Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Tough Interaction

Quote Originally Posted by VickysBFF View Post
    Kim: I do have some sympathy and can relate somewhat. I was ostracized and eventually fired from my job simply for expressing some feminine tendencies ( growing my hair, occasionally painting my nails, although I never fully dressed in public).
    Are you sure that you were not fired for other reasons such as performance? It is hard to believe that an employer would fire a productive employee over something so trivial. What type of industry were you working in at the time?
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    That depends on what type of work you do. If you mow lawns, paint houses, or work in a factory, your off time is pretty much yours to do what you want as long as you don'r get arrested or get your photo on the 6 o'clock news.

Move up to where you are the boss or a doctor, lawyer, school teacher, preacher, politician, etc. and that's no longer the case. The point was made above about alienating your customer base. It's a good point.

You can whine and cry about it all you want, but it's reality. Reality can be tough sometimes.
    What you do in your time off work is your own business. I worked for a mid-sized corporation (1000 employees) and the CEO was a member of a nudist colony on weekends and didn't attempt to hide or deny that fact. Being a member of a nudist colony or crossdressing is not illegal. When you are not at work if you give folks power over your life then you have essentially sold your soul. The reason that gays and lesbians have made so much progress is the fact they they stood-up and proudly proclaimed who they are! They did not allow folks to push them back into the closet. Remember Marv Albert, Anderson Cooper? They created a lot of talk initially and now it is a non-issue, especially marv's crossdressing. If you cower in the closet then you have successfully confined yourself to a self-made prison to which there is no escape.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Sounds like 'he' may have TG leanings 'himself' and afraid to admit it or explore it. Ask yourself, why else would she be...err...excuse me, HE be so intense about it? Hmm? I really dunno. Just sayin...

And, my sympathies, Litangel. Sorry you have to endure such unnecessary unpleasantness. Be well girl

No, my performance record was fine with positive reviews. I'd rather not say what industry it was because it's not really relevant to the discussion other than to say that it was an office environment where we had no contact with the public. It was an unsettling culture clash having to deal with co-workers who did not accept me at all, not only because of any gender issues but because I did not agree with their political, religious and social leanings.