Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do if you saw a sister in public if you were in drab?

I occasionally see a crossdresser in my line of work; all I do is tell they I understand why they do what they do, and add, 'be careful; the world is not always a forgiving place for those of us who don't fit into the roles that they want us to'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have only seen one sister out, I was at work and she never actually came inside. At that point of my CDing, I was struggling a lot more with this but would have been fascinated to have a conversation about it. Other than this one time, either I have never seen another sister out or they have passed very well I am always looking though.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I would probably just act normal and if the person had an outfit I liked I would point it out to my wife for a future purchase lol.

I don't normally go and hit on girls in public and I probably would just scrutinize her closely and take anything on board for my own presentation.
    In other words I would do nothing unless called on for assistance.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I used to see a lovely gurl almost weekly when we lived in N Atlanta in the Publix grocery store. My wife always wondered why I wanted to go grocery shopping. One time, I tossed a note casually in her cart with my phone # in hopes to meet for coffee and have a friend who enjoyed dressing but never heard from her. I identified myself as a cd as well but I guess she wanted to be left to herself. Now we live in Boulder, Co area, I haven't seen one but I'd smile and say hi at least

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (Oz) View Post
    I was out dressed at a local gallery recently and said 'hello' in my male voice to one of the security guards who passed close by. Although I usually prefer to blend, I do like on occasions to interact with others.

Soon after he caught up to me in a quiet exhibition and asked if I lived locally. Hmmm. Said 'yes' and he proceeded to tell me he was a closet CD and wanted a mentor. We chatted briefly and have exchanged emails. I checked whether he had picked me before I spoke. 'Yes' ... which reinforced my view that I don't pass on inspection.
    I'd be delighted if something like this happened to me--but my circumstances are very different from most people's. I'm out full time in a very small town, so I doubt there are many people left at this point who don't know me. As small as this town is, I can't believe I'm the only transperson here. I'd be delighted if a brother or sister would approach me so we could get to know each other.

However, if I was in another town/city for a day out, I don't know that I'd be pleased to know someone had made me. Or maybe I'd be OK with it if it gave me the chance to meet a brother/sister. There's precious few of us out in the open in my little corner of the world, and it is a bit lonely.

Annabelle

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I'd be a gentleman and offer her help with her picture taking..... I'm sure she'd appreciate a fabulous full body picture with the background scenery instead of the usual up the nose close-up shot or "flash in the mirror" distance shot

BTW I am just kidding around. I'd treat her just like any other individual and just go on with my way with no second looks.... unless of course she has quite an attractive oh la la appearance, then she deserves a second look and maybe even more looking over LOL

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    There's precious few of us out in the open in my little corner of the world, and it is a bit lonely.
    Annabelle
    That's true Annabelle. It can be somewhat lonely. That is why I do engage on occasions with staff at venues, cafes and the like. There is a degree of safety behind anonymity.

I would be shy and go in the opposite direction. She would probably pick it up right away it was me under those clothes.

That depends on how she is presenting. If she looks like something that crawled off 42nd St., I will not engage her. However, if she is trying her best to look decent and/or pass, I will speak kindly and try to converse with her. After all, a bit of kindness can do a lot for her self esteem.

With my luck I would probably mistake a GG for one of us and embarrass us both..Jaymee

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    With my luck I would probably mistake a GG for one of us and embarrass us both..Jaymee
    Which is one good reason to say nothing at all. That would be my sort of luck as well. From time to time I do see a woman I suspect might be one of ours. But I keep my lips zipped.

Well I did, last week. I thought it best to not say or do anything. I thought she looked pretty good, but I did not want to cause any embarrassment or create an incident.

Michaella

Those of us who have or are sharing a similar experience, simply smile and nod and move along. The smile and nod is universal for guys have or are doing the same thing. Combat 'vets or CDers, it is the knowing smile and nod that works.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

So far, when I've seen a crossdresser, I have not had the opportunity to make contact. I have considered pretending to pop a rubber band on my left wrist. I have also considered saying, "I love your ..., where did you buy it?" Probably, I would keep my distance and perhaps give a friendly, "Hello" or "Howdy, ma'am," at the most.

Banned Read only
    Walking through my local mall, i saw a girl that i knew,she was walking out of the womans store kinda fast.I said, Hi what's up? ,she said i just got fired,I said for what?,she would not tell me and kept on walking,I followed for a second until i realized she wanted to be alone.I always wondered if it was for being a cd,i never saw her again

Usually I'm to nervous to contact anybody, but a few times where I knew for sure it was a sister, I introduced myself and asked the sister if she would like to go get a cup of coffee? I have now met three wonderful people that way, and may take a few more risks. We have shared dressing ideas, makeup skills and, well, just all sorts of tips and techniques with each other. A lot more fun than "hiding in public".

I just smile and maybe say hi like a woman would do to another woman.

I would probably stand there and YELL at the top of my lungs..."TRANNY ON AISLE 5" !!!! :-) tee hee...just kidding. I like to comfort people so I would either smile in kind way or even give her a soft "hi". It means the world to us to be reassured and loved for who we are. Even the slightest positive glance, or word means a lot. I recently had a positive experience at Payless at Cumberland Mall in Atlanta. I was in drab but hosed under my pants. I was trying on these delicious 5" pumps which I ended up buying. This younger Indian woman walked next to me and checked out some shoes but walked away after a minute or so. 5 minutes later, she came back and looked at the shoes again while right next to me. She then started talking to me saying "can you believe these shoes are only $4?" We made chit chat and I felt good enough to strut up and down the aisle in my pump right in front of her. She was so cool about it. It made me feel like one of the girls. I've had women ask me a couple times out in public about my shoes. It's nice.

I was working in the county jail when a pretty CD was brought in to be booked. Not everyone caught it right away but I knew. I think I must have squeezed her hand too much when I did her prints. She looked up at me and winked. I returned the wink. I think she rubbed her hip against me on purpose! I told her I was putting her in a single cell so she wouldn,t get hurt. When she bonded out she walked by me and I read her lips saying "thank you". She also pushed out her lips in a kiss when nobody was looking. Wanted to give here a real kiss but no way in my situation. She must have been transit because I never saw her again and this is a small town.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CassandraSmith View Post
    My first reaction was to protect her. I looked around and made sure that no one had clocked her and I was ready to make a diversion if anything happened. I'm actually not 100% certain either. Also, she was younger so I didn't want to appear to be a lech either so I just continue eating my lunch and didn't look up again. I admit, I was incredibly curious and also kind of admiring her gutsyness too.

I think that's going to be my conscious strategy from now on too: protection and safety.
    Noble instincts. Good on you.

This has happened to me a few times where I saw a sister and I was in guy mode. Depending on the situation I have said hello, complimented something about them, made a comment about whatever we were doing and also just left them alone. I just play it by ear and then see what happens.