Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New crowning jewel :)

New crowning jewel :)

For a good length of time after coming out to my wife, I refused to get a wig. I don't know why, but it just seemed weird to me. I was happy with just the clothes and clomping around the house. (Though - I also avoided mirrors, as I did NOT like seeing "a guy in a dress" looking back).

~2 years ago or so, she finally convinced me to go get a wig. We hit up a local TG specialty shop and picked one out. As *soon* as I put it on - BAM - Laura was born. I couldn't believe how much of a difference hair made! From that moment on, I HAD to wear it whenever I put any fem clothes on.

After seeing some of Becky's posts, my wife and I got to talking about a new wig. My current one is getting a little beat up. It's a decent wig (not like a costume shop one or anything) but the fibers are plastic and it seems once they get knotted, they kink, and it's getting harder and harder to keep it looking nice. We played around with a bunch of hairstyles on LadiesHomeJournal.com (you can upload your picture and scroll through hundreds of choices) before deciding on a new style.

So today, had a little time, and we decided to run back over to the same TG shop to see what she had. Tried on a few before falling in love with this one. It's longer, it has bangs, just a gentle curl on the ends. I think it looks really cute, very natural, and my wife says it looks a lot more feminine. The fibers are still synthetic but feel SO much nicer. A lot softer, heavier, and lays a lot nicer. Been wearing it since we bought it this afternoon and I can't stop playing with it! On the way over to the shop, I was nervous and self-conscious (even though I was all done up and wearing my old wig). Walking out of there, I didn't want to go home - I wanted to go out and show it off! I am amazed how much impact the right wig can have!

Whaddya think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LauraBird; 01-10-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Looks great!
    Di

Indeed, hair can make all the difference between looking feminine and not. I have long hair myself, so I don't need wigs, one of the advantages of being a fan of Metal. But wigs certainly are useful for when you don't have that luxury!

I think you look pretty good, by the way. Good job with that!

Where did you buy the wig, up in Arlington heights at Rory's ? Are you a Chicagoland tgirl ? It's a great group.

Wow! Looks great! Congrat's on your new brunette. I'll be looking for you in the shops.

Kathleen Ann

Wow! That's great that your wife moved you to a wig. it is the next step for me. Wig and makeup. waiting for the right time.
    regent,

Banned Read only
    I feel much the same way. When I dress, it's all or none now. Of course the freedom of being out helps in being able to make that decision. The wig, more than the forms is the real crossover point from dabbling to serious.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]There's an amazing transition when the hair goes on. I do my makeup first in my lingerie and heels and then finish it off with my wig. I'm still a guy with a painted face until the hair goes! Then wow, Lynn shows up and isn't she cute! A dress or skirt and blouse and a few accessories makes her complete and ready for the world. I love being a crossdresser![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by dana 1 View Post
    Where did you buy the wig, up in Arlington heights at Rory's ? Are you a Chicagoland tgirl ? It's a great group.
    Yes got it from Rori's. She has a pretty great wig selection.

I've only been to one of her events, and that was just this past Halloween. Every time I've gone in there she's made sure to invite me to the monthly T-parties... so far, I always seem to remember it AFTER it happens. I might try to make next week's... all depends on how work (and the wife+child) shake out. I have a LOOOONG commute and have to leave the office pretty early if I want to be able to get home, change, do makeup, and get there before it ends - and that also means that my wife will have to go out with the kiddo for a while so that I can change and leave! It's a lot to coordinate.

Quote Originally Posted by marny View Post
    Wow! That's great that your wife moved you to a wig. it is the next step for me. Wig and makeup. waiting for the right time.
    Yes it's a pretty strange transformation. I'm generally pretty "manly" but the first time I saw myself in the mirror with the wig and full makeup (wife did it for me and wouldn't let me see until she was done), I teared up.... I didn't recognize myself.

Thanks to everybody for the compliments so far! Laura is a happy girl right now!

LauraBird,
    You go girl ! Lovely & alluring.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

You look great!!!!!

I agree with the others. Not having the hair limits the experience. I have a dozen or so wigs, and I'm just as nutty with shoes. You look great!!

BTW: The best part of your experience most certainly is a supportive wife. Hug her often!!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Fabulous! That wig so suits you. The right wig can really make or break a look, and I think I've finally found the right ones for me. Keep those pics coming!

Looking good girl.... however for me that first 'hair' wasn't enough... They're cheap enough to wear often and toss or spend some time on them to defriz and whatnot... I just counted, I think I'm up to 10 or more....

Thanks for sharing.....

Renne.....

Banned Read only
    Excuse me Laura, but you DO NOT look manly in those photos; you look great!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    There's an amazing transition when the hair goes on. I do my makeup first in my lingerie and heels and then finish it off with my wig. I'm still a guy with a painted face until the hair goes! Then wow, Lynn shows up and isn't she cute! A dress or skirt and blouse and a few accessories makes her complete and ready for the world. I love being a crossdresser!
    Just for fun, Lynn, I tried dressing in your sequence tonight. I put all my lingerie on, including my forms, then did my makeup, then popped off my ponytail holder and brushed my hair into shape. It worked! That's when Amy truly showed up in the mirror. What's more, just then, Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" came on on my Pandora station, and I was practically dancing while finishing brushing out my hair and getting the rest of my clothes on! It felt wonderful! Just remembering it, sitting here all dressed up, is making me smile and feel very girly.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

The wig looks great on you! Very femm, and I think it's a good color choice for you. I am naturally dark haired, but have always gone for blond wigs, mostly b/c that's what I started with at Halloween time one year. But I'm more and more tempted to try my natural color.

You have one incredible wife. Make sure she knows that.

Platinum Member
    the new wig looks really great. And I want to convey my appreciation to your wife for her supportive and encouraging attitude!

One observation - its true that a wig can be transformative in and of itself. I had forms and shapers but held off on the wig for a while...but once I got it, I genuinely felt complete...and I saw a woman in the mirror rather than a guy in drag.

For me, putting on my wig after having done my makeup, etc. is the finishing touch to my feminine image.
    Hugs, Carole

What is a nice feeling is to buy a wig from an ordinary wig shop. When I brought my current wig my wife came with me but I had to try it on in boy mode as my wife does not come out with Maria.

Maria

A new wig really has a psychological effect on me.
    It does make me feel more secure going out than if I was wearing an ok one.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Looks great Laura! A woman's hair is her glory.

You look beautiful Laura! The wig really does change it all, followed by the eye makeup in my opinion.

Good for you and what a wonderful wife you have!

And I love your name too...
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

Good choice, Laura. Ticks all the boxes for your face and in general for most feminising styles.
    love

Cat