Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Visit.

Unexpected Visit.

We're sitting in the house, me watching TV in my blouse and stretch pants, bra, forms, and dangle earrings, and my wife talking on the phone in the living room when I hear her say "Someone is pulling into the driveway." Then I hear her say "It's my little sister." (who lives 400 miles away).

Well, it's into the bedroom for me, take off and put away my female things, remove the earrings, and find and put on some "male clothes".

I come out, and after the expected "chit chat" she and her husband want to see our house. Well, this involves a tour and when my wife shows her our closet, she looks in and sees blouses and skirts on both sides. The sister turns to me and says "Where are your clothes?" Fortunately, the upper rack on my side still has male shirts so I pointed to them and said "There and in the other bedroom."

Later, I heard a "clunk" and realized that I had left my size 12W flats next to my chair in the TV room and my wife had seen them and thrown them into the closet.

Anyway we had a pleasant visit for an hour or so and they left to visit other relatives. After they left, my wife turned to me and said "OK, you can put your boobs back on now."
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    That's hilarious. I loved your wife's nonchalant remark after they left!

I must say, I've never given a home tour that included closets! They would certainly have notice the women's clothes in mine, which now greatly outnumber the male stuff.

Nothing like little surprises to get the adrenaline pumping! But at least she didn't freak out and said all is well later. Seems like a big step in acceptance!

That's a funny story but I don't think I would be opening closets to guest, especially because that's where Maria is hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I must say, I've never given a home tour that included closets!
    I've never given a tour that included our bedroom! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yeah, I've never gave a tour that included closets either.

As for the question, "Where are YOUR clothes, I'd have said, "I'm wearing them." and left it at that. Make them feel stupid for asking such a nosy question.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Well, when we bought this house, the bifold closet doors hit the bathroom door so I just took them off. It was never a problem up until now. Still, I suppose my wife was showing off the house a bit and took them in to see how big the bathroom was and I suppose the walk in closet as well.

The shirts hanging on the upper rod covered my boobs in their box on the lower shelf. And my padded panties and wig! I might have to rethink some of my storage.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Having read your journey of acceptance over the last few weeks I am pleased to read your last paragraph when once before you were wondering about acceptance of the boobs.
    Well, that's progress.
    Congratulations.
    Unexpected visit....
    No big deal.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

At least you remembered to take off your wig when you came out of the bedroom to greet them.

Quote Originally Posted by Launa View Post
    At least you remembered to take off your wig when you came out of the bedroom to greet them.
    I wasn't wearing my wig. Good thing though, it gives me a good case of "wig head". Hard to get my natural hair to look right when I take it off.

I haven't been wearing it around my wife because she says it "looks fake". It's not the most comfortable thing to wear all day but I love the feeling of the long hair on my neck. I've threatened (jokingly) to grow my natural hair long and wear it in a pony tail. I had long hair back in the 1960s but it's relatively short now.

We'll just see how things go after the holiday season.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    LOL that was a tight spot to be in!! Your wife has a great sense of humor too. ha ha
    I leave small things out sometimes and don't think about it.Might be a hair barrette or a bracelet.
    Nobody that comes over says anything.I have a picture frame with pics of my two daughters when they were 17-18 years old and one of Tracii in the bottom space.
    I had one old friend of mine I hadn't seen in forever stopped by one day and she looked at the pictures and said wow your girls look just like their Mom.LOL

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think your "storage" arrangement is fine, Linda! It's your "touring the house" policy that needs revision!

I don't even let the cleaning ladies go into my closets!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Out 'tours of the house' never include the master bedroom or the guestroom. The master bedroom is too private a place and my 'Cristi' clothes are all usually draped everywhere, and the guestroom is usually a 'catch all' for junk unless we clean it for visitors.

Plus, I don't think we'd be able to explain the 3 wedding dresses, petticoats, and 20+ other dresses in the closet, obviously in a size too large for my wife who never wears dresses/skirts anyway!

