Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O.K. - this might sound morbid, but...

O.K. - this might sound morbid, but...

...given the demographics of this forum where a lot of our members seem to be in the 50+ age bracket and we have fewer years ahead of us than behind us, the thought occurs:

"Given the opportunity and under the right circumstances, would you prefer to be buried en femme as your female persona, or follow conventional practices and be dispatched to the Great Beyond as your male self?"

Granted, a lot depends on the degree to which a person was already "out" in real life, and it may not be the best time to spring this "surprise" on unknowing family and friends, even if it is too late for personal consequences.

Still, the thought is intriguing, and part of me (the pink fog part ) is really starting to think seriously about this...

Without a doubt ,I WILL exit as a woman .....and yes ,I'll be dressed to the nines !
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

I would go to a funeral en femme if I had someone that knew me as Luna and Luna only. As for being buried en femme it is yet to be thought about.

Not me, I told them to put me in a hefty sack at the corner of the lawn.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Not an issue for me. My instructions are the same as my wife's were; cremation and no viewing of the body.

I will be buried in my favorite skirt suit and my academic regalia

Any spare parts will go for organ donation with cremation for the rest. Clothes to Goodwill. Why burn up a nice dress?

I know how I would prefer to be burried, but that will be up to my wife when the time comes.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    At this point I feel that it would be a betrayal of me to bury me in male clothes. Just like it would be a betrayal to bury me in the "family plot", as I am not a member of the only religion accepted in that cemetery.

Sheesh...another reminder of getting old!

I'll be a crispy critter so I'm not too concerned what I'll be wearing. If I'm still not out to family by then a picture of my guy self (but when younger) will be fine with me.

I've given my wife specific instructions. I will be burried as a woman, hair done, full make up, nails painted, my favorite skirt suit and blouse with my black strappy heels. This way if I never get up the nerve to go out enfemme, I'll finnaly do it.

I have just recently thought about this. I think they can dress me anyway they want as long as I have on my favorite undies.
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

I'm going for cremation. I guess after a viewing clothes could be changed but just to burn I don't think so.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post

"
    Granted, a lot depends on the degree to which a person was already "out" in real life, and it may not be the best time to spring this "surprise" on unknowing family and friends, even if it is too late for personal consequences.
    And, what makes you think there cannot be any personal consequences. Instead of your favorite suit or evening gown you may find yourself donning some hideous sack cloth dress; granny panties instead of cute Victoria Secret lacy panties; granny shoes instead of five inch patent leather heels; torn hosiery; a rat's nest looking wig.....

Just think of making it to the Pearly Gates dressed like that.

I want to be turned into a skeleton and given to a school somewhere that needs one.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Not an issue with me, I'm going to be scattered at sea over the reef program I ran for years.

I think much of it has to do with what you believe will happen after physical death. For myself, it matters little what they do with the remains as I believe it's just a transition and I also believe what lies beyond for me is of feminine energy character. What I'm doing now is more or less "practice"
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    It depends, whats the ash capacity of a pair of Manolo Blahnik's ?

manolo-blahnik1.jpg
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Good thread. The more unusual the topic, the better, IMO. Yes, I'd definitely be buried in a dress.

Dreams versus reality, "live in hope but die in dispair". It's okay to hope that you will be buried or cremated in clothing that you are wearing now but how and where do people really die? Perhaps in a gory car accident, or wearing a hospital gown with an IV in your arm, or maybe at home in your 80s (like me) or 90s with family at your bedside, or in an institution catering to dementia. Will you then have a loved one available to carry out your wishes? Maybe or maybe not. For me, even though I could pick a family plot which is too crowded for me with centuries of family buried, or with my cousin who no longer remembers me since Alzheimer's kicked in, it will be a plot I selected on a hill in Washington state with mountains behind me and an ocean below (Silly isn't it?). Alone after a half century only a "missing plane formation" above and taps by my side will wish me godspeed. How I would be dressed doesn't matter since my casket will already be closed for the 3000 mile trip west. To each his own.
    Julie

Personally, I want to be scattered out of an airplane. Not cremated, mind you, just scattered.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeDeBris View Post
    Personally, I want to be scattered out of an airplane. Not cremated, mind you, just scattered.
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Catherine View Post
    I want to be turned into a skeleton and given to a school somewhere that needs one.
    As if the schools don't have enough skeletons in their closets already.

Seeing as I am out and have been for years, I know I will be buried as a female.

Personally I really don't care, I'll be dead so what do I care.
    That said I guess I'd prefer to be dressed but at least let me underdressed at least.

Silver Member
    Donate the carcus for me. I believe in recycling.