Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not trying to pass. Is it just me?

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure we all started dressing because of the feel of the lingerie, then the heels, then the skirts and tops, and finally the makeup and hair. It's a progression that not everybody completes. Like any hobby, people stop progressing all along the line. There are those of us who have a real mastery of the art, and those of us who never get past lingerie underdressing.

Me? I'm just trying to be able to take a decent picture of an old lady with a classy wardrobe once in awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    I'm pretty sure we all started dressing because of the feel of the lingerie, then the heels, then the skirts and tops, and finally the makeup and hair. It's a progression that not everybody completes. Like any hobby, people stop progressing all along the line. There are those of us who have a real mastery of the art, and those of us who never get past lingerie underdressing.

Me? I'm just trying to be able to take a decent picture of an old lady with a classy wardrobe once in awhile!
    Well said. Well said
    I'm looking for fraternity in this sorority.

You're not alone. There's a wide variety. For example, unlike almost everyone here (I suspect), I usually have a beard. There's no pressure to keep it; I can and do shave it whenever I feel like it. To some degree, I suspect I like the conflict between the two aspects, and find the combination of things interesting.

Also, perhaps in keeping, I don't wear anything uncomfortable, which differs from some people. If it's not comfy, it's out!

I also adopt mix different modes of behavior. That isn't so much deliberate on my part, it's just always been that way.

What will happen in the future? I have no idea where it will go. I think that it is less common perhaps to do this with the more talkative members of the community, but I certainly hear from people with alternate views. Recently, on reddit/r/crossdressing, someone posted a thread about how all the things they loved were typical "man things" like football, grilling, etc., they just liked to do them wearing a dress, because screw convention. It's a diverse group of people really.

I agree with some that posted in here that they especially like that underclothes. I love to wear a bra I think for 2 reasons 1. becuase I just like the sqeeze that is imposed and 2. becuase i changes my postures and I think the change is for the better. I'v had a friend of mine do my make-up once just for the heck of it but i think it just takes too long to put on and take off. Also thank you all who welcomed me to this forum.

Banned Read only
    This is one of the things that continues to confuse me--but it's not all that hard to do. I've been dressing for a good long time; I've been going out dressed for several years; I've gone out feeling, acting, and hopefully looking like a woman for a while; and I've had the wonderful company of a few good men on several occasions.

I just find it hard to. . .not believe. . .understand, why a guy would want to put on women's clothes "just for the feel of it." I'm certainly not saying it's wrong nor am I judging the wearers, I just don't get it. By the same token, those very people probably don't understand why a guy would want to actually "be" a woman.

Maybe we are all just a bit confused, a little irrational, and more than a little weird. But, WE ARE ALL CERTAINLY HAVING FUN, AREN'T WE.

I think at least for me fully dressed up goes back to self love, I like how I look in a skin tight dress, some setzy, silkie underwear, the feeling of your nylons when they rub together. It's a definite turn on! Going out dressed up does absolutely nothing for that "fantasy". makeup doesn't really move me because its time consuming, and the end doesn't justify the means.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Not trying to pass. Is it just me?
    I don't know about you, but I am beyond studying and attempting to pass any test. I just want to enjoy myself, whether it be lingerie, or adding a skirt and blouse. Isn't this supposed to be fun, and that is why we do did? Find your fun level and go with it!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Comfortable feeling, or comfortable to wear because they are 'girl clothes'. For me, it's the latter. There are plenty of mens clothes that are very comfortable, so if you're trying to convince yourself that it's only because of the sensation of the fabric, you might want to reconsider your thoughts as to why you're wearing female clothing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post

Hmmm. So you are saying those who don't try to pass have just not completed the process? I don't think that is the case.

I used to dress fully and could actually pass quite well. After a while I just realized it was just the freedom to wear what I want that mattered.

It is not a matter completing some process and that those who "pass" have graduated. It is that we are all unique beings and each have a different set of criteria for what makes us complete.

I learned long ago that I make one seriously ugly woman. Gave up trying to pass, but don't miss it. The thrill is underdressing 24/7 and wearing femme clothes at home.

I dress because I like the clothes and not to pass or look /be a girl. Been there tried that don't really care for it.

I too share your feelings. I love the way the clothes feel on me. The colors the options can be endless.

