Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Online Presence

Your Online Presence

I realized last night that a huge part of my... girl persona is online. Facebook, skype, kik, tumblr to mention but a few.... And I can't think what my lady life would be like without it as it is the only way that I have contact with people who are not judgmental and appreciate my lifestyle.

I know there are a few ladies who love chatting on chatroulette and who use instagram and flicker, some even upload their videos to tube sites.

Is being online an influence on your life? And what applications/websites make part of your cross dressing lifestyle?

Love
    Ash

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I've started working on more of this. The first step was getting "Amy" her own E-mail address, instead of using a "plus extension" of my regular one. I haven't decided yet on creating a Facebook page...but, if I do, I will set the privacy controls much tighter than on my male one.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I have been expanding my femme ways threw the internet as well. Kathy has her own e-mail and have had a facebook page for a while. {never used it} Untill December I started only using kathy's facebook all the the time now. I'll felt trapped and couldn't be myself on my male one. Of course this site is my favorie and really gotten me started in this whole process. Between this site and checking others Likes on facebook has let me explore and find things out and be able to interact with some people.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

I'm mostly only here because many of my friends are here and I can potentially help others by relating my experiences and sometimes try to stimulate thinking on things. My goal is to show it's not a big deal who we are, to enjoy it and have fun and to show it's more about who we are as people and our feelings than it is about the clothing and the props.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have dressed for 60 years and never in public. I started joining sites like this one and listening to the girls talk and putting my $0.02 in on occasion. I think the experiences of some of the girls here allowed me to gain enough confidence to actually go out, dressed, to a group function.

I did, for the first time, go out dressed Saturday night and I had a great time; the girls in the group were more than friendly and supportive and I wonder why I waited so long. One of the really huge parts of being out dressed meant I was no longer an anonymous poster to a forum thread, but rather an actual person talking one to one (or two, three, four) face to face. Being accepted and included like what I described was truly an epiphany and I could not have done it without first building my courage on-line.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Oh - I'm to be found here and there. See my signature
    love

Cat

I have an femme email account and have been thinking of setting up a flickr account but that may be the extent of it other than this site/forum. FB collects and cross references too much information for my tastes and your privacy is far from protected there. It may change someday but for now I'm good
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I would have to say without a doubt... The net made me realize that I'm not the only one, there is great support, and that it is completly fine
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Platinum Member
    This site has been an influence, but I am pretty much a Luddite as far as the online world is concerned. I don't do any of the social networking stuff. Still, I probably wouldn't be as out and open in real life it it weren't for the inspiration and example of people on this site.

I was just talking to another member about this last night. My only TG friends are online here because I don't know anybody in my area that is accepting or TG. My doctor has me as his only trans patient and he also runs a clinic, seems nobody will come out here or moved away. I am a member of a TG support group but have only been in contact online since they are 100 miles away and in the snow belt. So it looks like spring before I meet anybody TG in the flesh.

Good thing this forum is here or I'd be completely insane by now.

I think I may have overdone it! "google" jaymees22 Hugs Jaymee

I'm on here only, shhh it's just us right?

I started seriously dressing when I was in college. I was lucky enough to live near New Orleans where I could go out most every weekend and that was over 25 years ago. The net has been a blessing in that it makes it so much easier to interact or actually meet others and to let others know that they are not alone.
    Danielle

Is being online an influence on your life? And what applications/websites make part of your cross dressing lifestyle?

Have an online presence is a massive influence and exciting opportunity for me. For those of us who haven't gone public yet, social media is at least one means of getting out there, living your feminine life and related to others with the same lifestyle or interest, if only in pixels and word processing formats.
    Sites like You Are Not Alone!, tvChix, Tumblr have given me this opportunity in the past. These days the digital realm of Second Life gives me massive scope to live, relate and play as a woman in a very exciting and delicious way.

This site and others have been a godsend. The web opened the world to meeting so many wonderful folks. Until then, I felt entirely alone.
    Now I won't do Facebook--as others have explained, it is too risky. (I don't do much with it in any mode.) But friendly sites like this mean a lot.

Gold Member
    I have always thought that if you do the security settings on things correctly, that you are going to be okay. I have two email addresses, Facebook, and Google+. Along with that, I do a lot with my local Tri-Ess chapter. Even with all of that, I can Google Sue Leighton and not find me in the link listings or image listings. I suppose if I went back far enough, but who does that? I do enjoy the friends I make and the conversations, so it has been well worth it to me.

I am only here but sneaky surveyprograms probably spread my interest far and wide.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I was just talking to another member about this last night. My only TG friends are online here because I don't know anybody in my area that is accepting or TG. My doctor has me as his only trans patient and he also runs a clinic, seems nobody will come out here or moved away. I am a member of a TG support group but have only been in contact online since they are 100 miles away and in the snow belt. So it looks like spring before I meet anybody TG in the flesh.

Good thing this forum is here or I'd be completely insane by now.
    Marleena, you could always move to the praries.... We'd welcome you here in Alberta in a second!

This is my site. Considering this post and a private message just took 45 minutes, there is only just so much time in the day.

I found another CD site that seems to have more bells and whistles. I joined but have trouble going there because I just feel more comfortable here. FB used to be my only social media outlet as my overcompensating male self. These days, going there has almost become a chore. I do it because we have community entertainment that I support posted in it.

I would love to be with ladies in person. It would be so much fun. With numbers CDs can control a social setting. That's how it was living in Key West and seems to be in New Orleans, my favorite place for JazzFest...coming up again in April. Alberta? Not sure. Is is real cold?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbin_Sinclair View Post

I would love to be with ladies in person. It would be so much fun. With numbers CDs can control a social setting. That's how it was living in Key West and seems to be in New Orleans, my favorite place for JazzFest...coming up again in April. Alberta? Not sure. Is is real cold?

Oh Robbin, you ask if its cold here???? You have no idea.

We have one of the worlds best economies in this part of the country. There was an insulated bubble over our province when the recession/depression hit everybody starting in late 2008/09.
    The people here are great, there are lots of jobs and the weather is bad, bad, bad. There are hail storms in August if you can believe it....

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Has anyone googled their name to see their on line presence? You'd be surprised what you find. I came across a few pics I had to manage. Fortunately I knew who posted them and could have removed. Nothing earth shattering, just not great photos.

I don't exist. I remove picture metadata, name it other than me, and only use like names for one app. This applies to everything, not just this site. :-) now my real information can be found via public records search :-(

I think the web is huge for people who live in smaller, more isolated places where going out in public is a nice fantasy but usually just too risky.

Without online support I would have never dared venture out in public while travelling on business a while back...it was AWESOME. Too bad couldn't do it more often...

This site, flckr...but skype - never gone that far!!...hmmmm

This is the only site I go to for discussing crossdressing. I have found so many caring people here that I don't feel the need for anything else.

Online has been a huge influence for me. I have dressed for 40 years, but never considered that there were other people like myself who dress often until I started searching online. I really thought I was an anomaly. This sit has been a huge influence in my life. I am no longer alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    Has anyone googled their name to see their on line presence? You'd be surprised what you find. I came across a few pics I had to manage. Fortunately I knew who posted them and could have removed. Nothing earth shattering, just not great photos.
    Googling "AllyCDTV" yields about 152,000 results. If it wasn't for the the adult amateur tube sites and broadcast cam sites, my crossdressing presence on the Web would pretty much not exist. While I retired from doing "those kinds of things" a while ago, I am now really enjoying the more intelligent discussions on this forum.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha