Thread: Cleaning false eyelashes

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar

Cleaning false eyelashes

Ladies,
    I had a pile of eyelashes and decided to do some testing. They had been glued using four different brands of adhesive. Some were months old, some a few days old. I figured that the adhesive could be a latex base. So I put some household ammonia in a small bottle, dropped the lashes in, and placed the cap on it. Then I gave it a shake to wet the lashes. After a few hours some of the adhesive started turing white. That is a dead giveaway.
    So after about 4 - 6 hours I took them out, one at a time, and using tweezers, was able to easily pull the latex off in strings. Some was between the lashes and for that I used a soft toothbrush to sweep it down and off the lashes. I found either laying them on the counter and holding the strip side in place or laying them along my index finger, holding the strip side with my thumb worked best for the brushing.
    When finished I let them dry naturally and put them back on the shipping form held on by the original shipping sticky.
    Violia! A new supply of eyelashes.
    Love,
    Billie

Hi Billie,

Thank you for the tip, just one question. What did you use to clean the ammonia residue off the eyelash string? I know that if I were ever to put on lashes cleaned as you describe, without first cleaning any ammonia residue my eyes would blow up from an allergic reaction to the ammonia. Thanks...

I admire your level of effort. You should have just PM'd me, because I have a lot of unused false eyelashes that I have decided not to use because they were just too much work to get on correctly and sometimes looked way over the top for my normal going out looks.

After you have cleaned your eyelashes, put them on a foot long piece of toilet paper. Lay a pencil on the inside curve, and roll them tightly. That keeps their natural curl. Most of them will dry flat if you just leave them.-Celeste

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    The water and ammonia will completely evaporate. Just give it some time. Once they dry, it will be all but gone. Your eyes will not blow up even if exposed to ammonia vapors so strong you can't breathe comfortably.

Banned Read only
    I use ORANGE CLEAN to clean my glue on lashes with an old tooth brush.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_klig8uytr_b

I have hairless legs and long eyelashes.
    My barber trimmed them once along with my eyebrows.
    I made sure he kept to the eyebrows next time,
    His comment was you look too poofy with long eyelashes.
    That's ok with me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I can remember as far back as when I was a teen being told by girls that I had such nice eye lashes. I didn't think about it much then.....Wow. I have tried false lashes quite a few times and I just can't get them on so they look good. I have switched to using a good mascara instead.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Gold Member
    If a barber tried to trim my eyelashes (both of them), I would be an unhappy camper. If I ask for a haircut, anything else is off the table unless he/she asks and I approve.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    Some was between the lashes and for that I used a soft toothbrush to sweep it down and off the lashes. I found laying them along my index finger, holding the strip side with my thumb worked best for the brushing.
    This is what I do. Not sure about the amonia though. Getting them wet has always been a bad move for me. I use the white tube of glue that comes with the lashes. I can usually pick most of it off with my fingers - WITHOUT first soaking them. The toothbrush can also help separate any hairs clumped together.