Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to or do you have to?

Probably a time thing, if I do it regular it's because I want to, if I haven't done it for a while it will be more like because I have the urge to, but I will still be wanting to do it!

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I was gonna answer the question with that my crossdressing is definitely just a want to..... but then that would be a lie. There were several times where I just did not want to dress but had to because of commitments that I made that involved crossdressing. Usually in those cases I end up waiting to the last minute to start the transitioning processes and after the event/outing I'd be in my guy stuff virtually once I step into the house.

I would say that I feel both. When I don't dress I don't feel like myself. I have found that I need to let Vanessa out. Very calming for my anxiety and a pick-me-up for my depression.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    Do you dress because you want to or because you have to?
    Nobody "has to".
    Nobody holding a gun to your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria S View Post
    Sorry Charlotte, I don't understand. I never mentioned stealing???

Maria
    Meaning I sometimes have an overwhelming urge to wear tights, and have unfortunately resorted to stealing them in the past...not because I wanted to but because I am a Transvestic Fetishist and was compelled to...not just a bit of fun for me. You didn't mention stealing, but I was trying to convey the depths I've sunk to in the past...I've got a bit more willpower nowadays...just saying how it is for me.
    C

Platinum Member
    Hi Jaymee, Answer C. All the above.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Jaymee, I always dress because I want to. It's only UNdressing that I do because I have to. When I'm en femme, I feel most natural and taking off the natural is a real chore.

Gold Member
    Definitely a perspective question. Have to comes down to repercussions. You could say you have to pay taxes because otherwise you can be penalized or jailed. No one (that I know of anyway) wants to pay taxes but I have met a few that chose not to.

So I say I want to dress. I think there is still some level of choice there and it depends on the individuals repercussions. If I couldn't for a long time, maybe I would change my mind.

Both really. Usually because I get the urge and want to. I like to and enjoy dressing. If I don't do it for a while the urge gets to be too much and it will then be because I need to.
    Last edited by SandraV; 01-20-2013 at 08:57 PM.

If ya ever want to be a Lady ,, You better dress like one ! lol
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    Nobody "has to".
    Nobody holding a gun to your head.
    Of course nobody is holding a gun to my head, it's more of a have to feeling. They might have to hold a gun to my head to make me stop though...Jaymee

For me its just matching the outside with whats on the inside, its not that I have to but kinda like I need to to keep my sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    Do you dress because you want to or because you have to?
    Lets be honest here, no one 'has to'. We can all survive without ever touching a piece of female clothing. We were born naked, and our ancestors stayed that way for many thousands of years.
    We dress because we want to. Some for a sexual thrill, some to get the female self identification reinforcement that we want. Some to (yes, there are some of us like this) sexually attract men.
    But none of us HAS to do it. It's clearly a 'want'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I do it because I want to. I enjoy expressing my female self. I don't hurt anyone when I do it. I don't steal anything. And I have been doing it for 50 years. I don't think I will be stopping anytime soon. I know I will never "pass", but that doesn't matter to me.
    It is a part of me.

Just like most I want to and get out and be around people in shops and stores. I Love dressing and becomeing a women.

I under dress because I want to. When I get out of bed, I put on the bra, I slip on the panties/girdle, and I am off for the day. If there is an amount of time where I can't dress (family or in-laws visit), then when they leave, it's I have to. So I guess both choices are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria S View Post
    Nobody has to dress, it is not as if someone is putting a gun to your head. It's because you want to, you enjoy it and it makes you feel good. It does become addictive especially when womens clothes look better on you than mens.

Maria
    No truer words were ever spoken, they couldn't look or feel better on me if I was born female. Once thought about surgery but its the clothes not the body underneath, than would not be crossdressing.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Lets be honest here, no one 'has to'. We can all survive without ever touching a piece of female clothing. We were born naked, and our ancestors stayed that way for many thousands of years.
    We dress because we want to. Some for a sexual thrill, some to get the female self identification reinforcement that we want. Some to (yes, there are some of us like this) sexually attract men.
    But none of us HAS to do it. It's clearly a 'want'.
    I can tell you it clearly wasn't a 'want' for me. I have begun to accept what I am over the past few months, but hated what I felt compelled to do, for the thirty years before that..I felt like I had very little, or no control over what I was doing..certainly didn't want to do it..Bit better now, but still go on autopilot now and again..Don't try and tell me otherwise..I know how I feel.
    C
    Last edited by Charlotte Haynes; 01-23-2013 at 02:25 PM.

To me they are one and the same. When I am my girl self, I feel normal. When I am out dressed I am much more relaxed and at ease with myself. Besides guy clothes are so heavy and uncomfortable.
    Danielle

I want to dress and I do it every day pretty much 24/7. I like to dress so much now I have to, because when I don't I would let myself down. Since clothes are mandatory when out I will only wear girl clothes from now on. Since I am pretty much stress free I'm not ready to take the stress and depression back. Plus I am kind of cute anyway.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

I feel the need to, not necessary have to, but I think it lets my softer side out, and evens out my guy side, cause my guy side is a real dick. after dressing, dick self seems to be more sedated, for a while at least.

Lately, this is pretty much sums me up. I hadn't realized before that it would intrude of some aspects of my life. For me, it boils down to what do I desire more:dressing or the things that would keep me from wanting to dress.This past month or so has really opened my eyes to this, between spending more time with friends and family and starting to feel like I am falling back in love again, my desire to dress completely has really diminished. I still wear my underwear and some of my pajamas's, but the desire to get "all dolled up" just doesn't feel as strong as before the holidays came and went.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I don't have to do anything .... but i want to

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    For me it is both. A sort of "chicken and egg" thing. Do I want to because I have to?
    Yes, and I have to because I want to!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

It feels natural for me.