Thread: Progress

Exclamation Progress

Since it was the end of 2012, and a new year starts tomorrow I felt it was time to re-open the "conversation" with my wife. She has known about my cross dressing for a number of years but our last big conversation was over a year and a half ago. Since then it has been the unspoken DADT at home. After reading so many posts from others I finally got the nerve to broach the subject again today, hoping for a better 2013. With a big sigh of relief it went better than I feared. She is still apprehensive and has the expected fears and uncomfortableness about where this will go and what I will do but at least we are talking about it and she is willing to keep talking about it. I told her there were online resources and support groups for spouses of CDs and she agreed to start doing some research which she never would do before.

Having said that I am looking for some good sites and sources that others here have used with their SO's that would be helpful to help my wife better understand and maybe even become more supportive or at least not fearful. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

After our conversation I asked her if she minded if I went to a local CD support group and she thought it was a good idea, but I think I will wait till she has had more time to research and get more comfortable. Hopefully it will be soon. So gals and GG's help me if you can.

Happy New Years to All!!

Platinum Member

Only Time Will Tell !!

Hi Tangerine, The best advise is to take it slow and don't over whelm her once the ball is in her court.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

At least you are having open talks and it looks as if the new year will be a good one for you.

Tangerine, this is great news. I think that your spouse is now better aware how important this is to you and might be willing to explore it a bit with you. Proceed slowly, but don't let the issue drop completely back into the background either.

There are several sites on the 'net, including this one, that are helpful for spouses. A selection:

http://www.gendertree.com/Helping%20...%20Dresers.htm
    http://aosoc.org/support.htm

There is, of course the FAB forum on this site which I strongly recommend as a place where your spouse can frankly and privately discuss her issues with GGs in a similar situation. Realizing that she is not alone can be very helpful for a wife.

I definitely do not recommend that web forum that ends in "wives." It is not supportive at all.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi Tangerine, I think this is wonderful, you will find great enjoyment sharing this aspect of you life with your loved one. All the best, Happy new year! Steph.
    Stephanie

Go with her to a conference. She will get to meet with other SOs of crossdressers and there are usually seminars especially for her. I recommend the one in Provincetown (Fantasia Fair), but that isn't until October and a fair distance for you travel. Google transgender conferences to see what is close to you.

My wife has accepted me from the first time I told her, but Fantasia and Southern Comfort have given us both a level of comfort I don't think we would have achieved on our own.

Dee

Keep it low key and treat it like a new interesting venture.
    Something to make her curious always helps.
    Do take it slowly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Here is another vote for a conference. They usually have programs devoted to SO's. In Port Angeles, Washington is the Esprit Conference; which is in May.
    Dana Ryan

Hi Tangerine,

Here are some links for the Co. Springs area that I am involved with!

Colorado Springs Colorado area Transgender support organizations.

Co. Springs Pride center - http://cospride.org/index.php/en/

Peak Area Gender Expression group (PAGE) - http://www.cospride.org/index.php/en...a-g-e-tg-group

Family for Transgender support group –

http://www.cospride.org/index.php/en...a-g-e-tg-group

The Gender Identity Center is located in Denver but several of us attend when possible.

http://www.gicofcolo.org/

Our local meetup group is

http://www.meetup.com/Mile-High-Transgendered/

Tri-Ess local chapter is the Rocky Mountain TSK

http://www.rmtsk.org/

There are more organizations locally but this is a start. I am involved in all of them to some extent all though the GIC and TSK is just as an occasional participant.

Hope this helps!
    Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    I think this is great progress. It shows that your wife is opening up to the subject.

Thank you all who responded and thank you for the links and words of support. This really is a big step for both of us. I do plan on taking it slowly with her, I am just so happy to have taken this step forward though I know we have a ways to go. I need to really thank all the wonderful girls and gg's on here that have motivated me to take this next step. It has been a long time coming.

Any other advice or sites is greatly appreciated.

What a wonderful way to start the New Year!

Hugs to all!

Tangi,

That's great news that it went so well with your wife. I see you've already had tons of great info and links provided. I'm really wishing you the best in how this all plays out. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Hopefully I'll see you out soon!

-Bree

Hi Tangerine,
    It is great that you and your wife are able to talk about this. Keep this door open and allow things to flow naturally. May I suggest that whatever you do, don't over-do the talking, as it can become a worry to your wife. Take things slowly and avoid putting any pressure on her. Let time take it's course. On the surface, it does appear that you are on a good path for you both. Good luck! I wish you both well.
    Di

Tangi...
    I'm still thinking about you and wishing you the best!
    It's so very difficult but I really believe it's best being open... let me know how it goes...
    Kayla