Hey, has this ever happened to you?

Short story – At the mall the other day while wearing a modest skirt, top and knee high boots, I got “the scan”. Looked right into the eyes of a 40-something GG and watched her eyes go down and up and then again down and up. She then turned and just went about her business.

Long story - Let me set the stage for you and maybe you’ll understand my situation and how I felt.

First you need to know that I’ve been out and about a bunch of times so walking ‘round is getting kind of common by now. Okay, now you also need to know that I strive to blend in at all times. Ya know like knee length skirts, a nice black or grey top, and a pair of knee-high boots with 4” heels (just can’t shake that desire for heels). Anyway, you should also know that I have walked the malls and shopped before, but every time I come close or pass by someone I turn my head and hide my eyes. I do this to avoid any final judgments on my look. So I’ll turn and look at something in the store window or whatever just so that I don’t have to “deal” with any potential rejection or the “you’re clocked” look.

Now, so I’m out and about as above, but I’m finally starting to look at the eyes of the GGs that are walking by me. And then it happens. I am approaching what appears to be a husband/wife couple and look right at this 40-something slim GG and I watch her eyes. We are only about 5 feet from each other. I’ve stopped to look at a mall hallway display and she is stopped with her SO while he looks at something in the window. I catch her eyes as she has already started her scan from the top of my head down and then I watch them as her eyes come back up and then down again. And then our eyes meet.

Now, I wait for the results… is she going to roll her eyes, is she going to smirk like a little curl in the cheek that she knows or is she going to turn to her SO and say something…. No, she doesn’t do anything. The reaction that I was expecting, anything didn’t happen. What the heck.

Has this happened to anyone?

Renne….