Thread: The art of cross dressing

The art of cross dressing

Today I got dressed to the nines and to be honest it was difficult. The problem was the false nails it was my first time wearing them and they looked great the only problem was I could not do much in them I could not adjust my dress or pull up my stockings I was also wearing a wig and if I tried to brush the hair from my eyes the hair got stuck under my nails what a pa lava. I was wondering there must be some art to this as I didn't keep them on long because they were so awkward. I have now decided to try and stop biting my own nails in an attempt to grow them a little. There are many people out there that view our cross dressing as perverted or sick but my thoughts are it is defiantly an art form. I enjoy the whole process of cross dressing and the gradual change in myself when I dress. I love this form art for me its amazing.

As men we so take for granted what women do to look like they do. Doing this for me totally changed my perception and increased my admiration of all things feminine. It is art, but it is also lifestyle. It is indeed amazing!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Practice Practice Practice. Wish there was an easier answer but ...I dont think so. Good thing being enfemme is so much delite.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

My wife once told me:"You have no idea what us women go through to look nice." I didn't then, I definitely do now.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think one of the problems with false nails is all of a sudden you have this length on the fingers to contend with. The rare times I wore false nails I find it hard to pick things up, do normal things, even trying to fasten or unfasten a button suddenly becomes a task requiring my devoted concentration, and I'm a girl so don't worry hon, it's not just a CD problem. I havn't worn false nails since a teenager as I just let my own nails grow, though my work required my nails were short and square. When you grow your nails you don't notice the change in how you do things as the growth is so gradual. If you want to contnue wearng false nails while your own nails grow, try doing it in degrees. Cut the nails short, to just over the fingertip, then once you are used to that, cut a set slightly longer and so on, then it's almost as if they have just grown themselves. You'll go through a few sets of nails doing that but you'll save yourself money on stockings being laddered or catching a thread in a favourite outfit.

I have watched women with long nails, not necessarily false, typing. It boggles my mind that they can do this.

Vieja

Banned Read only
    ONCE YOU SEE those without makeup faces of celebrity and those half done faces you will get an idea of what it takes

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-the-Same-Face!

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...r-crossdresser

Banned Read only
    I don't know about it being an art form, I dress because I like to, not to make art. I do appreciate the change that occurs, particularly in my eyes.

Regarding false nails, if they are catching in your wig, you do not have them on correctly. They have to be sealed at the edges and be the right size.

I’ve noticed a lot of short nails on women lately, polished but short. Mariah Carey’s nails on American Idol last night were quite short. Nicki Minaj had what I’d call medium length length nails, longer than her fingers but shorter than pictures taken just a few days ago. But I have been noticing that more and more of the women on TV have short nails, no longer than their fingers and often a bit shorter, and red seems to be the color of choice.
    Babs

It's more of an art form for me as I have so many different looks. The art and skill parts come in to make them all work. That takes more than just appearance, however, as it covers the entire presentation package.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can't be bothered with nails.

Because I can't wear the things I do without tearing or damaging something with my nails long!
    Then, there's the difficulty of doing things with long nails.

I recently found a nail I "lost" a year ago stuck in a wig!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

OMG it is definitely an art form and a talent all in one.

Even something as small as painting nails. My wife can bust out a set of nails on herself in no time, they come out perfect, and she's off doing something else (getting dressed, makeup, etc.) Me? I paint my nails (and spend a half hour doing it because I get polish all over the sides of my fingers), then sit still for 30 minutes to let them dry - and as soon as I touch something (doesn't matter what... my shirt, a kleenex, a spec of dust) and they're all jacked up. LOL.

I have always considered it an art form and when I hve done a good job I am extremely satisfied.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Actually, it's only been in the last few years that I've really looked at it as an expression of my artistic side. This place has amped that up beyond imagination for me and I love it!

It does take some practice to learn how to do things with longer nails. For one thing, you need to use the flats of your fingers and not the ends when you pull up nylons and other things, for instance. You also must be aware of how you reach for things so that you do not jam the end of your nail and break it. Be sure to have a good grip so that your finger does not slip off and break a nail that way. It is worth it!
    Hugs, Carole

one helper with the longer nails when dressing, is to put them on last and take them off first when undressing. I ank tupe will with tmeh on hmvber.

i think the artistry in it and seeing the finished product is what has kept me doing it more than anything..
    false nails are kind of a pain if you are not used to them.. longer clear polished nails give the same effect

I do not feel the need of false nails. Millions of GGs do not use them or for that matter have long nails. Nails can still look fantastic if they are well manicured and nicely painted. Each day I dress I put two coats on in the morning and take them off at night. So then I get much practice so much so that I can do mine quicker and neater than my wife does hers. 10-15 minutes max including drying. If my nails grow long it's a bonus but I do not worry if they don't.

Maria

Platinum Member

No One Ever Said It Was Going To Be Easy

Hi Andrea, No one ever said that being a lady was going to be easy
    if it was easy all the guys would be doing it.
    I don't look at dressing as a job i see it as a challenge to see how good I can look.

RE: Nail bitting, If I can stop anybody can my wife now complains that my nails are to long now.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    It takes a while to get used to long nails and figure out how to do things differently. You can get used to them after a few days. There will still be some times you forget. Eventually that will stop too. One thing I know I do (because I keep my nails long all the time) is when I almost drop something and quickly try to catch it. That is a very bad thing to do with long nails as you are likely to break one. Now I have gotten used to letting it fall. Sometimes this happens right as a am about to catch it and I stop mid way and still let it fall. Looks silly, but now I understand why women do it too. I also have a long list of all the unique unexpected ways I have broken a nail so I don't do that again. Usually it is because I am in a rush to do something. Slow, determined movement is necessary to preserve long nails. No matter what you think you can't do, there is a way. Practice is the only way to get better at it.