Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if you saw a sister in public if you were in drab?

What would you do if you saw a sister in public if you were in drab?

I have always wondered how many cds have seen me and what was going through their minds. I figured i knew the best ppl to ask said questions

I would smile and not say a word.

Walk past and compliment her on her purse/shoes/dress or whatever, then say something to the effect of "I've seen that style before and thought it was very good looking. Where did you find it/them? If she answered in a way of continuing a conversation I would engage. Otherwise make a short "thanks, have a nice day" and move on.
    Same as I do to Gg's. (Not necessarily the "Where did you find the" as I'm not out to make them feel uncomfortable). Small talk in an everyday world.

To be honest with you, treating her as you normally would to any other person is the ultimate form of flattery.
    I know you may feel the urge to approach someone like this, but from a "girl's" standpoint , it's the same (in TG code language) as getting clocked.

Smile, nod, move along, nothing to see here.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I would mind my own business. But then, I'm very shy and intorverted and awkward about talking to people I don't know, so that's what I do with anyone unless they talk to me first.

I would act as if I saw any other lady.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Ok well i learned something new. If previously presented with the opportunity, i would have approached and said hello and tried to initiate a convo, but with the responses here i have been enlightened with new logic on how to deal with this situation. Makes sense. Maybe i felt that way because im eager to meet someone like myself as i have yet to do? Thanks for the insight ladies
    Last edited by danielleCD88; 01-21-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    My first reaction was to protect her. I looked around and made sure that no one had clocked her and I was ready to make a diversion if anything happened. I'm actually not 100% certain either. Also, she was younger so I didn't want to appear to be a lech either so I just continue eating my lunch and didn't look up again. I admit, I was incredibly curious and also kind of admiring her gutsyness too.

I think that's going to be my conscious strategy from now on too: protection and safety.

Danielle, if you want to meet up, click Forum, go down to Meeting up, and see if anyone in your area is looking. Otherwise, post that you're looking to meet, join someone. Suggest a GNO (Girl's Night Out) in the area, or ask if there is one you can join. Nothing could compare to a GNO with like minded sisters.

Leah

Silver Member
    Several years ago I saw one at a local mall. He was 80% passable. No one was noticing him but he was scared to death and walked stiff much like a person about to commit a crime. As he moved around a display he steped directly in front of me about 5 ft ahead. I just smilled and said easy there, relax and went on. He got the message. As I circled back to meet my wife I saw him again and he smiled and noded. He no longer looked like a deer in headlights and was much more passable.

I'd treat her as I would any other woman with whom I am not acquainted. I'd smile, nod and if the opportunity afforded itself hold a door for her.

Some of us are very sensitive to being "made," even by a well-meaning sister.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

IMO Eryn is totally correct on what the best reaction should be.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Like most others, I would not seek her out and only speak to her if it came about in the course of natural interactions. I would treat her with respect and dignity like any other person since that is the way I want to be treated by strangers. I would not dream of outing her even if it was just to myself. Additionally, I would not want to make the mistake of potentially ruining her day by reading her or mistaking a GG for a cross dresser.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Yes, I do think Eryn is right; treat her exactly as if she were any other GG you don't know, which means not trying to force an interaction. Just smile, take note, and move on.

Except that there would also be part of myself that would be telling myself, "See? She's out here just like everybody else! If SHE can do it, YOU can do it!"

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Banned Read only
    I can't imagine anything more embarrassing than going out and having the illusion that you pass shattered by another CD or whatever.

It depends... usually I say nothing. Sometimes I compliment a piece of clothing. But occasionally, when my brain isnt running on all cylinders, I have been known to just stare and say Youre beauuuuuutiful. LOL. That can get me either a shy thank you or a dirty look.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I would smile. Not say a thing but, maybe , Hi, if they looked at me too. Then I would go about my own business and feel better about myself knowing I truly am not alone in this big world. It would be true motivation for me to get my scared butt out into the real world.

I have seen a couple, and I always take a quick look to check them out, but not a long look. Once however, she was looking my way, caught my eye, and I winked at her, she sort of blushed and turned away. I probably scared the s*** out of her, but I hope I made her day.
    Stephanie

i will smile and make her assured of safety and give her the necessary compliments and suggestions will love to have coffee with her

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I was out dressed at a local gallery recently and said 'hello' in my male voice to one of the security guards who passed close by. Although I usually prefer to blend, I do like on occasions to interact with others.

Soon after he caught up to me in a quiet exhibition and asked if I lived locally. Hmmm. Said 'yes' and he proceeded to tell me he was a closet CD and wanted a mentor. We chatted briefly and have exchanged emails. I checked whether he had picked me before I spoke. 'Yes' ... which reinforced my view that I don't pass on inspection.

So how did I feel? In one sense I initiated the conversation which pleased him. It did reinforce my view that I will be seen by some as a man in a dress and if I want to continue to go out dressed then I will have to deal with that. If anything, dealing with different circumstances gives me greater confidence when venturing out but it has taken me a long time to get to this point and there are still times that I am fragile, e.g. ladies' restrooms.

I therefore support Eryn's approach ... there is nothing better than to be treated as a lady even knowing that the person may know you are male.
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 01-22-2013 at 08:12 AM.

I keep some of my female calling cards in my wallet.
    If this ever happen i would give her one of my cards and smile.
    Just so she would know i mean no harm and as one of the other
    post stated would comment on how good she looked.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

I saw a "sister" a few months back at a musical at a nice theater. She was with a couple of other people and I was not enfemme, so I just admired her and checked out her outfit for the evening. Was wishing I was at the theater myself that night dressed to the nines.

Most likely I would do nothing.

Go about my own business most likely. If we happened to have an interchange, it would be a positive one.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning