Thread: Doing a Theater Piece on Coming Out

Doing a Theater Piece on Coming Out

I am going to do a theater piece on coming out as genderfluid tonight. There is a group here in Eugene called No Shame theater were anyone who wants can do a 5-minute piece. Sort of Theater open mike. I am doing a piece about my history with gender, including a couple of costume changes. This is probably the most open and vulnerable I have been around my gender. Wish me luck and confidence.
    "We are born naked, everything else is drag" - RuPaul

That takes courage Angel.I hope things go well for you.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Don't dream it, be it. SweetTransvestite's Avatar
    Indeed, break a leg-sounds like something I'd love to do (with enough rehearsal, heh)

Break a leg!
    (I would not have the nerve to do that myself - WAY too much stage fright here)

Good luck Angel! That's a very brave step and one to be proud of. Please let us know how it goes!

Charlotte
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You will be alright.
    Most experimental theater succeeds as long as it does not rely on profanity and crudeness to succeed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think my piece went really well. The audience seemed to react well, although when I am nervous, (and I was) I can not feel what is going on me as well. A friend gave me advice to let my fear go our, use it, rather than having it go in, and I think that helped me a lot. Here is a link to a transcript of my performance. http://wp.me/p2RAEt-Q . I hope to have a You Tube video by Wednesday.

Kim
    "We are born naked, everything else is drag" - RuPaul