Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Think Your Mom Knows and/or Knew But..............

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Oh come on girls. Moms know everything. Its just one of those things that is instilled in them when they give birth for the first time. Then it depends on how openly you talk with them. Some may keep it private and some may confront you. But Im sure most that do confront do it because they care.
    My mom found my stash of cloths when I was a teenager and it was years later while I was married and it came out to my wife that mom ever said anything about it. That has been 20 yrs ago, the subject never came up again and to this day I still wonder if she knows I still do. To afraid to talk to her about it. Shame on me.

I'm sure my mom probably knew to some degree. Like others, every now and then I would steal something from her drawers and wear it to bed, then stash it in my room when I left for school. Come back after school and it was gone. At one point a few years ago my dad told me a story about our old cat and how strange of a cat she was because, "she used to steal your mom's underwear out of the laundry basket and leave them laying around the house..." I don't know if that's what he/they truly believed, or if he was hinting at something - but I never let on. I remember one day I came home from school and found one of my mom's undergarments lying in the middle of the floor. As I had solid knowledge of the inventory of my mom's drawers, I picked them up, folded them, and put them right where they belonged in her drawer. Later that night I realized that I probably shouldn't have done that, and instead played dumb and just threw them in the laundry room, because I really have no idea how or why they managed to be left in the middle of the floor at random. Oops.

Over the summers, I used to be home alone babysitting my sister. Quite a few times my mom came home unexpectedly. Most times I would hear the car pulling into the driveway and strip down quick. I recall one distinct time, I didn't realize she was home until I heard her talking in the kitchen. I was in my room, garter belt, stockings, bra, and a pair of her heels. I distinctly remember it because it was all a matching set and I think was the first time I figured out that the garter belt I'd seen kicking around her drawer was a garter belt and not some weird shaped bra (and was so excited to wear something that until then I'd only seen in the Sears catalog!) I remember panicking, barely able to keep it together (should I make a mad attempt at covering up or just start crying?) and quickly threw on socks, sweatpants, and a sweatshirt, trying to cover myself up as much as possible. I have no idea if anything was "showing" or not, I remember hunching over on the floor trying to cover the stuffed bra with my arms as I pretended to play with my toys. The one thing I'm sure she noticed was the fact that I was completely out of breath, though again, she didn't say anything. I remember her looking at me with a raised eyebrow and telling me to come into the kitchen for some lunch "when you're done here..."
    Last edited by LauraBird; 12-26-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    My mom (and dad) knew but were toally in denial about it. When I was very little, like 5 or 6, when my mom was doing laundry, I would pull out her bras and panties, and put them on over top of my boy clothes, and head off to my bedroom and play. Sometimes she would laugh, but other times she used to get mad and tell me no to do this. When I started elementary school, the worst word kids called another was "sissy", so I tried to keep this to a mimimum and very private. Then about age 12, I was home alone and mom came in and caught me dressed up. Again at about at 14, my dad came home in the middle of the day and caught me fully dressed up in my moms best dress, bra (stuffed of course, makeup, jewelry, etc. He was pissed. He pulled out his belt and chased me around the house beating me with it. I never got caught again after that, but never stopped CDing either.
    As I got older, I never talked to my mom or dad about this, but when I brought up other things, they always denied that they had happened. If you listened to them, I had quite an uneventful childhood.
    Yes, steph - What an enlightened era we grew up in - getting our @sses whupped regularly when we didn't measure up, chain-smoking parents, pregnant mothers who ate mercury-laden canned tuna, riding our bicycles without wearing helmets, no "play-dates", no "helicopter parenting", no child psychologists, no grief councillors, being subjected to endemic schoolyard and playground bullying, no one to take away the sting when we didn't make the cut for a sports team, no one to help us work through our transgenderism issues...

But guess what? It also made us strong and resilient, and we became the survivors who paid their dues and now don't owe anyone any apologies for who and what we are today - and that includes being confirmed crossdressers who are now completely comfortable in our skins. All things considered, I say we had the last laugh, because in spite of all their efforts, they didn't succeed in breaking us...

Laura, I think you have a perfect excuse there. Blame it on the cat.

- Diane

My mom knew, as she caught me few times, but thought I grew out of it as I hit my ealy teens. News for her: Nope.

At times I have always wondered if she still thinks I dress up (I am in my mid 40's now) and likewise, at times, I wonder if I should be truthful to her and tell her (esp. in since in the last 5 yrs or so her political ideologies have changed dramatically and she is now leaning a lot more to the liberal left than I ever knew her to be while growing up.) But why cause any un-needed distress in our very good relationship where there is not any, and I think the better of it to just leave things alone as they are now.

