Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday I got laughed at

Yesterday I got laughed at

So I'm driving down the road yesterday between thrift stores as Wednesday is my buying day for my Ebay business. I was as usual presenting as my usual self. A fat middle aged white woman. Normally I blend well and rarely get a second look. Not because I believe I pass, as I believe most of us don't. In fact I think few do. I think that most people just don't pay any attention and those that do either accept, are too polite to say anything or just don't give a s&*t. I'm OK with that. It took me a long time to get to that state of mind. I go about my daily grind basically not caring or thinking about all of the above. Until 3:55 pm yesterday when my belief system was shaken off it's foundation in a hurricane Sandy sort of way.

I pulled up to a red light and was aware of movement in the vehicle next to me. Why the F&^% did I look. All I had to do was keep my eyes forward and this entire post would not exist. but no! I had to turn my makeup encrusted fat face to the left and look right into the eyes of two young women laughing hysterically. At first I thought maybe they were laughing about a joke they just heard or something like that. At times like this we all want to believe that it's not about us.
    I looked away hoping I was right, but alas when I looked back a few seconds later they were still laughing and this time pointing right at me. Still trying to salvage what was left of the bricks of my foundation I really wanted to believe they were laughing at the fat lady and not the transsexual. That I can live with. I've always been large and it's something you get used to. No that wasn't it. Why was I blessed with a natural talent for reading lips? When I looked for the last time just before the light changed I clearly saw one of the saying over and over again "tranny" "tranny" "tranny". Just as it was confirmed the light changed and about a block away I turned into my next destination. I went inside and began to shop, but as I walked around it seemed as though everyone was looking at me in "that way". The veil was lifted, like the crew of the Black Pearl in the moonlight everyone was seeing me for what I am. A fat middle aged white man in a fat middle aged white woman's clothes. Some days I just want to throw in the towel.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    You can't fix ignorant or stupid. Not worth worrying over

They're laughing because they accept what others tell them like good little sheep.. so don't worry about it.

I agree that very few of us will ever truly pass but you have the right mindset to be yourself and not care what others think. Kids will be kids, they are a product of their parents who probably do the same stupid crap when faced with anything they don't understand. Their closed minds are a product of society conditioning. I agree with jennifer and Whiterabbit completely.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Don't worry about it. I believe in Karma and some day, somebody will laugh at them.

You got laughed at yesterday, what about a lot of other days when it is easy.
    These things happen and probably not now for a while yet.
    I say, ferget it. I know that is not easy, but.....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    Normally I blend well and rarely get a second look. Not because I believe I pass, as I believe most of us don't. In fact I think few do. I think that most people just don't pay any attention and those that do either accept, are too polite to say anything or just don't give a s&*t. I'm OK with that.
    Hang on to this part of your post since it is part that matters the most and forget the rest. Those two girls are insignificant compared to you. You have been very courageous to get yourself out and about on a regular basis and should continue just the same.

You have to grow a thicker skin than that!!!Let a situation like that roll off like water off a duck's back!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Quote Originally Posted by rogina garter View Post
    You have to grow a thicker skin than that!!!Let a situation like that roll off like water off a duck's back!
    I was a fat kid, a fat teenager, a fat adult and now a fat older person of varying gender. I have been laughed at to my face and behind my back since I was about 5 to be sure. The fact that I am still breathing and not incarcerated is testament to the thickness of my skin.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You should stay strong, though it is hard
    P

Think of all the hundreds maybe thousands of people that you passed by and said nothing but I know it only takes that one or two stupid people to upset your day , it is a price you pay for being a sensitive person , but I know that I would rather be a sensitive person than a stupid one .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I agree with Jennifer , you cannot fix stupid. I also prefer to think of myself as a plus size girl and not the nasty F word. If one looks around there are people of all different sizes and shapes and BTW round is still a shape.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

I have had similiar experences ,but if we let it get to us then they win and they are just narrow minded ,small people .

Banned Read only
    No, it's not right. No, people with common sense or manners don't ridicule others. But...does anyone truthfully believe this type of situation will never occur in society today? If you do, you're only fooling yourself. It's going to happen.
    If you're living your life as you wish to live it, the best case scenario is just go on with your day like you didn't see or hear anything.

Right before christmas I went into a Nordies to buy some Spanx tights. I went early (10:00 AM) so there would not be too many shoppers. The first SA I approached was a temp and needed to call for a more experienced SA. When she came out I explained what I wanted and what size. She had to go into the back to get the size. I was feeling good about shopping, although in drab, obviously for me. I paid the bill and the SA came around the checkout counter as the Nordy SAs do and handed me my purchase, and I walked off.

