Thread: The Power of a Compliment

The Power of a Compliment

I haven't had much of a chance to go out as Nikki recently, but this weekend was an opportunity so I took it.
    I decided to go to church and proceeded to get ready. Well, after doing my make up I almost decided to say the heck with it, I thought it looked horrible. Too pale, too washed out. Added a little bronzer, a little blush, my wig and lipsick and said best I can do and headed out.
    At church before the service started one of the women behind me tapped me on the shoulder and complemented my outfit and my overall look including my makeup. Boy did that make my day. After church, I felt confident enough to head to the mall to take care of a phone problem. Did the people who helped me know, yea but at that point I didn't care. I had to walk through the whole mall, both levels before I found the Verizon store and didn't hear one snicker, everyone was more concerned with their own errands to even bother looking or say anything.
    After that I went to my friendly clothing store. I usually help her on my days off, pricing clothes, moving stuff. I asked her who she wanted to help Nikki or drab me. She said whoever you want, so I stayed as Nikki. She is honest with me, so I asked her also about what she thought of the outfit and the make up. She was ok with the outfit, but jealous of the makeup, natural looking and quite good on the eyes, not overdone and subtle in color. It wa sa pretty slow afternoon only one customer showed up after me. She's a regular who knows the drab me and also does a little business through the store as an outlet.
    Before she closed the store I needed to change back into drab and it was such a disappointing empty feeling. I really didn't want to change back.
    Essence of this story, sometimes we are our own worst critics. But a right compliment can turn your day around and make you feel invinsible.
    Last edited by Nikki A.; 01-21-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: needed to add

Nikki,
    I loved your thread starter. If a lady, in church or at the fruit stand, complimented me on my outfit, or anything for that matter, I would be so happy & excited. I'm sure that you glowed all over after her kind words.

Btw I've attended Mass about 15 times dressed female, no compliments, as I recall, but no dirty looks either. I have received a great many friendly smiles though, mostly from women.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

We all have those days...I have more than I like where we don't feel we are quite there and we should either chuck it or stay home, but often those days are when I get the most compliments (hmmm, maybe they are telling me something...)

I take compliments no matter what
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    Nikki,
    I loved your thread starter. If a lady, in church or at the fruit stand, complimented me on my outfit, or anything for that matter, I would be so happy & excited. I'm sure that you glowed all over after her kind words.

Btw I've attended Mass about 15 times dressed female, no compliments, as I recall, but no dirty looks either. I have received a great many friendly smiles though, mostly from women.
    I've noticed that to when dressed I mostly get smiles and compliments from girls and women. And if not quite passable usually read by girls never guys ,don't guys ever notice but girls do how come?

Arlene, I attend a MCC church which is quite open and accepting. This was just one day where I needed the complement. But then again if I get no complement does that mean I'm horrible, disgusting and ugly. NAH
    Lorileah, You're right, sometimes were all compliment *****s. We'll take them from where ever we can

wilt,
    I don't really know why,hon. IMO ladies are quick to smile and hey are more open minded in regard to CD'ing in general, perhaps not in the own marriage perhaps, or if their SO takes part in CD'ing. Men do notice and can be viscious, mainly in verbal abuse. Many years ago I had a very bad time with a group of near 20 year olds and I was just mailing a letter while enfemme and I was not tying to be sexy at the time, but I was wearing warm weather clothing at the time. HUGZ !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Wilt, I think that women can appreciate the effort we put into getting to a somewhat passale point.
    Men in general are clueless. Unless you're a bombshell, with huge boobs and a skirt that leaves little to the imagination or completely unpassable ie mustache and beard they won't even give you a second llok, you're wall paper to them

Is that what it is Nikki?(I mean guys being clueless ) Well, I've seen you en femme and think you look great my friend. I'm assuming you went to MCC in Allentown. If it was another one, let me know. I may go myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What a lovely day for you.
    Then have to go home and change, that is hard.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Nikki, It sounds like you had a great day.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!