Thread: Corsets. the effect..cheap or not.. :)

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area

Corsets. the effect..cheap or not.. :)

Hello all, this is a second (3rd???) party question.. for those experienced in wearing corsets (either custom made or discount, i.e. EBAY), have you ever felt or known anyone to have felt discomfort in their legs during the daily wearing of a corset? either half or full size..

I'm a cd, so I wear one only time to time so I didn't know how to respond to this question from a friend..any insights????

Thank you..
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Gold Member
    First, if buying a corset, get a good one. Cheep ones will fall apart rather fast.
    Shape wear will hold you in to a point, but some times they can roll and become uncomfortable
    to wear for any long period of time. Layering girdles and pantie-girdles works well
    until you have to go to the bathroom; Then it is a chore to get undressed and redress again.
    Rader

hello I'm new here but I have a question about corsets, I wish to get a more feminine figure one obviously when I wear it and secondly to make a slight long term difference.
    I wanted to wear a corset for a while but I am nervous about getting one being only 18 also being 18 I do not have a lot of money rolling in do you know where I can get a decent one which will actually shape me without costing me too much? Also what should I look out for?

many thanks in advance x

I don't wear daily but I have worn for 10+ hours at a time. I've never experienced discomfort wearing a full corset. I tried a waist cincher first and didn't like it. It fell just below my ribs and when tight I couldn't bend over without pain.

I tryed corsets for a short time, but found they increased my upper body size,and the look side on was terrible,so gave up,I like the female look 360degs arround me.

Mary Tyler Moore wannabe MarinaKirax's Avatar
    Yes, I'm told it can happen. There is a kind of nerve pinch that can happen, particularly in women who wear anything that tightly constricts just at the hip bones or below - whether its tight jeans, a rigid wide belt, or the bottom of a corset. Its called meralgia parasthetica, and it can give you pain or numbness down the side and front of your thigh. Who knew??
    God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett

Corsets are supposed to be worn up higher around your waist, not your legs... tha's probably why its uncomfortable down there.... ;-)

Perhaps, they are wearing it too tight too fast or not lacing it evenly.
    Chickie

To me corsets are more trouble than they are worth. I was always very concious of my belly even after losing 3 stones. Not all women of a certain age have hour glass figures so I ditched it, best move ever.
    Maria

I have read all replies as I really do want one but id just like to get some more advice on choosing one. I am unsure what to get as there seems many different types, is there any good places anyone would recommend? and reasonable prices would be good info. please reply as any info is good info
    and oddly enough MarinaKirax i recently told my girlfriend about meralgia parasthetica x

Depends on many things, budget is my limiting factor.

I get good cleavage(with No extra upper body skin) using a "Longline" bra and an under-bust corset/waist cincher.

The latter I got from ebay for some $12~ and the combo really pushes things out there.
    See my b&w pic to get an idea.

I have Nothing to make cleavage with. This worked.

To answer your other q. I cannot wear often enough to give any info.

Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by FeminineEmoBoy View Post
    I have read all replies as I really do want one but id just like to get some more advice on choosing one. I am unsure what to get as there seems many different types, is there any good places anyone would recommend? and reasonable prices would be good info. please reply as any info is good info
    and oddly enough MarinaKirax i recently told my girlfriend about meralgia parasthetica x
    Don’t buy a cheep one! You will never be happy with it and it won’t last.
    I have found that paying around £120-£150 will get you one that lasts and is lovely to wear.
    I have four Corsets, two below and two above the breasts.
    All of them I bought on eBay and was very happy with them.

You will also need to get the size right although there is some leeway here as the laces will compensate. Go for a waist size 4” smaller than your natural waist size and you should be O.K.

I hope that helps

thanks both for replies firstly suzy £120 seems doable just... and I'l make sure to stay away from cheap ones then and the 4" size thing helped also. i think i may get an under breast one so i am able to wear it under more outfits. do under breast and over breast give almost same results?
    x
    Yolanda your cleavage looks really good in your profile pic! O.O how is it so real looking? 12~ seems way too cheap???
    x

Yes, the under and over bust give exactly the same waistline and curvy shape.

thank you so much suzy! you have been such a great help! =D x

Quote Originally Posted by FeminineEmoBoy View Post
    hello I'm new here but I have a question about corsets, I wish to get a more feminine figure one obviously when I wear it and secondly to make a slight long term difference.
    I wanted to wear a corset for a while but I am nervous about getting one being only 18 also being 18 I do not have a lot of money rolling in do you know where I can get a decent one which will actually shape me without costing me too much? Also what should I look out for?

many thanks in advance x
    hi karren hutton from this site turned me on to this specific corset and i absolutely love it

http://www.glamourboutique.com/ger005corset.aspx

the quality is excellent and it does a wonderful job of producing feminine curves. they are also quite comfortable to wear
    jennifer

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Thank you all for reading and replying to my question, it's very appreciated.. it helps to understand issues and effects of wearing a corset, especially when it comes to quality and durability. And to know when to ditch the idea of wearing all together

Quote Originally Posted by Chickhe View Post
    Corsets are supposed to be worn up higher around your waist, not your legs... tha's probably why its uncomfortable down there.... ;-)

Perhaps, they are wearing it too tight too fast or not lacing it evenly.
    There's always one 'Chick' in the bunch Should have known this was going to set me up for a funny response...thank you for the laugh, funny mental visual.

Yes, maybe it could be not properly fitting it on since she is a novice.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaKirax View Post
    Yes, I'm told it can happen. There is a kind of nerve pinch that can happen, particularly in women who wear anything that tightly constricts just at the hip bones or below - whether its tight jeans, a rigid wide belt, or the bottom of a corset. Its called meralgia parasthetica, and it can give you pain or numbness down the side and front of your thigh. Who knew??
    Thank you Marina for explaining what this may be and the term for it. I'll have look more into it for a better understanding and ways to minimize or prevent it. This sure sounds like what her issues were.

Again, thank you all for the responses
    Last edited by Marissa; 01-07-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Tried a corset, and had that lovely experience of having it so tight that i felt I couldn't breath. There was an episode of America's next top model or something a few years ago, where one of the contestants passed out because of that. And if memory serves, tight corsets were a frequent cause of 'the vapors', where victorian age women suffered the same problems. So you can keep the corsets. The furthest I'll go is a good firm body briefer by playtex, you can find them on ebay in various sizes. With a 36 inch waist, I wore my mom's size 38B cup one quite comfortably, and the elastic pulled me in as snug as I wanted. No, I didn't have the nice 70/100 waist to hip ratio that real curvy girls do, but it felt nice and looked nice too.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

jennifer_cd thanks for the reply that one looks quite good and on sale! hope it stays on sale til pay day considering getting that one XD x
    Marissa thank you for posting the question i have learnt a lot! though i have been crossdressing since like three years old i haven't bought many own clothes until now so all infomation has been great!!! x

I've worn some cheap corsets and waist clinchers that had me in tears after a few hours.... but all my good corsets are properly sized and fitted and I can wear them for days.... weeks.... without any issues....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thankz for the Glamour B. link ... great things to try..
    Danelle

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've worn some cheap corsets and waist clinchers that had me in tears after a few hours.... but all my good corsets are properly sized and fitted and I can wear them for days.... weeks.... without any issues....
    hmm I think I'l stick to your advice having tears is never a good sign :/ haha. Thanks for the suggestion just a newbie trying to be smart I'v always have wanted one and soon the time will come x