Thread: Scratching Your Face (or How I Finally Decided to Ask a Question Long on my Mind)

On Hiatus

Scratching Your Face (or How I Finally Decided to Ask a Question Long on my Mind)

So. . .

I'm dressed, I can't sleep, it's late, whatever, but . . . now my face itches. (Good Lord, I left that sentence unfinished all this time xD)

Whatever, whatever will happen to all of this makeup I've so carefully applied?

Do I simply need better makeup? A wig which sways less toward the front? Is there a secret method by which I can innocuously scratch my face without disrupting the visage?!

I refuse to believe I'm the only one who has ever thought about this xD

Thoughts?
    Last edited by SarahMarie42; 01-14-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

You can scratch without movement. Just apply light pressure against the itchy spot and it will calm the itch.

On Hiatus
    I tend to alleviate the itch by attempting to focus on a square, upon which I superimpose another square, and another square, and another, etc. -- until I'm too preoccupied to remember that my face itches. I think I like your idea better, though.

I too use the pressure for the relief of an itch! It seems to work well in ''other'' places besides the face!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Why do you think women go to the powder room to freshen up so much? And how about wearing makeup when you have a cold? You just need to fix what ever you muss up....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I go and hide in the lady's powder room if I am appropriately dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If you are concerned about scratching your foundation off, then try it at home to see how much damage you can do. It may not be the chink in your armor that you perceive. Even if it is, patching it up should be easy enough. Bring a small repair kit in your purse. Then use the ladies room or your car for privacy.

I really don't see many women in the public restrooms powdering up and primping. They just do their business, wash their hands, and quickly walk out.

On Hiatus
    Karren: Well, of course retouching is always an option, and that's usually how I handle it, but I prefer to minimize the disruption and ultimately save myself both a significant amount of reparative effort and a perhaps negligible (but maybe not) amount of money by doing so.

Teresa L: The damage isn't usually too bad, but I'm afraid that if I scratch in different locations, I will disrupt my blending slightly. I'm probably over-concerned

Laura and Cynthia: I think applying pressure is the best option, and I believe I'll do that from now on -- instead of trying to scratch within a very limited area x[

Silver Member
    After you apply and powder your foundation, try "stay spray"; your foundation shouldn't rub off when you itch (gently.)

Great. Now my face itches. LOL!
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

On Hiatus
    Aw! Sorry Catherine! xD

Edit: "stay spray"? That sounds great. I will definitely look into that. Thank you, Vickie :]

When I get an itchy spot under my makeup, rather than scratching, I just tap it firmly a few times with the flat of my fingertip. It's not as satisfying as really diggin' the old nails in, but usually makes the itch go away. This is kind of similar to pressing your finger up under your nose to stop a sneeze coming on.

As I gain more experience with it, I also find that a coat of makeup is not really as fragile as I assumed at first. It can survive quite a few hours and a bit of rough treatment before you'll sense the need to retouch. I do like carrying a little folding makeup mirror in my purse mostly so I can make a feminine show out of snapping it open at the dinner table to check the condition of my face.

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I went to sleep with all my makeup on, ONCE! Never again, tho! It was hard as fibreglass by morning!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    Thats is why they call small bathrooms "Power Rooms"
    And why Girls carry power in their purse. It is all part of the game.
    Rader

I don't know, I just scratch my face and hope for the best.
    11/15/12 ride or die

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Two thoughts; use less foundation, and a setting spray. With too much foundation, your pores will be clogged, and when you itch, you will 'gouge' furrows through it. As for setting spray, my favorite is All-Nighter from Urban Decay.

Kathi

I just use a toothpick and scratch gently. I haven't messed the makeup and the itch goes away.