Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In Male Mode what clues to your femininity do you present?

Definitely my posture, especially the way I cross my legs. Also certain mannerisms and gestures I use often.

I have shaved legs and wear shorts year round except on really cold days. I often have painted toenails, clear anymore, but for a while I was rocking French tips. Got paranoid a few months ago when I ran into a coworker and his wife in the grocery. There was a produce counter between us, but I was afraid his wife would notice my toenails.

I sometimes wear a toe ring and a light dusting of beige on my eyelids. Had semi-shaped eyebrows but have been too lazy to keep it up lately, so I've just been plucking the unibrow and any really stray hairs.

And underdressing at all times away from work. Again, got paranoid a few months ago and haven't worn panties to work since.

I have acrylic nails and even in drab they are there to see. I also have longer hair. Other than that I have no visible signs. I certainly dont flash my undies for others to see.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I don't know, you'd have to ask my elephant.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Shaved arms and legs. Some times, my location. Why else would a guy be by himself in Sephora??
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Silver Member
    Manicured nails, and a complete lack of any body hair (and my hairless arms and legs are visible almost year round.) I have been told many times I still don't look at all feminine at all as a male, though.

For me it's my shaved legs and arms, my manicured hands and the earrings I wear on both ears. So far no one outside of my fiancé knows of Tiffany yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Denier View Post
    No crossover for me -- I'm either all guy or all girl
    Same here. My secret identity requires I keep things well hidden, and change only in phone booths . . .

Not sure I can count everything ... Hairless legs and arms. Long hair dyed platinum blonde. Shaped eyebrows. Permanent eyeliner and gray eyeshadow, pink lips. Multiply pierced ears and nose (but don't wear jewelry in boy mode, just holes visible). L-o-n-g acrylic nails, either pink and white or sometimes polished. 4" heels usually.

You'd have to be pretty blind or ignorant not to pick up on at least some of these tells.

- Diane

Just that my hair's getting longer, and I have different colored shirts available to add to my male garb.
    - Phoebe Brenne

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Since I am "hair-challenged" on top I try to make up for it in other ways: shaved arms/legs, regular pedis w/color, clear polish on fingernails, eye shadow, trimmed/plucked eyebrows (also use pencil - hate those pesky gray hairs!), mascara, light lipstick, fem fragrance, ankle bracelet, ladies watch/wallet. Panties 24/7, girlie jeans/tops and socks/loafers. I walk on a regular basis and usually count anywhere from 10-15 fem articles on me. If I wasn't so afraid of this "passing" thing I'd just put on my wig and be done with it..... Seriously considering getting my ears pierced, even at my advanced age....
    Last edited by donnatracey; 01-07-2013 at 12:36 AM.

For me it would be long hair about 5 inch's below the shoulders and my 7 ear piercings .I seem to have a bit of a earring fetish.

Shaved arms/legs/underarms. Had friends call me out on it but explained that its more hygenic by not sweating as much lol.
    ‎"Music is a lie. It is a lie. Art is a lie. You have to tell a lie that is so wonderful that your fans make it true." -Lady Gaga

Monique Youtube

What an interesting thread! Sometimes I will slip and speak in my female voice. I will also stand in a pose that is more feminine than male (if you get what I mean.. hard to explain). Also when I go do something and I hit my fingernail against something, I immediately check to see if my nail is OK.

Banned Read only
    There has been times when my wife and I have been entertaining guest's. And we would all indulge in mutual talk about life and living. And it has happened, where I would be talking and suddenly I would find myself talking and gesturing like I was Tara and I would see and hear this, but I would keep talking on my view point and tried to shake away from the fem self that only I caught myself doing.
    Later on in the evening, I would ask my wife if she noticed that, and she said yes she did notice the voice and mannerisms had changed suddenly and wondered how our guest's had not picked up on it. Even when I caught myself and heard and saw it myself, I would try to work so hard to move away from what I was realizing, and I couldn't stop it at all. But I would just finish what I was saying and when others were talking, I would give deep thought to only what I saw or that my wife did see, and I would pull myself together, while another person was talking, and then when I spoke the next time, it was very different, like in my man mode. I began to see, that sometimes, I slip in and out subconsciously from Tara to guy mode, and sometimes, I cannot help it at all. i give thought to that right now and look back on my life, and I ask myself questions. Did the bullies see something in me that I didn't recognize myself?
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 03-25-2013 at 08:25 PM.

How do you 50% epilate your forearm hair? I've been trying to figure that one out. I've tried it before by holding it further away from the skin and thought it hurt more than just epilating normal.

Panties. Sometimes ladies jeans and a questionably feminine blouse/shirt, and sandals.
    Di

I don't "purposely" give away any clues...But,I do have upper and lower earrings in each ear,arced,thin brows,no hair on my hands and arms and if I was to "get naked" my hairless body and smooth legs with nicely done toenails might become obvious. But I hide my long fingernails often with dirt,grime and grease,so no one will notice that they don't often see a nail clipper. Probably for all I have told about,the double earrings may give off the biggest hint that there is more going on inside my head than being a dirty boy,and that doesn't bother me and some people seem nicer to me for that.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001
    In Male Mode what clues to your femininity do you present? What are the telltale signs that you present even if they are more subtle?
    [SIZE="2"]I'll tell ya... I decry violence. I decry ugliness. I cry when I see something beautiful. I cross my legs at the knee, especially if there are any typical males around. I read body language. I stop to smell the flowers. If I see an interesting rock, I don’t pick it up and throw it at something; I examine it, put it in my pocket (if I have one) and take it home. I feel sorry for inanimate objects. I don’t do any grilling. I don’t drink anything out of the bottle. I admire cats. I never say “A BUCK thirty-two” when I mean 132. My idea of fantasy has nothing to do with sports. Fear of intimacy has never crossed my mind. I don’t like messes, and I don’t make messes. I don't like loud noises. I don't scream "WOOHOO!!!" at every opportunity. I don’t think in black and white, in fact I think sideways at all times – as such, people (other men) think I’m strange…

But, I must say, I am very much a MALE. I like to see rockets being launched, or cannons being fired, or something being propelled out of the end of a cylindrical barrel of some sort, and I don’t care where it lands, whatever it may be – why is that?
    [/SIZE]

Traces of nail polish, lack of body hair and taking probably too much interest in what female characters are wearing on TV.

Maria

For me its lack of body hair, thinned eye brows (my poor attempt at shaping them), my usual posture while standing and sitting (crossed legs). On the more hidden side, colored toe nails, and my usual daily underdressing.

Now, the strange thing about all this is that, before my wife knew, I would still do most of these things (save for the ongoing leg shaving) and she never really thought much of it. Or maybe unconsciously wished it away. Who knows. Now that she knows she's commented out loud to herself on more than one occasion "how could I have missed that". Just the other day while looking at a very recent pic of us she said "you know, now that I know, I can definitely see your fem side". Mind you, this was just a pic of us two together our friend took from across the table. I asked why she said that and she couldn't explain. Guess i give out that girly vibe if you care to observe...

Female deodorant, perfume most days, legs shaved when it is shorts weather (about 3/4 of the year here), and super shinny buffed toe nails. I also wear brighter or more feminine colors.

In male or female mode I wear female eye wear, usually a frame in cat's eye style. But I'm not very often in male mode.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

For me its a light sprinkling of a nice female perfume or deodrant, depending on whether im working or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well....bob hairstyle with bangs and multiple colors weaved throughout, waxed and tinted eye brows, small hoop earrings, and some body language.....that is me everyday. Some days I add perfume and cute/tall shoes.