Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing New Year's

What are you doing New Year's

New Years eve?

I know what I will be doing and a year ago it would have seemed impossible.

I used to tend bar for the veteran's club I belong to. I gave it up over a year ago when the combination of the manager of the bar,the same band every time playing music I don't like, lack of decent tips (6 hours-20$...uh no) and the fact that I still do work for a living...sort of...kind of, and closing at 2 AM and then having to be at work at 8:30 really wasn't a lot of fun. They found others to replace me.

Well the manager was sent packing after he was exposed as an ass (insulting female member by calling the slu*s...well that was the last straw). When he went the band did too. tips? well they are what they are when you serve this crowd. Hours still suck, but the new bar manager asked me to work New Year's Eve. Hey, I am single so it wasn't a big deal.

Last night was the monthly birthday dance. I don't usually go there either but one of our members works for FEMA and he got 6 days off (and that is literal, he has worked everyday since 11/4) so we combined a welcome home party. And I told them I was coming as Lori (yes they all know there are posts that tell that story). I was joking with the bar manager about being Lori the night I was working. He said it was a good idea. I still wasn't serious. But the guy who is working with me that night said "Hey quit thinking about yourself...think about me." I told him I was joking but he added "No, think about me, Lori will make us a lot more tips". So, what can I get ya pal? Top shelf? Lori will be working the bar New Year's eve (if I can find my flats. The rubber mat has quarter size holes in it.)Even if it isn't a good paying gig it will be fun.

Also last night the band asked my cohort bartender to sing and he dragged me along. Then he left me there...alone. I sang The band was impressed and asked if I wanted to come to the next gig, Dunno if they want me to sing

The people who I feared are now gone and the rest a the club all love me. I was worried for far too long over once again, something that would not happen. I am their transgender representative.

For what was supposed to be a quiet weekend, I will not be home much. Today I went and got my wig refurbished and then was supposed to meet a friend 4 hours later. So I killed 4 hours with my friends at StudioLites. went to dinner with one of them and then off to the place to meet my friend. So nothing on the house list got done.

Tomorrow I have to sell hamburgers (another thing I was volunteered for. Monday I may go to church. On my own free will. Tuesday with my brother, weds...nothing, Turs sing a long , Friday and saturday both penciled in singing at the crown. Monday, tend bar. Tuesday...lay around with a beer in one hand and a potato chip in the other dresses as a slob....OK not

Everyone have a safe holiday and drive carefully. Know when t say when. Don't kane me shut you off.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Ah , the joys of being single, unattached and able to react spontaneously!
    You rock, Lori!

(I aint too woried about drinking and driving this festive season ... aint got no car.)

Sounds like a good deal Lori! I'll be at home with various family members. Kaz will be in my head for next couple of weeks rather than in reality! Well, I can escape to my home office every now and then!

You go for it! xx
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Sounds like a lovely time. I am off work for 3 weeks, and I am doing a lot of Sarah things I normally do not have time for. Just loving this time of year.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Well its a quiet Christmas for me and the Mrs here in Cyprus we are having Christmas dinner at church in Limassol but apart from that nothing else, we are waiting to hear about a new job running a small hotel together so because its live in we are getting the house ready to close it, but we will be partying ourselves we've bought each other lots of clothes jewellery and makeup so we will be well glammed up this Christmas xxx and best wishes to you all

Wow, Lori, What a week, What I wouldn't give to be in your shoes, or at least be a close by friend. Sounds like a fantastic week.
    I am glad all worked out well for you at the club.
    Remember Cleavage = Tips.

It will be another quite year here, Only wishing and dreaming that I could get dressed up all pretty and go out.
    Last edited by Raychel; 12-23-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I expect to be be having a quiet time at home maybe with a few friends.

Lori if you have to work you should enjoy being yourself while doing it

Best wishes to all of you for 2013
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I was planning to head to Freddies in Arlington, VA. However the long range forecast for New Years Eve is snow and since it is already a 1.5 hr drive I guess I will probably stay at home.

Platinum Member
    You've got a pretty full week. It seems that You bring out the best in everyone you meet. More tips, better music and greater acceptance for all of us!

Our New Years eve will be spent at home. In bed by 10. Never been big on going out on amateur night.

Lorileah sounds like a fun holiday season for you have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Hugs Ronda
    hugs
    Ronda

Gold Member
    Now that sounds like a fun time at the bar Sis (bet the tips will be rolling in now!). Have a wonderful time at New Years and also have a great Xmas.

will be out on Sydney harbor on my boat watching the 9pm and midnight fire works
    shup, sit down and fish!
    The Captain wears the panties on this boat

Sounds like you have a fun and exciting week of festivities planned.

I will be at home, as always, on New Years Eve, as there is only one road in the Keys and I refuse to share it with all the amatuer drunks that are out that night. I would like to stick around this life a little longer.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Depends..Bangalore, Delhi, Wash DC, Kabul..
    trying to work out a plan to get away & tuck myself in some corner..and try out the new bottle green sari i picked up..

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Catherine View Post
    Sounds like you have a fun and exciting week of festivities planned.

I will be at home, as always, on New Years Eve, as there is only one road in the Keys and I refuse to share it with all the amatuer drunks that are out that night. I would like to stick around this life a little longer.
    Sounds sad but wise.
    It is one long road from no where to nowhere down there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Lori,

I have a super skinny gown that ive had for a year...and never worn out...im going to rock it to the club with my wifey..

Its silver, floor length, side slit, backless and SEQUINS!!!!!! Im going to like a cheap 70's Tinsel strand from the xmas tree!!! LMAO

But ill be fabulous,
    -Donni-

sounds like fun to me i no susie will be going out and haveing a good time

hugs susie

Sounds like you are going to have fun Lori. Enjoy your evening. I'm going to a fancy dress (costume) party for new year. The plan is to go as Katie, if my SO will allow me.
    Katie x
    'Sugar and spice and everything nice wasn't meant for only girls.'
    King for a Day by Green Day

Hi Lorileah,

Hope your holidays work out great! Sounds like you have it all planned. amazing how so many people support us when we are simply being ourselves. You are proof of that!

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

We'll be going out to dinner with friends and I'll be in boy mode. No big deal that, since the invitation came from boy world friends.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I'll be working. Same as every other year.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

What are you doing New Year's Eve?

If history repeats itself, my wife and I will stay home to watch the celebration on TV but fall asleep and miss it. Too much noise and too many drunks to make it enjoyable out somewhere. Besides, it's just another day.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I have been invited to several LGBT parties, which I am very much looking forward to. For one thing, I can be out in public, fully dressed and in the company of those who will accept me for the woman I am. Also, I am secretly hoping to meet up with a nice guy for my first intimate experience as a woman.

I will spend the night with the family as I always do so I will have to be in drab for new years eve but have the net couple of days off , a few new outfits, and a new camera ! yay! Have fun bar tending and making some huge cash for your co worker!
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Wow, Lori!

Sounds like you will be having fun on New Year's Eve!

Tight, short, and sexy, girl! They'll be ordering the "top shelf" stuff just to see you reach for it! As Raychel wrote, "Remember Cleavage = Tips!"

Have a wonderful time! And, please, if you can, post pictures!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).