Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if ???

If you are dressed and stopped by the police, for any reason, DO NOT PANIC. Simply answer their questions, do not elaborate. You don't need to tell them you are dressed because you lost a bet - they don't care. Be honest but not overly forthcoming - they don't care. Duana mentioned she has been pulled over in Mexico. She had a good experience, but I think she was lucky as Mexico is a male dominated society and she may have found the one police officer with some amount of sophistication; most will look unfavorably upon you unless you are in a VERY urban setting.

The police are only interested in you because they suspect you committed a traffic violation, so the best thing to do is not run or cruise a stop sign, signal all of your turns, don't speed (or drive too slow) and make sure your car has all of its equipment working. Make sure you have your license, registration and proof of insurance with you.

If you get stopped because you have been drinking, then you'll get what you deserve, and spending the night in a drunk tank dressed is not an experience you'll soon forget.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Quote Originally Posted by brittany View Post
    I got pulled over for speeding the weekend before christmas. I knew that I was speeding and admitted it to him. I also let him know, when he walked up that there was a pistol in the very back of my tahoe. It was out of reach and no way I could do anything with it. It was in a case for transport. He threatened to take it and charge me with a misdemeanor. You could tell when he pulled me over and shined the light on what I was wearing that he was not impressed because he gave a little chuckle. I was dressed to the 9's with a cute dress mid thigh with black tights and heels. also a wig and makeup. It was approx. 1 am and he told me I had been drinking. I do not drink and told him so. He made me blow. Told me a blew a 0.0 and that he couldnt get me for that. I got a ticket for 65 in 45 when he originally told me i was running 60. Didnt argue with him however. I think he was young and just trying to make a point, especially for someone "different" then what he normally sees. By the way I was in NC
    Hi Brittany, what part of North Carolina; I love here. State Trooper I'm guessing?

Thank you all for your input !!
    I actually feel a bit more embolden about venturing out. This is the year.

Banned Read only
    Move slowly, make sure the officer can see your hands at all times, do not argue or mouth off to them, show them your ID. Everything will be just fine.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by shycheri
    What if you go out all dolled up and get stopped by the cops ??
    [SIZE="2"]I was on I-70, entering UTAH from Colorado, many years ago, and for some reason I decided to stop at the rest area just this side of the border. I detected something in the air, and I suddenly felt very vulnerable dressed to the nines in such a remote, yet well-traveled, setting. As such, I reverted to my drab male clothes, carefully tucked my femme stuff away, and continued on my journey. I figured that I would need to change anyway a few miles away, so why not do it now?

Anyway, a few miles into Utah I encountered a roadblock put up by the State Police! They stopped everyone coming along, and I was obliged to open my vehicle. I was traveling alone, and my vehicle (A Jeep Wrangler) was relatively small, so, after a quick look, they let me continue on my way. I think they were looking for an escaped fugitive, but I’ve always wondered what would’ve happened if I HAD been dressed up in such a situation. I would have had to declare myself a crossdresser and go from there, hoping they might be a little sympathetic – they could see that I was from Massachusetts, so maybe I could say something like “We like to crossdress back home!” and bat my eyelashes. I was literally in the middle of nowhere, and I respect authority, so I would play the “truth card” in such a situation…

Having a big bag of femme clothes, whole outfits as a matter of fact, in my vehicle is what would worry me the most – how do you explain it to someone who has no appreciation for deviants? I later told my girlfriend about this incident, saying, “Good thing I wasn’t wearing a dress!” She couldn’t stop laughing…
    [/SIZE]

Over the years, I have read innumerable posts on being pulled over by the police. And, on the whole, things seem to have gone pretty well. As I recall, all of these instances have been in the US. What about this (i.e. the "other") side of The Pond? Have any of our sisters ever been pulled over by the police in the UK, or in Scotland in particular - a very staid people. Crossdressing may not be against the law; but in the eyes of the men and women sworn to uphold the laws of our country, any man found wearing a skirt or a dress is open to humiliation of the worst kind. I reckon he would be hilariously hauled in and publicly defrocked. The charge used to be "behavior likely to cause a breach of the peace".

Have any of our sisters ever been pulled over by the police in the UK ?

This sort of makes me laugh, I have also been stopped, once in Elk grove village, Illinois after leaving a club. I was also dressed to the nines as i was out clubbing with a couple other girls. The Officer was more interested in getting my number ofr going for coffee than giving me any kind of a ticket. The second time was in illinois on our toll road. It was around 2 AM, I was stopped for speeding, I reacted calmly, showed my actual drivers license, my femme State Id, my registration and insurance. I was told I was 10 over the speed limit and to please slow it down. The State Trooper was very professional and commented that I definatly looked better as Veronnica that my real drivers license. I was totally flattered and shocked. As a side to this incident, I pulled off into what was then a Howard Johnsons tollway stop for a cup of coffee. As I was getting my coffee who walked in but the officer. Needless to say, I bought him a cup of coffee and I left. Veronnie2

Hi Brittany, what part of North Carolina; I love here. State Trooper I'm guessing?
    I was right outside Charlotte in a town called Concord. It was a Concord city cop

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    The one time that police bothered me when I was dressed, they warned me that I was in a bad area. I am a bit foggy now on exactly what happened; I seem to recall they seemed a bit disappointed when they asked me what I was doing and I pointed to the nearby club I was going to; as if they had hoped to nab me for buying drugs or being a prostitute (apparently the square I had circled once while getting my nerve up was known for its drug sales.) I do remember their stopping me as being a waste of both our times, and it felt a bit like they were "fishing" (e.g., hoping I would happen to sound drunk or high or would run or give them something to go on.) I was not scared but I was a bit annoyed.

That was in downtown Hamilton Ontario.