Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel naked without your pantyhose?

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Being a 50's sort of girl, pantyhose haven't been invented yet. When I dress, it's pretty much only skirts and dresses so stockings are fully appropriate and even necessary. Even in jeans I'll wear knee highs with my heels. Always wear heels, don't own anything else.[/SIZE]

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    To answer the original question...

My name should be CassandraPantyhoseNut instead. I like them on women too and when GF's have worn them to bed in the past, it's always been a great night!
    Last edited by CassandraSmith; 01-15-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Put me in the yes column, I'm one of the ones that keeps the pantyhose industry going.

Gold Member
    Nah. First, I like variety in my outfits. Some outfits aren't right with hose. Some outfits are dressier and hose is not only appropriate but are almost necessary. Outside of the dressier outfits, there are ones that really are right with hose, leggings or tights and then there are the majority (for me) that require none of the above. I also overheat easily, so when the temperature is going to be on the hot side for me, the outfit is chosen that will be appropriate with bare legs.

thanks for the post harley47. I too miss the Silk Reflections waist smoother pantyhose by Hanes. Why in hell did they discontinue them anyways when they
    knew damn well that for crossdressers they were the pantyhose of choice? (at least this crossdresser anyway lol) For the last several years I cannot
    get dressed enfemme or even consider myself dressed if I don't have on a pair of pantyhose.......rain or shine, winter, fall, spring or summer.....dana

I prefer bare legs. I ararely wear pantyhose. They are reserved for special occasions or special outfits. If I want sexy, it isn't pantyhose but thigh high stockings. Also wearing thigh highs if I get a run I only need to change one
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Yes I feel naked without pantyhose if I have nothing on..and I know "wrong answer!".

I wear a garter belt and stockings probably 95% of the time when I go out. I have some pantyhose around but only wear them with a short skirt when I can't eliminate the "garter gap" any other way. In recent months I've gotten into leggings and capris a bit (must be the cold) and occasionally wear those as an alternate look, but in any case, my legs are always covered, even if transparently. I think it improves the tone of my pasty-white skin, and I love the sensation.

However, I don't wear hosiery around the house when I'm not intending to go out.

- Diane

I'm another girl who wears her pantyhose 24/7 except in the hottest of weather or when I need to wear shorts in guy mode.

As I posted here a week or so ago, my favorite brand for years has been JCP's Sheer Caress Sheerest Support in Queen Tall. But as part of Penney's nose dive into bankruptcy they've stopped selling them. I'm still looking for a good replacement brand.

Certainly not. I also wear tights!

Put me in the no column. I love pantyhose when they work well with the outfit and shoes, especially jet black hose. but wearing them with a sundress or with open toe or strappy heels looks awful ATMO! ; P

This summer was only the second time shaving my legs and it happened that we had some alone time at our summer cabin so they also were tanned. On one occasion I was all dressed and I was walking to my night table to get a pair of pantyhose and I passed the mirror and my legs looked pretty good so I decided to stay without them, and what a totally new feeling it was, when walking and sitting it felt so new, so free, you could feel every move your legs were making. But I do love wearing pantyhose much more.

I don't feel naked, but I will say that when I am not wearing them, I think almost constantly that I want to! One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't feel right to wear them if I have not shaved my legs or used Nair. This will pose a dilemma come Spring; I have promised my wife I will let my leg hair grow again. Having been smooth since mid-Dec that will be a let-down. Maybe I will take a hiatus and after being hairy for 6 months it will be a delicious novelty again.

I know many folks here swear by Hanes Silk Reflections, but plain old L'eggs Sheer Energy are growing on me for the combination of slick leg on leg feel (and leg on wife's leg feel), comfort, durability, and price.

BTW, "Off Black" is my favorite color. Hides imperfections better than Nude, but looks sheerer than Jet Black, and classier than Suntan.

Another yes here! I sleep in a t-shirt and pantyhose every night and never feel fully dressed without them.

So do I, and when not wearing panties or a bra either.
    What does not kill us makes us stronger !

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    This was a simple question to the members, it wasn't set up to be a contest. There are no winners or losers.
    True, but when all is said and done, it's rare to get a string of comments on a subject such as this like what we see coming out of the gate on this one.

It basically comes down to preference. Some women prefer them where some do not. Some CDs prefer them where some do not. I wouldn't call it being a slave to a garment. If I did then one could also say a woman who wears lipstick all the time is a slave or who combs her hair is a slave to a comb. I think "slave" is a bad choice of a word but it could just be me
    Simply an observation coming from a realist POV. Very few women in the real world are as obsessive about a garment as many in these pages can be when it comes to their hosiery. And that is all good and fine but my point has to do with the limitations that come about from being overly attached to one particular garment.

