Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling undressed unless you are underdressed?

Feeling undressed unless you are underdressed?

Does anyone else feel sad/unhappy/disappointed unless they are underdressed? I know for me I'm pretty disappointed if I'm not underdressed. And it isn't just that I'm wearing women's underwear, it's that I'm wearing LINGERIE. I mean a pretty bra, very feminine satin panties, a beautiful shiny cami, and a garter belt and stockings. At least. I rarely get to do that (fear/shame etc) but it seems like I'm only feeling complete when I'm truly attired in lingerie and I can feel the satin and lace all over me.

And oh yes, it is best of the panties are double-lined, meaning the shiny side of the satin is resting on my skin

The only underdressing that I do is panties, and I don't feel undressed if I don't underdress.

I do feel uncomfortable in jockey shorts what with their coarse fabric and thick seams. They are the male equivalent of a burlap bra.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Eryn, I laughed at that last sentence.

Vanphair, for me, it's more like an extra thing in my life that's good. I can still wear jeans and shorts and feel just fine. I even like the casualness of them.

Only when I am getting dressed do I even think about it. Once I am dressed in guy clothes and out the door it is the last thing I think about....although I almost always have panties on.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Those times when I can't wear pantyhose, I at least try to wear nylon/satin/microfiber panties. But for those times when even that is impossible, wearing mens' cotton underwear just sucks. I loathe them!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    The only underdressing that I do is panties, and I don't feel undressed if I don't underdress.

I do feel uncomfortable in jockey shorts what with their coarse fabric and thick seams. They are the male equivalent of a burlap bra.
    This is me as well. I've had to purchase guy jockey shorts just so I had some underwear that would be suitable to be seen by friends on trips. At least they won't get worn out very fast.
    Dana Ryan

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Yes, I have to be at least in panties 24/7!

I like to think that I can deal but almost always wear some kind of undergarments. The crazy thing that I noticed not to long ago is that the fear of someone noticing my bra or what have you has almost gone away unless I think about it to much. I am always wearing a bra and because of that I think that I'm so used to it that I dont really trip or think about it to much

Platinum Member
    I guess if I had to wear mens' underclothes, I'd feel a bit oddly dressed.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I love to wear feminine garments, both under clothes and the outer ones also. But I don't HAVE to wear them!! I wear them because I like to! This evening I attended a mens club meeting at a Church. Most of the time I do underdress enfemme. But tonight I was totally in drab, including jockey briefs. Not even fancy ones either! Sure, I like to wear satin panties, but it is not that important to me!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Good comment Eryn!
    Anyways, Vanphair, in answer to your question, for me, if I am not at least wearing panties, I feel myself constantly thinking about them and wishing I was wearing them. For the other garments, (other than pantyhose in the cooler days) I don't get to wear them unless I am at home - alone. I wish I had more freedom, but I don't right now, as I must put my family first.
    Di

I've totally forgoten what men's underwear feels like. I still have a couple of pair somewhere in case of some emergency. I work in the trades so in the cold weather mainly I like to go totaly enfemme under my work clothes when I need a little pick me up at work. Nothing like painted toenails,thigh-highs, lace thong and a pretty bra under my uniform shirt pants and Carhartts. Not to mention durring the winter I keep myself hair free from my nose to my toes. If my co-workers only knew!

Fortunately, I pretty much get to live en femme 24/7, except for a few rare occasions. As a woman, I'll typically have on bra, panties, and either pantyhose or garter belt & stockings. In the summer, I guess I'll have to live without the pantyhose/stockings.

The few times I've had to be in boi mode, I almost always have panties, hosiery, and cami on underneath.

I can't stand the feeling on men's underwear but keep a couple around in case of emergencies.
    Straight, full-time crossdresser. I've always known this was something that I wanted/needed to do but suppressed it while I was married. Now that I'm going through a divorce it's time to go all out!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    not a big fan of underdressing. Either i can go all out or i would rather forget it.

I wear panities almost everyday. I do feel kind of sad for a few minutes on those occasions where i can't put my panties on when i am getting ready in the morning. After I am dressed and on my way I don't think about it much.

My happiness is independent of the clothing I wear.... plus I don't get sad/
    unhappy/disappointed....... period
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I guess if I had to wear mens' underclothes, I'd feel a bit oddly dressed.
    I donot own any male under wear cant stand wearing it

Yes, there are times when I feel it would be best to wear men's underwear - when volunteering at my kids' school, say - and the first thing I do when I get back home is to change out of them. Lately, I've taken to wearing a pair of "stealth" panties in those circumstances, either white cotton with no trim or solid color bikinis that if you just caught a peak you'd think they were men's bikinis. Usually, though, it's panties, tank top or cami or sports bra under my shirt, girl socks, and some jewelry.

I feel colder without wearing my usual pantyhose under my pants.

I love the feel of nylon on my legs under my drab slacks at work. Usually, I'll wear pantyhose, and the sensation of them clinging to freshly-shaved skin definately gives me a little charge during the day. On the occasions where the material iis a little heavier in the pants (so that the garter straps don't show) I'll have stockings and a six-strap garter belt on, and that makes me more aware of my hips and butt. Makes me giggle privately about my secret little game at work. Without a doubt, makes a workday a little more tolerable.
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post

I'm in agreement with Eryn on this. I have only worn panties for the last 8 years and the few times I've had a 'need' (hospital stay or something) to wear male underwear it's been a constant reminder to me and uncomfortable to say the least.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am always underdressed but It is more of a practical than must do thing for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn

I do feel [I
    uncomfortable[/I] in jockey shorts what with their coarse fabric and thick seams. They are the male equivalent of a burlap bra.
    Hi Eryn, The Burlap Bra may be the next big fashion statement.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

...one of the few advantages of being a CD'er

...is getting to enjoy your underwater. Normal guys and gals don't think about it much. They are just foundation garments that don't get a second thought.

For me, I wear fun things under my drab dress clothes every day. It helps make every day a bit of a treat. For me this is one of the few advantages of being a member of this little community that has otherwise high costs.

It has cost me a first marriage, made a second marriage difficult at times, made my personal life unfulfilling in some ways, caused me some self esteem issues, cost me a lot of money (in clothes) and, in general, made life much harder and more complicated.

I still wonder all of the time why I was saddled with this condition. I waver between thinking of it as a blessing and a curse. It gives me a unique perspective on a lot of things that I rarely get to share with anyone.

My wife is ok with it but doesn't want to talk about it at all. Over the years it has morphed into something closer to DADT, which has an isolating effect. One less thing we can share. One more part of my day that she has no idea about.

So I put on my things and enjoy as best I can. Since I don't get to dress totally, this is all I have and it is very important to me...

To OP, yes I do, I think it does more for me mentally then being fully dressed up, plus dressing fully is a lot of work, and I'm a jeans and a flannel kinda person