Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would You Still Crossdress If..

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    I know my wife would be a crossdresser, she loves makeup, has tons of shoes, pretty clothes and purses.

what you have to realize is that someone somewhere decided that dresses and makeup and heels were for women. It is not a natural law. There is nothing in nature that says you have to wear one thing or another. YOU make that decision. Society made that decision.

So if you all say that you would wear the opposite just to identify as a woman, it is all mental. You can wear whatever. Who said jeans and boots were masculine? (or feminine in this new world).

Using the example in the OP, then women are crossdressing now which we know isn't true.

Look back 300 years. France. The rich male wore stockings, dressing gowns, make up, wigs, eye liner, over the top jewelry. The shoes were called pumps. So if you were a rich male in 1700 and you wore pants and you decided to not wear make up, would they be crossdressers?

I would wear what I like, that is what I do now. I don't wear skirts and dresses to make a statement that the opposite sex wears it. I wear it because I like what I wear and how I look. So assuming that I keep the same brain, I would be your everyday male.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Dressing as a womn

Frankly, I like to wear dresses to look and blend in with women.
    Not much point or interest in it if all the women wear jeans and pants.

Quote Originally Posted by SandraInHose View Post
    No, because I'm attracted to the clothes regardless of who wears them.

I would not only spend 24/7 completely dressed in pantyhose, skirts, dresses, heels, etc, but I would be constantly looking out for that society's crossdressed women...the ones who also like to dress up in skirts, hose, heels.
    This 100%!

Having said that as a fetish cross dresser I probably wouldn't be turned on by femme attire as it would no longer be femme attire...hmm confused. But on the basis that I much prefer skirts and dresses to pants and jeans on an aesthetic level, I probably still would.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Janet Bern View Post
    Frankly, I like to wear dresses to look and blend in with women.
    Not much point or interest in it if all the women wear jeans and pants.

Well said Janet, I prefer your answer to mine!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pacificblue View Post
    Men's clothes were women's and vice versa?

Basically if it was normal and expected for men to wear makeup and skirts and heels and all the other pretty things we love here, would your partner be shocked when you tell them that you like wearing... (GASP!) jeans and work boots!? Would you even wear boxers under your dress?
    In any given culture, across all time (sounds like a Star Wars intro), the attraction for a particular look or style has not been constant since styles have changed tremendously. A peasant woman 400 years ago would have worn plain clothing made of rough fabric, devoid of the embellishment we think of when we look at the paintings of kings and queens of the time replete with lace and ruffles. A peasant man from that time would also have worn strictly utilitarian clothes woven of rough fabric, but had he been a crossdresser he would have enjoyed wearing the rough, decidedly not cute woman's long skirt.

My SO told me when I first met her, that if women in our culture shaved their heads, wore nose rings, and painted their faces green, this is what crossdressers would like to do. It's not about a particular style, it's about looking as much like the woman in a CDer's own historical and cultural period.

http://jean-claude-kuner.de/wp-conte...dache_01_N.jpg

Edit - The people who say they are only attracted to the cute hose, skirts, etc and not the women's jeans, say this because the clothes they have in mind are also a part of feminine current culture. If skirts and hose had never been invented or even though of, and no one knew what they looked like, if CDers only knew women to wear women's jeans, then they'd wear the women's jeans instead of the men's jeans.
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-08-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    My SO told me when I first met her, that if women in our culture shaved their heads, wore nose rings, and painted their faces green, this is what crossdressers would like to do. It's not about a particular style, it's about looking as much like the woman in a CDer's own historical and cultural period.

http://jean-claude-kuner.de/wp-conte...dache_01_N.jpg

Edit - The people who say they are only attracted to the cute hose, skirts, etc and not the women's jeans, say this because the clothes they have in mind are also a part of feminine current culture. If skirts and hose had never been invented or even though of, and no one knew what they looked like, if CDers only knew women to wear women's jeans, then they'd wear the women's jeans instead of the men's jeans.
    Hi Reine a thought provoking post from you as always. Surely the above is dependent on a CDers motivation for CDing? Skirts, hose, heels etc are what got me into CDing in the first place. Surely there would just be a lot less CDers? Interesting point though.

Charlotte
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you really want to explore this concept, read the book "Regiment of Women" by Thomas Berger. It was originally written in 1973, but is about society set in the year 2047. Men wear skirts and pantyhose. Women bind their chests and sport fake beards. It is something of a satire of the feminist movement of the 1970's. It is an interesting read though and is still available on Amazon.com.
    Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireRose View Post
    Hi Reine a thought provoking post from you as always. Surely the above is dependent on a CDers motivation for CDing? Skirts, hose, heels etc are what got me into CDing in the first place. Surely there would just be a lot less CDers? Interesting point though.
    If you think of it, we find beautiful what is familiar and for CDers especially, what is associated with women. If you can imagine a sister planet with life forms that look completely different than us (six arms, no necks, green bumpy skin, one eye), to them, we'd be ugly. But if there were CDing aliens on that planet, they'd want to look like or wear what the female alien was wearing. They wouldn't be interested in our fashions at all.
    Reine

I will opt out of this hypothetical and impossible scenario since garter belts and high heels are just not going to work on a construction site.

I would wear whatever it is that would help me feel 'normal'. It just so happens that juniors department fashions from the 70's are what makes me feel 'normal'. And, add a few really pretty dresses to that as well. If all the girls wore deep sea diving suits throughout their first 15 years, then I guess that's what I would have liked to wear.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I guess if it was normal there would be no such thing as crossdressing. So depending on the time and place you may find me in work jeans and boots with panties or in a cute skirt and sweater with panties. Why should the cloths make the person. Cant we dress for the situation?

Look I am already confused, I don't need this lol!

Banned Read only
    Absolutely not. I'm not giving up my sexy stuff for any man clothes. . .no, no, no.

Its so hard to imagine a world where plain men's t-shirts and jeans and thick white briefs would be considered cuter and prettier than smooth silky, frilly women's wear. But if the definition of pretty is men's wear in that world, then yea I'd probably wear that.

This is a very interesting subject to me because I have thought a lot about it in the past. I would always say if they started selling dresses, heels etc. in the mens department of a retail store but also still sold the same exact clothes in the womens section which ones would I want to wear. Well for me it is obvious, I would wear the ones in the womens section. So in a bizarro world where everything is reversed I would want to wear mens clothes.
    I'm the man(girl) in the box
    Buried in my sh*t
    Won't you come and save me, save me...
    Alice in Chains

I only wear men's clothes when i have to for business. otherwise I think women's clothes all the time would be a perfect world!
    regent,

Silver Member
    I'm pretty sure I would since I currently like to wear both men's and women's clothes as a way to express my feminine side. I'm getting more sure that for me it is about expression rather than just the clothes. In my neck of the woods males are strongly discouraged from expressing anything feminine. Those who do are thought to be gay. But that is sexual preference not gender exprssion. A basic human need is to be accepted for who your are and I think that is where my challenge is. So yes I think I would.