Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yesterday I got laughed at

The last time I got laughed and pointed at (at a stop light) I was wearing a cowboy hat. Just kids...

i dont think there is anything i can say that would help you feel better, im sorry that this you had to go through this. they are just terrible

I am so sorry this happened to you sweet pea.
    Please don't take it to heart.

You said:
    ....."Not because I believe I pass, as I believe most of us don't. In fact I think few do. I think that most people just don't pay any attention and those that do either accept, are too polite to say anything or just don't give a s&*t."

This kind of level headed thinking just shows how balanced and well adjusted you are.

Remember this...
    You is kind, You is Smart and You is Important.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Like everybody said dont let it get you down. A lot of young people today are small minded and they make fun at anything. I spent my childhood being made fun of because we were poor. But I prevailed
    Years ago I was in a trift store and when I paid for my purchase the said have a nice day mam. And the woman behind me chuckle.
    I turned and look at her and in my male voiced asked her. ( did the clerk say somthing funny? I musted of missed it. Can you please repeat what she said I would not want to leave here thing I missed a good joke) the people behind her looked away and she turned red and never said a word.
    I never let it get me down. It was like water on a ducks back.
    You are who you are. Walk with pride and never back down. You have people on here that will always be here to offer you support and help when you need it.

Just my thoughts.

Later
    Jules
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    Annabelle, what a beautiful, thoughtful, measured response. You have actually helped me in my world. Thank you for that!
    Thanks, Amanda, and you're welcome.

Banned Read only
    Sorry you had to go through that. Sometimes people just suck!

I'm sorry that happened, but appreciate you taking the time to tell us. Thank you for being Michelle!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Hi Michelle, I'm sorry you had to experience that degree of ignorance. I have not read all of the replies so apologise if I am repeating advice better expressed elsewhere.

I know from very recent experience that no matter how thick a skin you may develop, it only takes one inconsiderate remark or gesture to cause immense pain. Please do believe and understand that you are much better than the ridicule to which you were exposed. You are also a valued member of these forums and I am glad that we can be here for you at times like this.

I'm sorry though, I must challenge one thing that you said
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    The veil was lifted, like the crew of the Black Pearl in the moonlight everyone was seeing me for what I am. A fat middle aged white man in a fat middle aged white woman's clothes.
    You are ABSOLUTELY NOT a man in a woman's clothes - you are a woman who has a birth defect that resulted in years of poison seeping into your body. At least now you are getting support to try to overcome the ravages of that poison (testosterone).

Please also try to remember the family motto: Nils Illegitimus Carborundum (Don't let the Bar Stewards grind you down) - you are worth so much more
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

It wouldn't have bothered me in the least. Just bear in mind that at the genetic level humans are 98.5% identical to chimpanzees. And then some people are even closer.....

Very sorry to hear about your experience.

I have been laughed at in public although I NEVER go out dressed. I deal with severe plaque psoriasis. Most people try to be polite and merely stare. About once a month I get laughed at or hear some insult behind my back. As much as I try to ignore those who are truly ignorant, it can be d@mn difficult to do and it does cut like a knife from time to time.

"T" people didn't ask to be wired they way they are and no one with psoriasis asks for that condition either. People who laught at us are, in essence, blaming us for something we are -- not for something we chose. It is the height of ignorance.

Well said, Laura!

I didn't know anything about plaque psoriasis, but I just googled it. It boggles the mind how anyone could laugh at something like that. I think it's worse than ignorance. I'd call it "sickness" myself.

Best wishes, Annabelle

I think if you are a man and go out dressed as a woman you have to expect that. If you are passable then maybe not. I have only cross dressed in public a couple times at a bar where that was common

Some people have a need to ridicule others in an attempt to make themselves feel superior. It's only because they are insecure to begin with. Be strong; we are the better people.

Remember the line from "Rent", when they are talking about Angel, and one said a guy hassled Angel. Angel responded that she was twice the man he (hassler) would ever be, and twice the woman he could ever get. By our nature, we are twice the person anyone else could be!

Leah