Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has the Novelty Worn Off for Anyone Else? Does the Thrill Return?

Hi Shibumi, I feel that I would probably start experiencing what you are experiencing. I started crossdressing as a thrill and fetish, but then I realised what I really wanted was for my fiancee to appreciate me as a pretty girl. She lets me wear her clothes, but I have not worn a wig or makeup for her before and I'm not sure if that will happen. I would probably give up if she outrightly told me she didn't like me as a girl, its meaningless to continue to crossdress without someone close to share it with.

I think the way you are feeling is normal. As some has already pointed out by their posts here, for some CD'rs it comes and goes.

In my own experiences, I have found that I love dressing up and being as feminine as I can be - as well as having those times in which I love throwing on any drab clothes and not needing to shave my legs.

Some of us will dress every day, some others not so much. Just find what is right for you. I think as long as you're not hurting anyone (especially your SO) than you should explore your feelings and find out as much as you can about yourself as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
    I crossed the line by telling her I wanted to buy a skirt when we were exchanging her gifts. That unsettled her and we had a serious talk--I reassured her I would respect her, didn't want to be a woman, etc. So we kind of shifted into a new normal...now as we get ready for bed, I take off my male clothes, and if underdressed I put on my satin robe, or if not, first I make a show of putting on a pair of pantyhose or stockings. I suppose I am testing her acceptance.
    Well her and her divorce lawyer will put excitement back into your life if you keep pushing her like that...... imho....
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-10-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
    I pushed the envelope by purchasing three pair of stiletto pumps with her knowledge, and she accepted that--though she was not overly happy when she saw the full effect. But then she said heels were OK except for bed, and in fact she complimented me on them and even suggested I buy her a similar pair in her size. So far, so good, right? I crossed the line by telling her I wanted to buy a skirt when we were exchanging her gifts. That unsettled her and we had a serious talk--I reassured her I would respect her, didn't want to be a woman, etc. So we kind of shifted into a new normal...now as we get ready for bed, I take off my male clothes, and if underdressed I put on my satin robe, or if not, first I make a show of putting on a pair of pantyhose or stockings. I suppose I am testing her acceptance.
    This is confusing me. You bought pumps WITH her knowledge but "pushed the envelope"? She knows you dress but was unsettled when you said you wanted to buy a skirt? Have you really told her everything or are you sort of parsing it out. The worst thing I read was "I am testing her acceptance." One word: DON'T. Big mistake. Talk to her about everything. No more secrets. Secrets are what kill any chance of real acceptance

Being able to share with my wife has made it more satisfying if not more exciting. And freed from the guilt over time stolen

The thrill is definatly not gone for me it's always exciting
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I will say you are pushing to hard to fast But thats me. Karen may be right about the divorce court excitement if u continue.
    As far as the thrilling wearing off, that happens to me when I dress a lot after 3 or 4 days of constant dressing The thrill is kind of gone.My wife knows but is not all that accepting so I do get that naughty thrill you talked about which I enjoy
    Good luck hope it works out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I completely agree that the novelty comes and goes. Sometimes I cannot get enough, and just keep going. Other times, like right now, I am completely dressed, in a great outfit, and cannot wait to get changed. It is just not working for me today!
    It is like any "behavior" though. It is very important to keep it in moderation.

The thrill was different when I began. Now that it has become more commonplace to be dressed, I have found other things about it that keep my interest.

I must say that I never dressed for any kind of thrill or novelty. I never felt any thrill from dressing, perhaps because of my point of view. To me, clothes are clothes, and I don't divide them into gender groups. So to me,wearing male or female clothes is basically the same thing. I wear both because I like them both.

In 40 years of dressing, I have purged, rebuilt and purged again. Like many things in life we do times change and we go different directions but I've always come back and dressed again. No more purge, if I feel that way I put everything in storage and the need will ALWAYS come back.

Thanks everyone for your replies. There is some very good advice here. I intend to stay within the boundaries she establishes precisely to avoid divorce lawyers, but since this is so new I had to find out how far I could go. As I have said before, I would love to dress completely, but I know I would look ridiculous, so I won't. While that desire is there, it is tempered by the knowledge that the illusion would not be convincing, so why bother. But from the waist down the skirt completes that partial illusion and is very visually stimulating, so I wanted her to allow that. I'll see how it goes and if she continues to be accepting (and realizes I was sincere when I told her I was not TG) I will tell her about the skirt purchase.

Interesting thread.

I have gone through active and dormant periods with my crossdressing.

Dormancy has come on for a couple of reasons: feelings of guilt that what I was doing was wrong and needed to be suppressed; feeling that things were going too far and that I was venturing into risky activities (meaning I was opening myself up to being found out); and the whole hassle of being a closeted crossdresser.

I still find a thrill to it, and enjoy the "pink fog".

I'm still exploring what it all means, and what part of my life I want it to occupy, and to those ends this site is a fantastic, stimulating, and rich resource.

For moi the thrill has never left, but it has decreased at times. Being virtually 24/7 now has been a great experience.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud