Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "I dont care how she is dressed......."

I love this story! I feel bad for the woman who was not nice because she has a troubled life trying to get the world to revolve around the way she wants to live. She is probably not as happy a person as you. Remember the best revenge is living well!
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I also loved your story...I want to shop where people like Stacy work!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How wonderful for u, Barbara! That u stood your ground, weathered the storm, and found a "Stacy"!

However, your story encourages me to continue shopping as I do now. On line, mail order, or when I do shop department stores, in drab!

There r, UNFORTUNATELY, too few Stacys, and way too many A holes out there to suit me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Well, I have some compassion for those who've never been exposed to alternative lifestyle people. It's pretty scary for them and all they have is a lot of ridiculous notions from TV and the media. It's really tough for most to get the head around those of us who are truly different.

On the bright side... OMG! You have a personal clothing consultant!

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraSmith View Post
    Well, I have some compassion for those who've never been exposed to alternative lifestyle people. It's pretty scary for them and all they have is a lot of ridiculous notions from TV and the media. It's really tough for most to get the head around those of us who are truly different.
    Sounds like Starbucks has WiFi there too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well done Barbara, well done!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I have been to Dress Barn and they are always nice and helpful as well. Not a lot of clothes I like though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Joanne View Post
    Thx Natasha, yes it was Macys. Guess this goes to show my age and that at least my long term memory is still intact, now to work on the short term.......what was I writting about again?

Hugs
    Yeah, in my area the Macy's used to be Davidsons and I still think of them that way.

Banned Read only
    I had a similar experience, it is a good feeling when someone will go the extra mile for you.I have no problem spending my money in stores like this even if an item costs a few dollars more than somewhere else.For me merely being tolerated is not the same as actually being helped

A great SA and a great experience. Lucky on all counts.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Great story, I love to hear of experiences like that, Thanks for sharing.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Awe . . . how neat that she was so adamant to take good care of you!

There might have been that moment of shock and embarrassment but you pulled through it where I know I wouldn't have. On top of that you had a sales person confirming that you belonged there just as much as any other person shopping in the store and that is worth it's weight in gold! Stacy provided the assistance that every sales person should strive to provide and surly is an asset to the company. Thanks for sharing such a great story
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    What a hero that clerk is. Made me tear up just to read about her sticking up for you, and sorry you had to experience that. Just remember that all it takes to defeat negativity is one good person to step in and save the day like what happened here. Congratulations for making it thru on such a high note.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience, Barbara. I too, have had such experiences at their stores.

Fantastic experience! Kudos to you and Stacy.

Also, kudos to Barbara for sticking it out and making a $50 purchase right after the holidays when she probably didn't have an intention of spending that much! I know had I been in her spot I would of done the same thing!

Great story Barbara, I don't know if I'd have reacted as well as you did in that situation. Aside from a couple of those "looks" I have yet to experience anything like what you went through. I've been in quite a few fitting rooms and it's ranged from ordinary to down right fun. Fun being in the majority.
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487