Actually, up to your post, in this thread, no one tried to "extrapolate a fetish onto women in general". Everyone stated whether they liked pantyhose or disliked them and elaborated a little for either or. Your the first to mention this. Even having a pantyhose fetish wasn't mentioned until you mentioned it. For some it may be a fetish but as discussed here many many times over, each girl has her own needs, what they get out of this, and their own style of dress. Right or wrong is based upon ones own choices and how they feel about it.
    Ummm...

Quote Originally Posted by harley47 View Post
    I don't understand why women complain about uncomfortable pantyhose.
    Because some women just don't like wearing them. Because some women simply find them uncomfortable. Because after several hours they can just get really old. Why do you think most women out there take off their hosiery the second they walk in the front door (and some will do so in the car when they are leaving the office)?

But yes, perhaps fetish was a bit extreme. However, obsessiveness is not. It rarely fails when someone has to wonder out loud why natal females just don't "get" pantyhose like many in our community do. That is what I don't "get". Women simply have a choice when it comes to what they wear and you just don't see women obsessing over hosiery in ways even remotely close to what is expressed here. I guess the closest thing would be a woman who gets obsessive about shoes but that is usually from a stylistic POV, something that is not shared with an obsessiveness over hosiery.

What I don't get is why you waste so much negativity in almost every pantyhose thread in the forum. I understand your anti pantyhose, that's great, that's your choice but why deny others of a decent conversation about an aspect of dressing that they enjoy? Why lump everyone into a category such as fetish because pantyhose completes an outfit for them? or even all of their outfits.
    Please, lighten up. You clearly don't see that I'm half-serious and half-pushing buttons not unlike those who constantly deride wearing jeans. And if you have read a word or two of mine on this subject as you claim, you know I'm all good with hosiery and even wear it a time or two (betrayed by my avatar).

I don't "get" a few things that I mentioned originally and I'll stand by those. I will take back the fetish thing though, for now at least.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

For me pantyhose used to be a pre-requisite, but for the last few years I actually prefer going bare legged, especially in the summer. During the fall and winter I will go with tights, assuming it compliments my outfit and they are practical.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    EVEN THOUGH i WEAR PANTYHOSE AND SOMETIMES NOT i REALLY FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE WITHOUT PANTYHOSE ON.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

What I don't get is why you waste so much negativity in almost every pantyhose thread in the forum. I understand your anti pantyhose, that's great, that's your choice but why deny others of a decent conversation about an aspect of dressing that they enjoy? Why lump everyone into a category such as fetish because pantyhose completes an outfit for them? or even all of their outfits.
    ^ Bingo! I've noticed this trend, too. ^

To respond to the original question...I do somewhat feel 'naked' without pantyhose, since I try to wear them 24/7 as much as I can. However, living in Phoenix and it's >100 degree days from May thru September, I can't really wear them anywhere but work. I will put a pair on before I go to bed, then wear those to work the next day. But once I get home the following afternoon, I just wear shorts without hose, mostly because I still have my kids living at home. Repeat the cycle until it gets cooler at night...then I can wear them 24/7 again under my sweats (mid-November thru early March).

My wife thinks I'm nuts for wearing them at all, but even more so for wearing them under my jeans/slacks during the summer heat. Honestly I'm so used to them that I don't think twice about whether or not to wear them. I want to wear them and that's all I need.
    Last edited by SandraInHose; 01-15-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    If that's all I'm wearing, then yes, I feel naked without my pantyhouse:-)

I prefer bare skin...

Platinum Member
    Hi Hrley, I'm not 24/7 but I sure love the feel of my leg energy control top pantyhose
    either dressed or endrab.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Definitely Pantyhose are a must for me.just love the feel of the silkness on my legs.makes me feel so feminine

I wear them year round, feel compleatly naked without them on. So a big yes for me...

I have to wear them ,not that I mind ,but my legs are covered in spider veins,I only wear them with a skirt or a dress ,if I wear jeans they stay off .

Well,, I am a fan, but I'm not so far hooked that I wear them under jeans and such. However, I have a ting where Ican't go barefoot in a shoe, I don't know why, I just can't do it. So if it's a pants day, pending on the rest of the outfit, it could be kneehighs or trouser sox, but I als have a selection of cute cotton sox to.