Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if ???

What if ???

What if you go out all dolled up and get stopped by the cops ?? Has that happened to any of you and how do you handle that ??

Yes, pulled over in the states and Mexico. I've also been stopped while walking. No big deal at any time. Cops don't care unless you're in Alabama maybe

Stopped twice, once near San Francisco and the other in Detroit. Both times treated very professionally and I was let go with no ticket.

Banned Read only
    Ha ha, no that has never happened to me. But I have given thought to it though, that if something like that ever happened, I would go into the mode from the many stories about this that I have read on here through the years. I would answer all questions and follow every order or request and I would be as polite as I could be, which by the way, I am always polite to everyone when interacting with the public. I would be apologetic , and would say yes sir and no ma'am. I would do my very best to make the stop as easy going as possible. But I'm not saying that I would do anything at all, not to be taken to jail, I would have my limits. I remember a cd on here a few years ago, saying she got pulled over and the cop worked a deal with her to get out of a ticket in exchange for oral sexual favors, well right there I would draw the line.
    I do feel that in this age in time 2013, that police officers have seen it all, and none of us would be the first cd they ever stopped. I hope I am right in the feeling that if I'm polite and ever so super courteous, I can continue to drive on my way, though I would be somewhat embarrassed for feeling that I'm on my way to molest someone or cruise the city park. I would be very deathly afraid that just because of what I am, the officer would want to exploit the situation and drag me to the head quarters, just to show off to his comrades, "hey, look what I brought in", and for me to have to spend the night in jail with some of the most ruthless killers, robbers, rapist's, and molesters in town. I would really fear that happening to me.

So to answer you, I have never been stopped as Tara, I hope I never do, but if it did, I would be just as nice as possible and hope and pray that all ends so swell.

Tara D. Rose
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 01-07-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duana View Post
    Yes, pulled over in the states and Mexico. I've also been stopped while walking. No big deal at any time. Cops don't care unless you're in Alabama maybe
    One place I did not dress.
    I rode in the back of the bus and talked to people that had darker skin than I do, and I did notice stern looks from other fair skinned people as I was sitting joking and getting advice on all the tourist spots.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Once in Sarasota, Fl and once in Nashville Tn. Not one bit of disrespect or otherwise either time. Both very courteous and professional.

You won't get bothered in any way in "most" states if you are "within the law".I never have had a problem with "routine" traffic stops in Maine,New Hampshire,Massachusetts,Rhode Island,and Florida! lol
    Last edited by Rogina B; 01-07-2013 at 06:23 AM.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I got pulled over for speeding the weekend before christmas. I knew that I was speeding and admitted it to him. I also let him know, when he walked up that there was a pistol in the very back of my tahoe. It was out of reach and no way I could do anything with it. It was in a case for transport. He threatened to take it and charge me with a misdemeanor. You could tell when he pulled me over and shined the light on what I was wearing that he was not impressed because he gave a little chuckle. I was dressed to the 9's with a cute dress mid thigh with black tights and heels. also a wig and makeup. It was approx. 1 am and he told me I had been drinking. I do not drink and told him so. He made me blow. Told me a blew a 0.0 and that he couldnt get me for that. I got a ticket for 65 in 45 when he originally told me i was running 60. Didnt argue with him however. I think he was young and just trying to make a point, especially for someone "different" then what he normally sees. By the way I was in NC

This was probably about 15 years ago. At the time it happened it was frightening, but after it was very funny. One evening my wife gave me a list of things we wanted from the grocery store. So we put the kids to bed, I dressed and went out to a store in the next town. On the way back, I was thinking it was still sort of early and wanted a soda to have while I watch some TV for the night. So I went a bit out of the way by a 7-11 (convenience store). I pulled up slowly checking to see that there wasn’t a big group of people in there. It was almost empty so I pulled in and parked. As soon as I turned off my car, another pulled in and parked in the spot next to me. I looked over and it was a county policeman. My heart was racing! I thought about leaving, but figured then he would surely think I was up to something, so I went ahead and got out of the car. As I approached the door, he moved quickly to get there before me, he opened the door and asked “Hello, how are you tonight?” In my softest voice, I said fine and asked how he was too, and moved quickly to the soda machine at the back of the store. But he followed me and got up very close to me and asked “Nice night tonight, isn’t it?” So I said “Yes it is” and moved on the pay for my drink. He followed me again and before I could pay and get out of there he said “Have a nice evening.” I turned around, smiled, did a little hand wave and got the heck out of there.

