Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not trying to pass. Is it just me?

Not trying to pass. Is it just me?

I'v come to the realization that I love to wear girls clothes but I don't do it becuase I wanna look like a female, I just like the feel of girls clothes, they are comfortable. Is it just me that feels this way?

On Hiatus
    I certainly feel a need to look like a woman, but there are plenty of people who dress simply because they like the feel of girls' clothes. As long as you enjoy yourself, right? :]
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

i dress trying to pass as close as i can, but if i dont that is not a problem for me. if other people have a problem thay need to move on, for im doing this for me not them

Agree, the clothes are fun, ESP the underclothes. Makeup and such is a lot of work, I did mess around with it yesterday, but its messy n gets all over your sheets!

If you are posting on this forum you are talking to the converted.
    Just about all of us want to dress like a woman and most of the rest of us want to pass as well.
    Welcome to the forum, Abby.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know quite a few who like to dress just because they like the clothes, and they are happy with that. No need to worry over something you like, or the reasons you like it. There is a very broad spectrum, some like to look like a woman but do not act like one at all. I'm talking about mannerisms like walking, sitting and such. Some like to look androngenous, some just like the underclothes, and some want to appear as fem as possible in every way. Some start with some of this and eventually move toward more and more. Whatever stage you are in you are not alone.
    Last edited by Angela Campbell; 01-20-2013 at 07:49 AM.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I've been a realist about passing since I've accepted this part of who I am. I'm too tall and have had way too many years of testosterone pulsing through me to ever really pass, probably even with the help of the best stylists and make up artists in Hollywood. Yes, there are days when I wish I could go out dressed and fully pass, shopping, having dinner, whatever...but I would be embarrassed, not by dressing, but the quality of the transformation that I could manage, so I don't even consider that as an option.

In a current related thread about laziness, I'm also way too busy with a range of activities to have the time to even consider what it would take to even remotely pass in public. So instead, I dress, usually rather simply but fully, when at home and even then I'm frequently busy with all manner of indoor chores, and that's after work and all the outdoor (lawn/outside house/cars) chores are done. By the time I get inside and can change, dressing is such a relief and a slowing down, that it is a relief, and I'm usually so tired from everything else that passing is about the last thing on my mind by then.

And, there are days when I wish I were 5'6", 100 lbs, a perfect size 6, much younger, and have the time to really work at passing and going out and having fun...

Kate

Not to worry, en joy, could be you don't have enough time to stay dressed

I dunno, sometimes the feelings seem to naturally "cross over" and complement each other though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    I was that way for years. Just dressing. But, over time, I experimented with makeup. Eventually I bought a wig because I knew I wanted to both get out and "pass." It took some time, but once I told my wife, I wanted to get out more regularly. buying breast forms somehow made the last big change. You may stay the way you are or you may progress to more. Either way, don't sweat it. Have fun.

Relax! I, like you, am not concerned about passing. I just like to wear women's clothes!

Like Jennifer mine was progressive, 10 years ago I had no interest in makeup or purses I just wanted to dress. Now that I have learned to do my makeup and have been out without any problems I really like presenting as a woman. For me now it is the total package that makes me feel content.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I dress for reasons the opposite of yours, Abby. I find women's things to be tite, restraining, and posture and gait changing. Altho I try to appear as fem as possible, passing is out of the question for me! I find the entire process stimulating, exciting, and fun! Just the opposite of comfortable and relaxing!

However, rest assured there r VERY MANY OTHERS HERE that dress for exactly the reasons u do! Welcome aboard!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennialy View Post
    ...Makeup and such is a lot of work, ..., but its messy n gets all over your sheets!
    I think your doing something wrong. You use brushes to apply makeup, not sheets;-) Seriously, you can't sleep in your makeup. No woman would.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Relax! I, like you, am not concerned about passing. I just like to wear women's clothes!
    Lke Ihave said before just like wearing a bra panties and ladys jeans wear them everyday have for 40 years now not into dresses makeup and stuff I could not pass ever just being me

I do it because I have to and not because I necessarily want to.... and if someone mistakes me for female.... that's fine... if not that's fine too....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I like women's clothes, on women and on me. I wonder why so many women don't wear better clothes, or do their make-up, or hair, or nails, or whatever. Then I try to wear dresses and fix my hair and make up without messing up my nails in a reasonable amount of time. I have been and always will be in awe of my wife, daughter, sister, mother, aunt, cousin, girl I saw on the way to work, to be honest any woman or CD who is trying to look feminine. I look too much like a linebacker to ever pass as a woman but I do so love the feel of a skirt on my legs.
    I'm looking for fraternity in this sorority.

I have tried to and mostly unsuccessfully tried to imitate a woman. Not only am I new to this forum and cross dressing as a whole I am distinctively bad at it also.Yes i love the clothes and adore the underwear but when I put on the make up I look like a dogs dinner. Not that I mind by the way as its not how I look that matters to me it has and always will be how I feel. Its the journey that matters most and not the destination.

Although I have my wife do my makeup, have her do my nails and I have a closet full of womens clothes.....I could care less if I pass. There are very few times I want to pass and that is when I go home and I have a GDO (Girls' Day Out)

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Since Tina surfaced in our lives only 7 years ago (I was 55, then), it has been a wild ride with constantly changing objectives. At first it was just a questioning of who this Tina person was so it was only clothes and heels. In the process of understanding that girls learn to be girls over that first 2 decades of their lives, my wife started to show Tina what that was all about and suddenly every time that Tina arrived there was a new lesson in makeup. Then she needed hair, and then clothes just didn't fit correctly without breasts. Then it was deportment, voice, and use of language.

We are all different and our own paths can't be pre-determined, nor even laced with expectations. It really is a unique adventure for all of us and that is part of the fun!

Have fun!

I started dabbling with makeup and wigs long ago, but the clothes have that feel. It's a work in progress as they say.

I'm with you abby. I just like the clothes.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abby21 View Post
    I'v come to the realization that I love to wear girls clothes but I don't do it because I wanna look like a female, I just like the feel of girls clothes, they are comfortable. Is it just me that feels this way?
    I felt that way for a long time. I think I finally just started getting competitive or something lately. I suspect hanging out here is going to make that worse for me (in a good way)!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I think your doing something wrong. You use brushes to apply makeup, not sheets;-) Seriously, you can't sleep in your makeup. No woman would.
    I was laying on the bed with a makeup mirror and now I have little specks of makeup all over the bed :-( hope I can Shout it out!

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennialy View Post
    I was laying on the bed with a makeup mirror and now I have little specks of makeup all over the bed :-( hope I can Shout it out!
    Ha! For me it's always the eye and lip pencils x[

I always end up leaving them on my bed negligently and I usually roll over them on accident and smear a small, small amount of eyeliner on my sheets. Gah.

I never get anything else on my bed, I'm very prim, proper, and cautious when applying my powder and my rouge n.n
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-