Quote Originally Posted by abby21 View Post
    I'v come to the realization that I love to wear girls clothes but I don't do it becuase I wanna look like a female, I just like the feel of girls clothes, they are comfortable. Is it just me that feels this way?
    No it not just you but thing can become progressive if it does just enjoy it, don't fight it. I started the same way with girls underwear and moved on to girls outer clothes felt normal and comfortable, no feeling of any thing wrong. Met a wonderfull girl and married her accepted my clothing choice and encouraged me to be myself. After five years with her approval decided to progress to become more female, then came next step, already had naturally wide fem hips and curvy girl booty. We agreed I needed breast implants, got them never looked back or felt it was mistake and have no regrets. Just feel it was natural progression, nature taking her course. That was twenty years ago.
    Last edited by wilt575; 01-23-2013 at 02:27 PM.

I know the feeling. I am a 46 year old bald man with a beard. I love the feel of panties and Love to wear skirts and feel pretty. I couldn't pass as female if i wanted to. I dress the way I do because I like myself and am comfortable with who I am. I am just lucky enough to have a wife who accepts and loves me for who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I know the feeling. I am a 46 year old bald man with a beard. I love the feel of panties and Love to wear skirts and feel pretty. I couldn't pass as female if i wanted to. I dress the way I do because I like myself and am comfortable with who I am. I am just lucky enough to have a wife who accepts and loves me for who I am.
    I just hope that I find a decent girl who accepts it and will even go shopping with me and eventually get married but as of right now its not looking too good lol.

I have really moved on from just crossdressing. I only wear femm clothes and makeup. I did my hair so I don't need a wig. Everything matters me included. My name is Contessa I'm a girl. Not a genetic girl but a girl none the less.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

I just hope that I find a decent girl who accepts it and will even go shopping with me and eventually get married but as of right now its not looking too good lol.
    I speak from experience, don't give up she will pop up when you least expect it. When you find her do not let her get away,you will be surprised at the changes she can make in you. It may go beyond just shopping with you, hope you are as lucky as I was.

I don't feel the desire to pass as female, even though I think I might be able to, what with the my shortness. but I just like to wear girls clothing (I think it may also be because I am envious of girls being able to have more clothing options than boys), but I know that it is still socially unacceptable in most places (in public that is) and I don't think that I could pass, so I don't feel a real desire to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelita Nolan View Post
    I don't feel the desire to pass as female, even though I think I might be able to, what with the my shortness. but I just like to wear girls clothing (I think it may also be because I am envious of girls being able to have more clothing options than boys), but I know that it is still socially unacceptable in most places (in public that is) and I don't think that I could pass, so I don't feel a real desire to pass.
    I agree with you when you say they have more options then guys do. guys have just a few option for shirts and pants while girls have many options for dresses many for shirts and not as many for pants but are still there

There is no way I could ever pass as anything worthy of the pretty clothes I so love to wear. However, I am thoroughly addicted to the feel of Fem clothing.

I don't think it matters why or what you are getting out of it with regard to others' motives. Are you happy with your crossdressing and does it work in your life?

I'v come to the realization that I love to wear girls clothes but I don't do it becuase I wanna look like a female, I just like the feel of girls clothes, they are comfortable. Is it just me that feels this way?
    At one time I struggled with this, I wanted to pass, if only to pass in my own mind. I tried and quickly realized that I am not gifted with the any physical attributes of a woman. I gave up, its too hard (or I'm too lazy), Since I no longer try, I'm actually more relaxed and at ease with myself.

Dear Abby, (Sorry I couldn't resist typing Dear Abby) I enjoy the feel of women's clothes but sometimes fear it's the same feeling my dog gets when he wears his thunder shirt to calm him. I really only feel my best completely dressed make up and everything, but that's just me. Jaymee

Stephania
    Nope! I feel the same way. I don't want to pass as a woman. I don't even want to act like a woman.
    I just like the clothes and would really like to wear what I want when I want without being ridiculed.

I would love to be able to pass, it would take some makeover I guess. I have a CD friend who I watched transform, the makeup took a long time, you have to appreciate what the GGs go thru. I am just addicted to the feel of nylon and must have it all over my bod all the time. Sure I have wigs, heels, bras, and forms even some jewelery but I still look like a guy without makeup, but it feels so very nice.