The more I thought about it, I wonder, did I pass and he thought I was a woman? Was he hitting on me? Or was I not even close to passing and he just wanted to check me out? Or did he know I was a guy, figured I might be gay, and wanted to hit on me. Hmmmmm. I guess I’ll never know.
    Stephanie

Hasn't happened yet, but if it did I would just be polite and cooperative.
    I also carry a photo id of me dressed that identifies me as a crossdresser stating that this is purely for personal reasons and no illegal intent. Just like every other situation when I'm out I'll take it as it comes and handle it with dignity.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Handle it like you would any other time. Besides your driving infraction, you aren't doing anything illegal!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Cops crossdress too. One of them might be one of us. LOL

[SIZE="3"]Yes, it's happened to me three times. First time I was stopped at a DUI checkpoint. I was pretty cool about it but the officer questioned me for a long time and called over a few of his cop buddies to check me out. They all had a big laugh then let me go about my way. The other two times were for very minor traffic infractions, {I think just to pull me over and see if I had been drinking} no tickets were given and they both seemed not to care how I was dressed.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Hasn't happened yet dammit but when it does I try to keep fresh donuts in the car and will no doubt flash some leg at them.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I've been pulled over for random alcohol checks (R.I.D.E.) here in Canada. I don't drink so a polite 'have a nice evening' is all I get. No mention what so ever of how I presented. I've been pulled over in a few U.S. states, but never ticketed (it's too much of a hassle to ticket out of country drivers). Florida cop with a very big gun asked why I was dressed like I was. "I've always dressed like this" was all the explaination needed, and he bid me a good night. I give all policemen respect and politeness, they have a hard job, but somebody has to do it. -Celeste

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I had to go thru a random DUI road block once dressed.3 police cars at the check point too.
    It was about 10:00 pm the female officer walked up and asked where I had been and where I was going.I answered and she said drive safely ma'am and off I went.

Banned Read only
    There is absolutely nothing illegal about cross dressing! All that the police can do is cite you for whatever violation might have occurred. Now, if someone is stopped for DUI, then they are an idiot and they will have the embarrassment of their life in lock up.

I am so glad that when most of you ladies are pulled over that the police officers treat you professionally. When I started going out in the early 70s I was scared stiff because at that time you could get arrested for public crossdressing. I was doubly frightened because when I was 14 or 15 I was at our local 4th of July fireworks with my father who happened to be an auxillary cop. He was talking to some other police and someone brought up that recently some man was at a local department store dressed as a woman. They all laughed and made a lot of fun of that unfortunate soul. S(h)e wasn't arrested because she left before the police were called. The discussion wasn't exactly 'professional'. I've always felt afraid of being 'caught' and put down because of what I was doing. I felt much relief in the early 80s when it was no longer a 'crime' to crossdress.

For some reason I drive better enfemme than not..... hence the number of male points on my drivers license right now.... saying "your kidding me" the last time I was stopped wasn't the smartest thing to say apparently..... maybe I could spin this to my wife that I have to dress and drive... as a safety issue! lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    I know there is nothing illegal about driving or just appearing in public en femme, but, I still make a full safety check on my vehicle before driving. I check all the lights, headlights and turn signals. I figure there is no reason to attract unnecessary attention from anyone.

Best thing not to do is when pulled over say..."your not going to look in the trunk are you?"
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    Best thing not to do is when pulled over say..."your not going to look in the trunk are you?"
    Almost! LOL!!!!!

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I know there is nothing illegal about driving or just appearing in public en femme, but, I still make a full safety check on my vehicle before driving. I check all the lights, headlights and turn signals. I figure there is no reason to attract unnecessary attention from anyone.
    Excellent advice!.......

Silver Member
    There is a lot of difference between now and 40 or 50 years ago. If you were dressed as a woman you could be arrested and charged with wearing a false identity. Some of the old laws may be on the books, but I don't think they are ever enforced today. We have come a long ways.

It's happened a couple of times. Once in Alabama and the State Trooper didn't bat an eye. Asked for license, registration, and insurance. He stopped me because he couldn't see my shoulder belt. I blended into my sweater. He apologized and let me go.