P.S. @Ms. Leslie: You forgot to add to your list: Vodka/Martini/Manhatten swilling, (and pill popping e.g.: Mom's Little Helpers) moms who merrily baked cookies for our school events and having dinner ready for dad when he got home --to your list!
    Last edited by Sarah V; 12-31-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

I was talking to mom just yesterday about my childhood and wether or not she knew or noticed. Never even suspected it. It never crossed her mind. Looking back I should have taken more opportunities to do my thing... is one of my few regrets of my childhood.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

My mom used to dress me as a girl when I was a baby. Then my grandma let me wear her heels out when we went for walks around the neighborhood. My mom and grandma doesn't know i still dress up.

I was often dressed in girly things when I was much younger. Lo and behold when I was older and my mother discovered me dressed one day after school she couldn't believe what she caught me doing. Go figure....

After that happened I don't believe it was a well kept secret from my mother because she was always looking for signs.
    Last edited by BillieJoEllen; 12-31-2012 at 03:06 PM.

My mom had to have known. I believe she just never brings it up with me. Heck one time she found my cache of things and her being a clean freak, she washed it all for me and put it all back folded neatly.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Mom caught me in her things several times (i was aged 4 to 6), always scolded me but never told dad (the primary disciplinarian).

I'm sure she found my stashes in my later teen years and after, but she would have just kept it to herself or ignored it i suppose.

I've always felt a little sad that i could never bring myself to come out to her. Prolly for the better, she was old school and may not have understood.

What has always haunted me tho is,.......i was boy number 4 and she gave up hope on a daughter after me. I wonder now if perhaps a part of her would have enjoyed knowing just how close she did come. She's been gone since Thanksgiving Day 2005.

Oh yes, she knew. She caught me more than once when I was young. Funny thing is she never scolded me. I guess she thought I outgrew it when I left home because we she never brought it up again.

My ex told everyone we knew before our divorce and even called my mom and asked her if she knew. Mom and I talked about it later and she asked the typical question "are you gay". I assured her that I was not and she just said "it's fine as long as you are happy". We never talked about it again.

I think my mom definitely knows, though she has never brought it up. She is the best mom ever and I think she thinks as long as Im happy it doesnt matter. My little brother recently came out so I think that made it a little easier for her to understand. It was hard for my dad to accept it but my mom didnt mind at all. She def knows but she doesnt care and she wont tell my dad.

Caria
    My mom walked in on me, fully dressed with breast forms and a wig. She was a bit shocked, she discussed it with me. Never told my father and I tried to keep it away from her. She must have noticed panties and bars going missing and then coming back a short while later.

Mom was too self centered to know what's going on with her kids, when I was growing up, as far as I know no one had a clue, I guess I did a hell of a job hiding my stash of girl clothes. When I told her all about the crossdressing while I was going through my divorce, she had that horrified look on her face. To this day, she remains in denial. Same with my sister, who has pretty much decreased any contact with me to an absolute minimum. Blood may be thicker than water, but it often dries up and cracks.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    My Mom knew, she caught me fully dressed once and found clothing that should not have been in my room. At that time, I am sure she thought I was gay because that is what was "known" back then. To her credit, she never told my father, who would have done nothing other than to think I was gay. Both my parents are great. Once I got married, I am sure they think I outgrew it.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Tina was discovered when I was 55, but there were times growing up when I'm pretty sure my mother would have been delighted if I had, for short periods of time, been a girl.

She doesn't know that she got her wish, albeit a few decades later!

According to her she's suspected I've been trans all along but she was hoping it was just a phase I'd grow out of.
    While she does understand that it's not something I've chosen or can change she certainly seems to take some issue with me buying women's things.

Other than coming out and maybe 3 sparse conversations we haven't talked about it since.
    The only thing I can think of is she just expects me to be gay and live as a man.

*shrug*

I believe my Mom knows, but it's one of those unspoken things. I got caught when I was a kid, accidentally finding a run in her expensive nylons.

Aspiring Member
    I think my mum may have suspected.
    I used to try on her makeup when I was home alone as a young teenager, & one day I snapped one of her lipsticks. I was terrified & tried my best to stick it back together & put it back in her makeup bag but it was a mess. A few days later, I was getting ready for school & my mum banged on the bathroom door asking 'what are doing in there, putting makeup on?'. I certainly wasn't at the time, but I think it may have been her way of telling me 'I know, leave my things alone!'