Then I heard the little giggles coming from where I just left. Oh well! Like Paulette said: "You can't fix stupid", or of being inconsiderate of our money!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Welllllll you know if you dismiss the whole degradation of it -- you were made ! it's not a secret. I would have smiled at them and blew them a kiss - roll down your window and tell them being a girl is fun. It was an isolated incident with two young (teenage) women, laugh with them = no problem..................................Debra

ps don't let it get you down - it's not worth it
    Last edited by Debra Russell; 01-10-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Hi Michelle, You can't change what others may think, and as they say, you can't fix stupid. Don't worry about those girls, and focus on yourself. Do what makes you happy, and all will be good. I believe in karma, and so those girls will need to do a little soul searching and I bet they will eventually regret their pasts. Steph
    Stephanie

Silver Member
    Sorry it happened and made you feel bad - but let it go. As most others have already said, you seem to blend and this is a rare incident. Stupid is as stupid does - they are stupid.

Hi Michelle.I'm really sorry you had to go through that,it must have been really horrible.Some people are just ignorant a-holes.They get their kicks by trying to make other people feel small.They'll learn a hard lesson one day.I take my hat off to you that you are brave enough to go out ( actually I take my hat off to all those here that go out dressed) as this is something I cant ever see myself doing.I hope it hasn't put you off being who you want to be.Take care.
    Plucked her eyebrows on the way Shaved her legs and then he was a she
    Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side - Lou Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    Welllllll you know if you dismiss the whole degradation of it -- you were made ! it's not a secret. I would have smiled at them and blew them a kiss - roll down your window and tell them being a girl is fun. It was an isoladed incident with two young (teenage) women, laugh with them = no problem..................................Debra

ps don't let it get you down - it's not worth it
    Yes I agree. Next time you'll be ready with a good response like the one up above. You could also laugh and point back at them or any other number of sarcastic gestures. Have fun with it! The ability to laugh at one's self can change everything. Of course you could stick to your original plan and keep looking straight ahead thus ignoring them.

Hi, Michelle! People are funny, you never know with them. But it's not impossible: some day, perhaps 20-30 years from now when they're older and have seen more of life's nastiness and had some of it aimed at them, they may recall how they treated you and be truly mortified at the way they behaved. That sort of thing does happen.

Perhaps they won't. In that case, they're simply beyond redemption and there's no point in worrying about them. "As you judge, so shall you be judged." And they were judging themselves pretty harshly.

Best wishes, Annabelle

I'm sorry, Michelle. What an unfeeling, inconsiderate, ignorant, and immature thing to do. If they were my daughters I'd make them feel ashamed of their behavior.
    Reine

It seems that in this day and age many people have forgotten common courtesy. There are no more manners, there is mostly selfishness. People only thinking of themselves and everyone else is just an object not a real thinking, feeling person. It is sad. These girls are the kind to make fun of anything different, they would likely laugh at a small person, an amputee, or even someone with a learning disability, or someone with a different accent. They would laugh and ridicule and feel good about it. When it comes down to it you have to wonder what kind of contribution they make to society? Is this the kind of person who would go into medicine and care for the ill, or go into social work and care for the poor, or are they selfish spoiled young people who expect Mom and Dad to pay for all their wishes. They likely are more pitiful than mean. You should feel sorry for someone like that. It may be they will grow out of it and become honest decent people but many don't.

Is this the same kind of people who go to a store and park their shopping cart in the middle of an aisle and stand between it and the shelves, and do not move when someone else is trying to go by...and even gives a look of aggravation because you said excuse me, just to get by them? You know it didn't used to be this way.
    Last edited by Angela Campbell; 01-10-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Well, they're just not very evolved that's all. I remember many years ago, I was playing bass at this coffee shop and I looked up and saw a bunch of women smoking pipes and sitting closely with other women out in the foyer. At first, it shocked me and made me really nervous. Then I started laughing. Of course, I had the sense to look down and stifle it because I don't think it's my place to point and laugh but the feeling was there. I had to remind myself that I was a terrified cross dresser who had never told anyone and at that moment realized that they were in the same place as I was. Still, it took me a while to come to terms with transmen because it seemed absurd to me at the time.

Fast forward many years and I made a point out of being respectful regarding gender issues but there are a lot of people who've never faced this sort of thing and they just are frightened because it's so foreign to them.

So, as with many things, it really says more about where they're at than anything wrong with you. They need to learn what tolerance really means. Thank goodness Rosa Parks had the brass to sit in the front of the bus or we'd all still be in a world of suffering. I also think we're entering into a new era of intolerance in some ways as people don't seem to get this concept without legal teeth behind it at times.

We lived in a messed up world, that's all.

On the bright side, you may be the person that first opened their eyes to gender identity issues and they may meet someone while they're talking about it who helps them understand diversity more. After all, we were all silly and foolish at one time, right?

Cassy
    Last edited by CassandraSmith; 01-10-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Crap !!

They caught you off guard ? Or you were Slipping ? Or I just can't put my fngure on it?

Because as long as you have been doing this you missed your Shot !
    I will BET YOU one thing if that would have been me an they were laughing Like that I would have Blew them a KISS ,,, An the rolled the window down an Started yelling ,,,
    Come Back ,,, Come Back ,,,,
    Those Little Boyz would have had a Heart attack !!!

TRANNY gone WILD !!!!!!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,