Thread: Passing grade or is it something else?

Passing grade or is it something else?

Passing do you think it's like a passing letter or numerical grade? Sometimes I think I'm maybe a B- other times barely a D, maybe a percentage grade would be more precise. The other thought I had was passing should be like driving. I feel some days that it's a double yellow line on a curvy road and I shouldn't even try to pass other times I'm on a super highway and can pass with ease in any lane. (Some say that good looks are the e/z pass to life.)

I agree some days I can go anywhere and pass, at least in my world, with a problem other times I am read by a blind man at night and I swear I don't look that different. It is just a question of confidence I think. But trying to blend and fit in does help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I don't think in terms of "passing" so much. I want to at least be in a position where they either do not notice anything unusual, or if they do they may suspect but not know for sure. If there is doubt I am ok with that. Most times when I have been out no one really pays much attention to me. Hopefully if they do they just think I am an average to maybe homely older woman.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

For me it's all about the 'tude. If I look in the mirror after I'm done fixing me all up and say, Yea - I could go out like that, I'm out the door. Like Sallee, I'm just a blender and if I can just drift amongst the shadows during the day, I'm good. Just let this ol' lady go about her errands and I'm having a blast...

Besides, have you seen some of the walmartians lately? A good 70% of them don't pass for their born gender at least not for the stereotypical physical features that you see on the media. For me, I don't care what you look like, if you're happy and not botherin' anybody, you're good to go for my way of life....

Renne.....

Being pretty is not a prerequisite for passing. Not all GG's are pretty or model material. If you go out dressed and nobody hassles you then you're doing fine. That's my take on it.
    Last edited by Marleena; 01-03-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Today I feel that I am very passable. The likely reason is that I haven't looked into the mirror.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Being pretty is not a prerequisite for passing. Not all GG's are pretty or model material. If you go out dressed and nobody hassles you then you're doing fine. That's my take on it.
    Here here Marleena. The whole thing is less about passing and more about fitting in. How you feel about yourself is what matters.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Platinum Member
    All I can say is I hope that they grade on a curve!

If I didnt have to come back on base (my wife and I live on base because its closer to work) , then I could wear my makeup when I go out dressed. If my wife had her license, I could as well. Even when I am just out with my wig and clothing, I could care less whether I pass.....my only question is whether I am comfortable or not!

I'm right there with Renne on this one. During the hustle of daily routine, most people don't take time to actually see what they're looking at. My wife and I used to go to a mall with a coffee shop, where we would sit and watch people. Most people treat fellow shoppers not as other people, but as obstacles. Sometime, just sit and watch; observe how they interact, or rather don't. If you blend in, no one even notices you. Okay, some one will, because they are looking, but generally, it's very few. And they rarely react. Yes, there are members here that have posted photos that I would swear were GG's, and model material at that. Yes, I'm jealous. But we're not all like that, nor are most everyone else. Passing is a term that we should dispose of. Be Yourself, and be the best Yourself you can be.

Banned Read only
    Stop thinking of passing and start thinking of being you. You will do much better and go further.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Stop thinking of passing and start thinking of being you. You will do much better and go further.
    Perfect Jorja!

I used to worry about "passing" when I went out. Now I just dress and go. For me it's the confidence that's the key. If you feel confident as a woman and exude that no matter where you go you will be "accepted" and isn't that what we all really want?
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Well, I think we either "pass" or "fail" but in both cases, I think it's all mostly in our own head. Most other people don't seem to be concerned, why should we?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Perfect Jorja!

I used to worry about "passing" when I went out. Now I just dress and go. For me it's the confidence that's the key. If you feel confident as a woman and exude that no matter where you go you will be "accepted" and isn't that what we all really want?
    Three cheers for Jorja and Cheryl! I'd amend this to say "confident as "me".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I like to think I am still making the grade, it is a matter of pride really.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't over analyze the word "passing" I just want to go out not receive any negative reactions. My first time out was not very successful, I went back and learned how to look and walk more like a woman and passing/blending is much better.

Passing is all in the eye of the beholder and much more often than not, you will never have a clue as to whether you made the grade.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Whether or not you pass is heavily influenced by your own mindset. Of course, having feminine features help, but when you really want to pass, and when you feel good about yourself in your female clothes, it improves your image a lot. You'd be surprised how much more beautiful someone can be if they're happy about themselves!

It is all about being presentable, work on that image, feel good about your self get out there the more you ride the bike the better you get after awhile you take off the training wheels and you're doing wheelies!!!!!!!!!!!!