Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The zipped dress!!

Some of my dressier dresses have zippers and I love the fitted look. Luckily, I have a spouse to help me do the zipping!

I'm not a big fan of exposed zippers, particularly the ones that are too big or look tacked on. I have enough of that effect in my work and cold weather clothes.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Hi phelicia...

Indeed, a zippered dress is a wonderful option in one's wardrobe. I have three of them with one more on order. I also have three blouses that have hidden zippers up the side (so well hidden that I did not know the first one had it until a few weeks later...felt pretty dumb there but all good in the end.)

celeste 26...I am not a 3x but I do order custom apparel from a site online. It is primarily a fetish site but I was tired of searching endlessly in local stores for good quality blouses, skirts and dresses. Paying about $50 - $75 for a custom satin blouse is a bit steep but when it fits perfect - especially those side zip ones - and feels great it sure feels worth spending a bit more. Same for the dresses. Perfect fit every time and enough room to allow me to zip up the back to a certain point an then reach behind and pull from the top. I am reasonably flexible but no contortionist so it seems to work. At long last I no longer have to restrict my shy shopping ways to Sears.

As a young teen the zipper got stuck on my sister's dress that I was trying on.

Didn't think I was ever going to get out of that dress.

I developed a small stick with a wire hook at the end, with which I can pull my back zip of my dresses all the way up or down with no help needed

Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post
    dresses with back zippers tend to be more fitted so its always trickier getting the sizing just right. as a guy its tough finding something that fits just right since i tend to be an inverted triangle.

but i wonder if there is a subconscious desire to be "locked into" the dress the OP was referring to
    Subconscious??????? Ha ha ha ha ha.

Rhonda

Veronica Lacey! What is the name of the online site that you order custom blouses, skirts, and dresses from? Inquiring shoppers want (need) to know.

Rhonda
    Last edited by Eryn; 01-18-2013 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts. Please us the edit button rather than multi-posting

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Raili View Post
    I developed a small stick with a wire hook at the end, with which I can pull my back zip of my dresses all the way up or down with no help needed
    string and a paperclip work just fine

I love the feeling of that hidden zipper too.

I have 1 custom fitting dress that is just about impossible to get the dress on or off by myself. I have to stand up straight with my shoulders back, chest out and the wife does it up for me.

There are few places that will custom make sissy dresses and they can come with a small piece of metal on the collar that you slip a padlock through it, called a locking dress. Hmmmm.......