direction if I knew then what I know now. Having been there, done that, achieved most of my goals I am looking to skiing in Switzerland again next year and maybe Aspen.
    I have set goals that need to be achieved and there is no going back.
    That is in my dreams.
    To achieve goals we all have to dream.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Would I like to be 21 again? This question is not exactly hard to answer.
    I would sell my soul to the devil to be 21 forever.
    Life is wonderful, I can’t get enough!
    I'm with you Suzy... sign me up
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Hi,

My Mom put on a lovely spread for my birthday, 21 & i had quite a few friends there, plus our family, my only ? would be , would i have been accepted then as i am now, i dought very much i would have been because im intersex, how would that have been seen. in 1967, no way, i knew long before then to be quiet & did for many years, to go back i could not be who i am now,

My friends have accepted who i am i cant ask for more & nore would i, 55 years was my training ground hard & tough at times, i know what i was like, im happy where i am now, im 65, yea im cool with that,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 12-23-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Yes, I'd take 21, but I'd like to know what I know now as well as what I have forgotten.

if it was 21 forever as a woman yes and if I never had the effects of the y chromosome better yet.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

When you're 21, to wake up the next day and be 50 would be shocking. But if you make your way to 50 day by day the usual way, you don't even notice it happening. Some things are lost, but others are gained. And if you're like I am, you'll still feel 21. Don't worry about the future; live in the here & now.

I am 19 at heart. Growing old is not a bad thing ... as long as one retains a positive outlook on life.
    I have known people who were old in their thirties, and my landlady, at 84, is still youthful and vibrant!
    Consider Mick Jagger! If I have half his energy and vitality when I reach his age, I shall be surprised.

I tend to lean towargd 26 or 27 years of age. I think at 21 most don't make a lot of money and are still at home or in school. In certain ways I would luv to be young again because there was no internet when I was 21 or even at 27. To be young again my progress would of been accelerated like it has over the past few years. Instead of wishing about age I always wish to be shorter and thinner with some hips and smaller feet and have fem cheek bones and other fem traits.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

When I was in my 20's my life was very hard. I was beginning a career, going to college full time at night and trying to learn how to raise my kids. I would not want to be there again now. The 30's were a little better. My life now is much better but I wouldn't mind looking a bit younger as dressing for my age is sometimes less interesting. It would be nice to be able to wear shorter skirts and more revealing tops I guess, but I think my age allows me to blend better. Who knows.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

When I was 21 I was in the army training to go to Vietnam. (Fortunately I never got there.) no, I wouldn't go through that again. I miss being young and vigorous, but I get a lot more respect now that I'm old, and I wouldn't want to give that up. I like being able to give people advice without being treated like a young smart-alec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyfaye View Post
    Thanks for all your insight ladies. I just can't see myself as an older woman. I like the way I am now and I don't want to get to a point where I'm like 50 or 60, I get all dressed up and when I look in the mirror that girl has aged. I really don't want her to age.
    I'm not comfortable with my tastes changing. I would still want to dress in clothes designed for girls in their mid twenties. I don't like the idea of wearing clothes designed for ladies of 50+. Even if I was 50+.

I know, I'm being a bit of a drama queen right?
    Kaz, I like your point. Keeping the way I look now but still growing older would be amazing. Then that girl in my mirror could stay!
    I feel exactly the same, old age has always been something I've worried about but looking at a lot of the people on here we probably don't have anything to worry about ^_^
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

My SO told me that when she was young, she was sure that she wouldn't want to crossdress past middle age. Now, she is middle aged and she knows that she will be a CDing grandma.

It just never goes away, even after youth and beauty have faded away.

... just like a real girl. We can't stop from getting old either.
    Reine

Damn right I would! Back then, I was really thin, had great skin, and could have much easier have passed as a woman than I do now. If only I would've had the guts then to do it!
    Straight, full-time crossdresser. I've always known this was something that I wanted/needed to do but suppressed it while I was married. Now that I'm going through a divorce it's time to go all out!

When I was in my youth I knew more than my parents but as I aged I realized they weren't so dumb (misquoted from Mark Twain).
    It is true and now at 87 I realize more and more how little I do know (every app invented is already obsolete when it hits the market).
    As these posts already said many times the urge doesn't go away --- trust me. One of the first movies I ever saw was Lost Horizon --- a British novel made into a movie. It was about a group of explorers in the Himalayan mountains who stumble upon a valley where nobody ages.
    Only upon leaving that valley their bodies gain the years that were suspended. The valley was called Shangri-La. Made a strong impression
    upon a kid but I must find my Shangri-La in the here and now as must you.
    Julie

At 21 I felt immortal and decided to flame out before I could grow old and and fizzle out. It didn't happen (I thank my late wife for that!) and I'm growing old. It's not all that bad. However, old age ain't for wimps. BTW, what are 50+ clothes supposed to look like?

At 58, I'm really just getting started in all of this. Would I like to have my 21 year old body back? Sure. But, the only way I would go back to 21 is if I could go back with all of the knowledge and experience I have now. I would do a lot of things differently armed with the knowledge and experience I have now. I'm wise enough now to know that just having that young body back would not be enough. :-)

I have made a promise to myself that I will CD till the the day I die. If I'm in an assisted care unit one day I hope to have enough cash to be getting help fron the nurses changing into granny panties.

Unless I'm sick then thats the way I will be going out. Womens panties, silk nightgowns, emoo dresses, women's sandals and wigs!!!!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lynn View Post
    At 21 I felt immortal and decided to flame out before I could grow old and and fizzle out.
    Yes,add alcoholic blackouts too that,waking up in hooker wear,frightened to death that maybe someone saw me,trying to remember where i hid the bag of weed in case i got stopped by the cops,no internet,no friends that would appreciate my red 5" heels. Hairy eyeballs when "wandering" into the womans section to shop.Hiding in motel rooms,wondering why the hell am i doing this?.Well ok maybe i would want to go back because i was very slim and my legs looked good in pantyhose,i could shop in the petite section and just grap things from the rack

I sometimes think it would be fun to live my life again, knowing what i do now.
    I possibly wouldnt mind staying the age i am now, i'm nearly 50 btw, feel free to take a look at my recent post in the photo section and some of the other photos of older members. As far as i'm concerned age doesnt make a difference, feel free to ask me again when im 60+