Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing Playlist

Dressing Playlist

Does anyone else have a "dressing playlist" that they like to put on when they are indulging their feminine side?

I definitely have a collection of songs that remind me of dressing, and I'm beginning to collect some into a YouTube playlist to use for this.

You can find my own playlist here: Playlist Link

Mine is a mix of Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, Joni Mitchell and Indigo Girls.

love, Hannah
    www.hannahmcknight.org

Sorry; no play list here! I'm too country for that! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah Gotta View Post
    Mine is a mix of Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, Joni Mitchell and Indigo Girls.

love, Hannah
    You, Young Lady, have impecable taste in music! I thought I was the only one who'd ever heard of the Indigo Girls.

Anything loud and noisy that will disguise any characteristic sounds I may be making.

Thumbs up

Another +1 for Joni Mitchell.

All I have to do is put on Court and Spark and it just
    kind of flows ...
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

Angela, your youtube playlist is private = inaccessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    I checked this earlier and I suggest you post your playlist here so I can comment on it.
    I do not have one but "Lola" and "I enjoy being a girl" I have performed at "talent" nights.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I recently discovered the "Relaxation" station on Pandora, which I find nice to enjoy my feminine side to.

I always find the Shania Twain cd when I am getting ready. Any of them, including "man, I feel like a woman", of course.

Here is something new, put on No Doubt's "Looking Hot" the next time you are getting ready if you really want to get motivated. And, most of their stuff is awesome.

girly girl
    I noticed the same- any chance we can get a private showing?

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lynn View Post
    You, Young Lady, have impecable taste in music! I thought I was the only one who'd ever heard of the Indigo Girls.

I've heard one of their songs and I liked it, but I don't remember the name of it. Oh, well. A couple of girls mentioned Joni Mitchell. I have the one with Woodstock and Big Yellow Taxi. Good stuff.
    I don't really have a playlist. Maybe I should get one.

Sorry, hadn't noticed that. It's public now.

similar to the OP, whenever i hear anything by girls aloud i instantly wanna get dressed up. Their songs are so catchy.

Occasionally I'll go with older music (well, I AM old!). And Then He Kissed Me, by the Crystals, At Last, by Etta James, tunes of that genre.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Let me check the "Amy's Music" playlist on my phone...
    • "Just Dance," Lady Gaga
    • "You Gotta Be," Des'ree
    • "Larger Than Life," Backstreet Boys
    • "Wannabe," Spice Girls
    • "Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy," Tata Young
    • "Gimme More," Britney Spears
    • "She Works Hard For The Money," Donna Summer
    • "Milkshake," Kelis
    • "Genie in a Bottle," Christina Aguilera
    • "Circus," Britney Spears
    • "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)," Backstreet Boys
    • "Baby One More Time," Britney Spears

A lot of these made me want to dance, is why I included them. And some just speak to my femme side.

I also have a Pandora station to help me find more things to put on this playlist.

Suffice to say this is very different from the music I prefer in "guy mode"!
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I love classic rock and country, but I'm finding that I really enjoy listening to Swing along with Singers and Standards while going through the activities of bathing, shaving, dressing, and make up. It really sets the mood.

Okay, on a more serious note, Slow, by Kylie Minogue makes me want to act all sexy and feminine and seductive. To who? I don't know. It just ignites some sort of feminine passion in me that I'd rather keep buried. I kind of avoid that song because I'd rather just not have all those emotions come up if I can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vir Nova View Post
    Okay, on a more serious note, Slow, by Kylie Minogue makes me want to act all sexy and feminine and seductive. To who? I don't know. It just ignites some sort of feminine passion in me that I'd rather keep buried. I kind of avoid that song because I'd rather just not have all those emotions come up if I can help it.
    I know what you mean, but I don't think "feminine passion" is something that needs to be repressed. I get a similar feeling from Shakira's music, especially when she sings in Spanish (which I don't speak lol)

And when I hear music by Welsh singer Marina and the Diamonds, I think it's just all about the amount of passion people put into the music; the same way a heavy metal song might make you feel angry or bring out "typically male" emotions, these songs bring out "typically female" ones.

Last edited by AngelaKelly<3; 01-04-2013 at 02:15 AM.

When I dress I like to have a young energetic feeling so I put Britney on Pandora and transform and dance away

Shakira - She Wolf
    Shakira - Why Wait
    Shakira - Beautiful Liar
    Beyoncé - Baby Boy
    Beyoncé - Fever
    Beyoncé - Naughty Girl
    Britney Spears - Breathe On Me
    Cory Lee - The Naughty Song
    Christina Millian - Dip It Low
    Goldfrapp - Strict Machine
    Rihanna - Let Me
    Rihanna - SOS
    Rihanna - Pon De Replay
    Cardigans - Lovefool

Mine is constantly in flux, but honestly, I have to hide half of the music on my iPhone since it's way, way too feminine for anyone to not give me the eye. Hell, even effeminate gay boys don't listen to what I do. It's just part of my daily repression that I'm feeling more and more like giving up on these day.

Anyway, it's always current, and 'Diamonds' from Rihanna is pretty nice right now.

Danielle, if you like Shakira, I'd suggest listening to the Spanish versions of ALL of her songs. Once you hear, for example, 'Loba' instead of 'She Wolf' you'll realize how much smoother they are out of English, and that, in fact, she makes them in Spanish first (I'm betting she probably thinks in Spanish, anyway). Judy something you might enjoy!

BTW, I don't get how people listen to dated music (no insult to anyone here). Yes, I listed to Spice Girls in 1996, Kylie in 2001 and Robyn in 2010. I get bored with old things and just have to move on...
    Last edited by Sophie_C; 01-04-2013 at 03:06 AM.

A few months ago I have done just that and put together a girlie playlist for myself with songs from Katy Perry, Beyonce, Adele, Lady Gaga and stuff like that. It helps me getting back to my feminine side when I'm applying my make up and getting all dressed. My fiancé likes listening to it as well when we are hanging out together at home as a couple of girlfriends.

Tori Amos....end of thread....

Her "Strange Little Girls" CD is worth buying simply for the CD cover -- she does a different make up look to represent each of the songs on the Album! Her cover of Lou Reed's "New Age" I think is the hottest song I have ever heard...but that's just me...

Oddly, I generally hate Madonna but when dressed it's strangely appealing music -- Go Figure!!
    Bart: "So Milhouse, what's it feel like riding a girl's bike?"
    Milhouse: "Disturbingly comfortable!"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robynbrianna/

I don't have a dressing playlist, but I have been listening to Norah Jones in my car lately, when I want something more femme. Of course, Sade is one of my all-time favorites.