Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying with your clothes?

Flying with your clothes?

Need some advice: I've got a work trip this week, and I'm thinking of taking the "girl stuff" with, in my checked luggage. Anything I should be concerned about? In the past, I've only brought my clothes with on driving trips, so it's under my control the whole time.

I suppose I'm just being paranoid, but because I'm closeted, I have these fears of my luggage getting lost and send to someone else!

Also, on previous trips when I've dressed up, I tend to freak out and throw things away...I'm hoping to avoid that this time. The thought of having several nights in a row of uniterrupted dressing is just too much to pass up.

Buy 50 bucks worth of insurance for 2 dollars on the luggage and it won't go missing.
    Nothing to be concerned about as theres nothing illegal in your luggage....

Banned Read only
    forms are the only thing that will show as "odd" on the x-ray. Many airport screeners can recognize these and noting will be checked, but some do not. I have had my luggage opened and the woman who did it told me she suspected they were breast forms. I siad they were and she released me on my way.

Banned Read only
    Launa has told you true; I travel all the time with my "girly" stuff, sometimes checked, sometimes in carry on, and sometimes on me. I've never had any trouble with airport personnel other than a few strange looks. I never look over my shoulder to see if they are snickering, though. Sometimes I think I pass fine, at other times I wonder why they don't laugh me out of the airport. Either way, you behavior will have more to do with their response/reaction than will theirs.

Lost luggage, BTW, normally doesn't go to the "wrong" person. It goes to a storage unit at the airport for a time and if not claimed is trashed. They've seen it all anyway, so don't worry. Go and have fun.

My New Year's resolution for this year is to "fly pretty".....that is known in TG circles as flying en femme. Flying pretty is the code word.

Flying pretty....remember that. One of my dear friends Abigail on this forum has done it quite a few times.

I will make sure that I will not make it to next new years without having done so.

As for TSA staff, they just look for guns and knives, and potential explosives.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 01-20-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Such a great opportunity for dressing when travelling. Shame not to venture out of the hotel room though. Oh well.

I haven't flown dressed in the US but never had a problem fully dressed with forms, etc on the plane in Australia. Certainly no problem with checked luggage - apart from the quantity of bags. Only thought for flying dressed would be the metal in corsets might set of an alarm.

Remember, you are breaking no laws and your need to dress is understandable and compelling. Absolutley no need to purge - just enjoy the time you have without recriminations.

here's a previous post from Kimberly Huddle (TXKimberly)
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...to-fly-pretty!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I'm on a work-related trip right now and packed some girl stuff in with my checked luggage. Got here fine and I've been enjoying some femme time.

I had the good fortune to have a US customs agent go through my suitcase in front of me. He was professional and kind. I lived to tell the tale.
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 01-24-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Crossdresser
    You may want to wash your things if your bag gets searched. Have you noticed the security people wear gloves? They run into all kinds of stuff they don't want to get on their hands, but they wear that same pair of gloves until it tears or they go off duty. Now imagine them searching through your underwear.

Just a thought about the freaking out and throwing things away; it seems like the worry there is somehow getting caught on the way back? You _could_ ship your clothes back home instead of packing them. If you know where you are staying, you could even ship them to the hotel ahead of time and not have to worry about packing them.

Probably not practical - but just a thought...

Dee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

No problems at all - just flew 5000 miles each way with 4 different airlines via 2 different countries. Packed more girly frillies than a woman would pack along with breast forms etc ... My bags had not been opened at all - at least they didn't put the usual - "your bags have been searched" form in it. One of my flights was cancelled and my bag made it on to the other airline as well so all was good. If you are checking them in they don't call you out to check your bag in front of you, they just open them, check them and if all is good send them on. I bet that 5% of the male TSA agents that check through the bags wish they could have pretty stuff like you do - ahahahahahaha. Don't forget "we are everywhere" !

Thanks for all the tips. I wasn't planning to fly en femme, so I'm probably freaking out over nothing. I feel better now.

The throwing away usually happens due to guilt. I just need to get over that!!

I always fly with my femme clothing. It's always a (very small) risk that your luggage could get lost but.... isn't that half the fun???

I almost always pack breast forms, and I find that my bag tends to get searched when I fly out of a small airport. Big airports are no problem because they've seen it all.

AriannaRenee,

If you are worried about something happening to your checked clothes, you could always wear them :-) at least then you can guarantee they are under your control.

Good luck and enjoy your opportunity to be Arianna. Nobody at TSA really gives a damn what kind of clothes are in your luggage.

Robyn

With me the TSA is only interested in the wires, batteries and switches that are hidden my bras.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just remember men and women share suitcases all of the time. They have no idea who the clothes belong to.

Tracy

I fly monthly and always have under dressings in my bag, checked in or carry on, never had an issue. Except going out of country, I seem to get red lighted every time. I don't carry any unrdressings out of country, but the stoplight is just random

Banned Read only
    I remember flying before ultimate security and having pantyhose, heels and a nightgown in my luggage. I was searched once after going thru the xray and they looked at the heels, looked at me and closed the suitcase and moved on. I have flown since it's gotten a bit more secure and still don't care what I pack. If I'm going to be on the road, I want to be comfortable in my room at least. I always fly still with a pair of heels, pantyhose, panties and a nightgown. Once in awhile I get the same looks but no issues. What can they say anyway.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Any idea if they would question forms if they show up in an xray? This would be on checked luggage. Not sure if the liquid would still concern them. I am talking about real forms not water balloons or something else home made. That might look more suspicious. Just wondering if they will search my suitcase to see what those roundish orbs are.

Put the forms in a bra and it won't really be seen

Hey everyone! I did it! I knew I was being a tad paranoid, bit I'm so glad I did it. I've been able to dress for two nights in a row. My clothes and wig were in checked luggage, and it wasn't opened. Last night, after taking a hot bath, carefully applying full makeup, and getting dressed up in my new outfit, I looked in the mirror and was overcome with such an intense euphoria I almost started laughing. It's the most amazing feeling! Almost like "yes! I knew it!" This feels good.

(Sorry, I can't rotate the picture!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Hey, good enough to venture out the door!!

Hi AriannaRenee;
    I just want to share my experience with you. Early in my transition as I was preparing for full-time, I went on a trip to visit a friend. I took my female clothes, my forms, even my artificial vagina with me! I dressed "androganious (sP?) for the plane ride with my bra, panties, pantyhose on underneath and finger nails painted. I felt a little weird going through security, etc...but nobody bothered me. Once I arrived at my destination, I dressed fully while still in the airport bathroom (woman's room) and stayed dressed presenting myself as female the rest of my trip until I left four days later. The freedom it gave me and the excitement of living female 24/7 for four days led to my decision to fully transition. Upon return, I told my boss at work and began my journey. Now I'm eight months on HRT, and been in full transition ever since! So you never know what a trip like that can do! LOL!

Anyway; the point is they did nothing at the airport and it does sound like you're being a little paranoid. The worst possible case scenario is you lose your luggage? Oh well it's just clothes and who cares what the people think who get your suitcase! The odds are strongly against it happening, so save the $50 for insurance and just go for it! That's my advice. Good luck and enjoy your trip. I know I did!

Paulette