Thread: trying to find a safe place to meet and make new friends

trying to find a safe place to meet and make new friends

I live in california and I have been trying to figure out the best way to meet people for friendship. I am a straight guy who enjoys the frilly side of life and I would like to meet others like myself. I have tryed craigslist and other sites but I keep getting gross penis pictures lol. I do live about an hour away from san francisco but times are hard and I can't afford to go right now. I'm thinking sf would probably be my best bet.
    I don't want anything sexual at all I am in a relationship. She actually came up with the idea of meeting others like myself.
    So if someone can point me in the right direction that would be wonderful.

~lilly anne~

I am in So Cal. I met 2 people so far that were just like me. It was very refreshing to have someone else to talk to. I encourage to talking to people thru forums like this to find some that are on the same plane as you. Then meet at a Starbucks or something in public and in drab. See if you hit it off.

Best of luck
    Tab

Look on line for local meeting groups for you and your SO to go to. Almost every area of the country has them. Veronnie2

Lilly, a quick Google search using Modesto LGBT or Modesto transgender brought up some possibilities closer to home for you. Trans groups are the best way to meet others. As you found out, CraigsList is not so great, and going to gay bars can be hit and miss with way more misses than hits.

There are a few girls who come up to Sacramento, San Jose or Walnut Creek from your area. Check out the River City Gems in Sacramento, Carla's Boutique in San Jose (Carla's also has a Meet Up group) and the Diablo Valley Girls in Walnut Creek. To the best of my knowledge, there are no formal groups in your area. Connecting through one or more of these groups may surface someone who travels from your area to their events so you may be able to car pool in addition to making a local area friend. Join the Yahoo groups of the Gems and DVG, and get on the e-mail list for Carla's as a way to stay in touch and connect.

www.rivercitygems.org
    www.carlas.com
    www.diablovalleygirls.org
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 01-09-2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: tyop, I mean, typo, repair

Thank you so much Melissa I will look into this for sure.
    You have a beautiful photo by the way.

That sounds great. I am so ready to be out more as lilly

I'm not sure what you have around there but a "safe place", in my estimation, would be any place open and in full view of the public.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Lilly_anne

Living in Delhi I had this thought. Are you by any chance a Sikh. If so, I know a Sikh near Yuba City who is also a CDer and I may be able to get you two together.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Lilly,
    I would try San Francisco in the Castro area.
    You can look on line at meeting places close by as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lilly, Scroll down on this forum to the (Meeting Place).
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!