Thread: Life DOES get better

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar

Smile Life DOES get better

I have been seeing my current GF for nearly a year now and it has been wonderful. She knows all about Allie and has been quite accepting and supportive. Last weekend we attended our first Tri-Ess meeting together. I was a member about 10 years ago, and took my ex wife to one meeting - it did not go well. The new GF was quite comfortable, enjoyed herself and encouraged me that we BOTH should become more involved! I expected a better reaction than from my Ex, but my current GF blew me away! Afterwards we had a great conversation about us, how CDing works in our relationship, etc... We both agreed it was one of our best weekends yet! We plan to join our local chapter and become involved.....

After 7 years of divorce, I can say now it IS better the second time around. And yes, we are planning to get a place together soon!

Platinum Member
    That's so wonderful, Alicia. I agree, life does get better.

Good for you my friend. My new GF is pretty much the same and an awesome woman.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    Good for you! We should never settle for anything less than being happy in life.

Platinum Member
    Hi Alicia, That is just wonderful, I wish you all the best.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That's excellent! Kudos to your and your GF. And you're right, life does get better (for some of us at least).

Congrats Alicia on the accepting s/o, make sure you treat her great always

That is so great to hear. My wife of 30+ years has always been supportive, and it is a wonderful thing.

Congratulations on finding a wonderful accepting GF! Good luck in all your future adventures together. Make sure to come tell us all about them.

-Bree

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    You have a wonderful GF. You are one of the lucky ones. I wish you two many happy years together.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Lucky u, Alicia!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Keep her well she is a gem.
    Go slowly and do not smother her as the magic can fade.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    This is wonderful news, Alicia! My fiancee is similarly accepting and supportive, and I would encourage her to participate with me in a group like Tri-Ess if/when I do so. (She might not want to, but she doesn't have to be involved in everything in my life. I'm not part of her Xbox Live FPS gaming clan either. )

Do tell her how special she is every chance you get. I see so many messages from ladies whose SOs don't understand this part of them, it's just heart-wrenching. So make sure your girlfriend knows how much you appreciate her for this.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

That's wonderful, Alicia! Congratulations to you and I wish you both my best for a wonderful future ahead! Thank you for sharing this post. Stories like this give me hope, and things are indeed slowly progressing in the right direction.
    Di

Made my day, Alice!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!