My mom knew and had no problem with my wearing female cloths or acting feminine. Which I did around her. I think she enjoyed having a daughter even if I wasnt 100%
    I also wonder if there was more to it like she could sense that I was not a "real guy" and just accepted it. Either way mom's love regardless.

I believe my Mom suspected but it wasn't ever really discussed. I was caught early in my experimenting with dressing. A female cousin was visiting and while she and my Mom was out I tried on skirt and blouse. They arrived back early and I was caught trying to change out of her blouse and skirt. I ruined the blouse by tearing and I had to apologize and pay for the ruined blouse.

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    I was caught a few times, so I'd like to think she would have a clue. Plus I'm sure I stretched a few of her things back in the day between the short kid and the 6'3" stages. It was great at the time, I would fit in her shoes and most of her clothes but then I shot up in height and foot size. In denial I kept wearing stuff till I broke or ripped something then I figured I better stop. Leading up to that point I'm sure I musta ruined something I didn't notice but I'm sure she would have. Probably noticed her Nylon stash was going down faster than normal too.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

heres what I had from a previous post/thread:
    I was 15 or somewhere in there when Mom found my 'stash' and put it on the bed but she didn't say anything. I promptly hid it again. She found it again...put it back on the bed...again... but this time cleaned/folded. So, I hid it again...found again...but now its in the drawers and my lone dress, 2 tops and one skirt are hanging in the front of the closet. After that, several times I found panties and/or a bra "accidentally" in my drawer...so I'd wear them instead of sneaking into my sisters room and grabbing them from her dresser. That is till one time I felt guilty about wearing them so I went to put them in her drawer where they belong and sitting on top is the very pair I'm putting back. Mom was 'accidentally' sneaking me my own panties and other lingerie. Mom bought all our clothes (sis and mine) at that time. About a year or so after that little game of hide and seek I found out a lot of my clothes were coming from a trendy clothing store. A trendy GIRLS clothing store. How?...I had to drive my Mom around for about 3 weeks after she had foot surgery right after I got my license. We stopped at a ladies clothing store and I went in with her. There on one rack was the top I was wearing at the time (white knit with dark blue knit arm/neck openings and a ring zipper running from the neck to the shoulder along the collarbone...we're talking 1973 here) and another rack several over the pants I had on (dark blue corduroy with no belt loops, no button and a zipper with a 1 inch ring on it that went down instead of up...I loved those pants...thinking about it now, can you imagine how kinky a one inch ring is hanging from your crotch?...god was I naive). OK at this point I wont say that I caught on but while she "shopped" (now that I think about it I wonder if she was, in her quite way, letting me know where my clothes were coming from) I did to. I found a baby-blue blouse with puff sleeves, went in a changing room and put it on, came out and found her and asked her what she thought. Her exact words were "If I buy that, your wearing it to school tomorrow". Other than that one time, neither of us ever talked about/discussed it...ever. I wish I had now as she passed last month and to that day I had many times thought I'd sit down with her and find out just what she thought or what she remembered. But thats another blessed thing...Mom's have selective memories...
    To add to this, I thought about it later and several add'l things come to mind that she was constantly trying to "help". My sister went to a Dermatologist for her acne. I had to go as well but I had no acne - my skin was as clean/smooth as a babies butt. The Dr taught her how to use and apply makeup so as to not increase the acne. I got the same lessons. We had a pool in our back yard. Mom had a pair of bikini's that I would sneak out of her cabinet when no one was home and wear in the pool. Later, it dawned on me that those bikini's fit me perfectly and if they fit me there is no way they would fit my much smaller mom.

Little things.... your dang tootin they know

Jenn
    Last edited by Jennifer in CO; 01-03-2013 at 12:34 PM.

See the thread I started eariler today (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ever-taught-me).

Isn't it interesting how many of us started dressing with our mother's clothes, or wish our mothers had been accepting? I'm envious of those of you have understanding mothers. In a way, I wish could have been the daughter she couldn't have. She knew, but could never bring herself to talk about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I'm sure that me mother knew that I used to wear some of her clothes but she wanted a GG so much when I was born, that she never said anything beyond the odd gentle query as to what I had been doing
    Every morning we wake up, healthy or not, given the opportunity to remake ourselves. We do not have to let the person we were yesterday define who we are today. The promise of each new dawn can be squandered by repeating patterns and habits that have always held us back, or we can decide that today we will finally treat ourselves with kindness. -Wheelchair Kamakaze