Re: Unexpected visitors. After dozens of years, my dad who lives 5 miles away STILL drops in unannounced despite my having asked him repeatedly to give us a call to let us know he's coming. I wonder what he thinks of the fact that I ALWAYS happen to be in the bathroom when he comes, and come out after he's been chatting with my wife for a few minutes already.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I think the thing that worries me the most is a sudden visitor. I jump everytime I hear a car door outside. I know that the chance is very very small that someone will come over but I guess over 50 years of hiding this kind of makes one a bit paranoid.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Yup, cross dressers, masters of the quick change, by necessity...
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"

I had to laugh about putting your boobs back on, Happy Holidays hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

That's a frightening experience but I'm glad it worked out well for you! Cheers to the wife for finding your heels

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I think your "storage" arrangement is fine, Linda! It's your "touring the house" policy that needs revision!
    This ^^^ Tough part is that both my wife and I forget, too, when giving tours! We have a nice big walk-in closet that my wife loves to show off to any of her female friends that get a tour. Problem is that Laura has her own section, complete with shoe rack. The clothes could be passed off as my wife's (nobody I know checks the tags for sizes) but the shoes are a DEAD giveaway! The wife has tiny girl feet (size 6) and I ... don't. I'm a size 14W in women's (and have some pairs of 15's and 16's when it comes to the taller heels) so they REALLY stand out! Fortunately, as far as I know, no one has noticed (or at least, not said anything....)

i get nervous here....even though our neighbors downstairs know and dont have a problem with it....if anybody else comes by and im dressed up.....my wife answers the door and i stay buried under the covers so that nothing is obvious....

The other night I was taking a shower in preparation to dressing for the evening and suddenly my wife came to the bathroom door and poked her head in..."Your nephew is here"...
    Well on went the robe and here I am carrying all my things, bra, panties, forms, makeup and such into the bedroom to put them away and change. It's a good thing he was a few minutes later. Would have made things more hectic.

Oh well, these are the times that try CD's minds...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Linda your post changes the true concept of, in your case "getting back in the closet" out of the closet!!!!
    Maybe new closet door for a New Years present for the wife?
    Wonderwho
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

That's funny and I can totally relate. Having just moved ourselves, we were paid a visit from my in laws. Similarly, during the tour of our new home they saw the huge walk-in closet off our master bedroom.

My mother in law already knows I like to CD. my father in law doesn't know. After the visit I noticed my 3 inch size 16 womens slingback heels were out in the open in our closet. Its obvious they're not my wife's. I don't know if he noticed them - he didn't mention anything. Oh well if he did. After being married to his daughter for the past 20 years, I think I'm pretty secure in the family.

Nicole

Funny, it was nice to provide an indepth tour to them.

My mother was visiting for an extended period of time and she figured boundries wasn't for her; therefore, she proceeded to do our (wife and I) laundry when we were not at home. Later that evening my mother flat out asked me "since when don't you wear underwear?" Thank god she didn't feel that she needed to put the clothes in the drawers. Also, that my wife is a simular size as me. LP

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I wasn't wearing my wig. Good thing though, it gives me a good case of "wig head". Hard to get my natural hair to look right when I take it off.

I haven't been wearing it around my wife because she says it "looks fake". It's not the most comfortable thing to wear all day but I love the feeling of the long hair on my neck. I've threatened (jokingly) to grow my natural hair long and wear it in a pony tail. I had long hair back in the 1960s but it's relatively short now.

We'll just see how things go after the holiday season.
    Linda, I am growing my hair and fits a pony tail nicely except for a little bit on the sides. I think in about another month I should be able to pull it all back. My wife likes the pony tail look. Says I look like an artist . I have to say when it's not in a pony tail and I am in the male persona I get ma'amed quite often!

We have people from time to time that my wife takes through the house but never the closets. I put locking door knobs like you would put on the front or back doors on my closet and the wife's closet. If anyone should ever ask the answer is: To keep people out.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.