Thread: New Physican

New Physican

Since moving a couple of years ago after retiring, I retained my same doctor in the old location simply because it was easier at the time. Yestetrday I signed on with a new local doctor , new to the area. That will save me about $ 100.00 a trip to see me old one, so it was out of convenience more than anything, a 2 hour drive one way savings. We had a chit chat appointment, sort of a 'get to know you' thingy. All went well. During the question period she continually asked, " Is there anything else you would like to tell me about yourself?" Of course, I told her I felt she should know I fall under the TG umbrella and knowing that might help her in any way during an emergency, etc.. She thanked me for this and asked for more details. Interestingly and now understandable, her major concern was if I was also gay as this might have implications during any surgery, etc. regarding the risk of HIV, and if so, regular testing would be required for the safety of all. I assured her I was hetero. so not a concern. She extended her knowledge about the tg world and turns out she is quite versed on it. She worked at St. Mike's in Toronto and informed me St. Mike's is the choice of hospitals in Toronto for anyone identifying as TG. So a bonus for me really. A new doctor close to home, and TG smart. Life just gets better.
    Last edited by jillleanne; 01-08-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Isn't it great when somebody is so non judgemental. I posted about my trip to the Dr. en femme a month ago. Same thing, asking about HIV risk. Mine also asked about HRT, medically prescribed, or black market. I'm glad to see they are getting some TG medical/sensitivity training.-Celeste

Banned Read only
    Every physician taking on a new patient should take a complete medical history and not just rely on transferred records. I worked in a large urban hospital for five plus years. The lack of record keeping by physicians and disclosure by patients amazed me. Both would have an adverse impact on treatment. Personal opinions by any physician or supporting medical staff should have no bearing on treatment. Unfortunately that is not always the case.

That is some progress on your part.
    A good outcome.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Curious. My doctor has semi retired and moved me to her replacment. My wife and I had discussions with her about my CDing. I'm curious about what is in the records. She seemed very discreet and the new DR hasn't said Boo...but there were times I thought the office staff were giving me curious glances. maybe just paranoid...Maybe Not.
    regent,

The last time i check in at my DR for a checkup...i was in ladies jeans, long hair up in a high pony tail.. ladies top.. and white tenis shoes.. i have been going to him for years. He is aware of my shaved legs so i think he has an idea, but nothing was brought up about in. i am planning on going to see him in a few weeks to discuss something for hair loss... and will dress even more fem this trip.. purse, ladies flats, panty hose if it is still cool weather.. maybe a little make up even. Once i make the appointment i want to call his nurse and ask her to make a note on my file to call me back to the DR from the waiting room by my fem name and not Mr. Doe.. The fem name works either way and is a form of my real name so that should not be a problem.. that way maybe i can keep the others in the waiting room guessing about am i or am i not..lol.. Going to talk about some of the drugs that are used by some of my tg friends that help their hair growth and see if it opens up a conersation on transgender..

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    Going to talk about some of the drugs that are used by some of my tg friends that help their hair growth and see if it opens up a conersation on transgender..
    Starr, why would a conversation on drugs for hair growth open up a conversation on transgender unless you specifically mention your TG friends? Sorry, maybe I'm a little slow today.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by marny View Post
    Curious. My doctor has semi retired and moved me to her replacment. My wife and I had discussions with her about my CDing. I'm curious about what is in the records. She seemed very discreet and the new DR hasn't said Boo...but there were times I thought the office staff were giving me curious glances. maybe just paranoid...Maybe Not.
    I don't know about rules or ethics, but unless it related directly to your medical history(diseases medical conditions) or treatment you are consulting doctor for, it should not be in there. In other words "oh by the way patient is drunkard, gambler, crossdresser,childabuser etc.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jill, After 25yrs. with the same DR. I get to break in a new DR. next Month.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!