Thread: One door closes...

One door closes...

This morning I decided to haul some winter clothes into the guest bedroom closet, and bring out spring/summer. Took advantage of the time to sort out some of the hate it/doesn't fit/what was I thinking stuff. When all was said and done my last remaining guy stuff was left on the bed. Some jeans, and some ratty polo shirts. My first thought was-save them for dirty jobs around the house. My next thought- I have some older girl jeans, and tees, perfect for lawnmowing.

Dropped them into the trash bag. After 54 years, it was like closing a chapter on my life.

Sounds like you're still writing the fun chapters eh?
    :P

Though I'd have turned the manclothes into rags or something, you can never have enough rags.

I hear you loud and clear! I closed that door about two years ago! Now I have plenty of space for my dresses and tops!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

An interesting step.
    One that many will go through one day.
    I own a couple of pairs of mens trousers an shirts for work.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congrats to you.

I have slowly been weeding my guy clothes into the trash.
    My supply is pretty low now, Mostly dresses skirts and tops hanging in my closet now.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

That's an amazing step to take, I'm sure. Left me wondering if that's all the man stuff you had left, did you get there in your mind quite some time ago and this was just the physical step?

BTW, I don't see my self doing that. Am happy with a pump on one foot and a hunting boot on the other. Dress Barn and Men's Wearhouse get equal business from me, thus my clothes closet reflects a certain kind of duality -- or, from my wife's joking perspective, a certain kind of confusion

Enjoy.

Remarkable moment. Now you're totally free of that old baggage.

That's so cool. I wish I was able to be there, but i'll survive with where I am now. Congrats. But this gets me to thinking something about the male/female looks of clothes:

And i found this to be a little odd- after years and years of rather feminine outfits (and keep in mind I am not a full time crossdresser), i actually started liking female clothes which have somewhat of a man-tailored look- pantsuits obviously (not so much the Hillary Clinton type), Ralph Lauren, etc. They were definitely of a feminine cut and fitting, but grey wool- like a man's suit, somehow looks all the more feminine when worn by a girl.

Now I know this is much harder for us to pull off, since our body shapes are typically more masculine than feminine, but does this hold any interest for you, or anyone else reading? I can only pull this off (to my liking) when i am otherwise fully dressed: full wig, usually hip and butt pads, everything else. Fortunately, i have rather slim arms and hands to help the look, but I would immediately agree that if you are not putting forth your best female under-image, the look can come off 'confused' and not very flattering.

I mention this, because my wife manages to wear a few of my guy clothes quite cute- and i try to capture the look too- not easily done. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    That's an amazing step to take, I'm sure. Left me wondering if that's all the man stuff you had left, did you get there in your mind quite some time ago and this was just the physical step?

Enjoy.
    Both. I was saving some guy stuff because my redneck father in law is the only person I'm not out to, at my wife's request. However, last time I saw him, I just slicked back my hair, and took off my nailpolish. I don't see him often anyway. After Sept. 5 I'll have breasts, so one way or the other, the cat will be out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post

BTW, I don't see my self doing that. Am happy with a pump on one foot and a hunting boot on the other. Dress Barn and Men's Wearhouse get equal business from me, thus my clothes closet reflects a certain kind of duality -- or, from my wife's joking perspective, a certain kind of confusion

Enjoy.
    I agree with this and Misstee. I have been coming to terms with all of my dressing and such, and really starting to enjoy this but there's still my drab side and I enjoy that side (if you want to call it that) just as much. I could never get rid of all my male clothes. I admit that I should do some spring cleaning on both sides of the closet and donate them though as most of what I don't like/wear are relatively new and I'd rather have the space .
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Congratulations! I look forward to the day I get rid of the last bit of my man stuff. Right now it's tucked away in one tiny corner of my closet, and still taking up too much space.

CynthiaD- For a long time my thought was I just may need it, but that same logic says that I'm still not positive, and I could still turn back.
    Even tho' I could replace my male stuff, the act of throwing it out was more important. Are you keeping that box of drab because you're having doubts? Sounds like you're not wearing it, but still need to hold on. Good luck.