Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good reasons to be a crossdresser

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Good reasons to be a crossdresser
    1. I've found that it's great for motivating me to be disciplined about eating quality food and staying trim. I'm in better shape than all of my peers.
    2. It makes you very tolerant of other people and their bents.
    3. It's fun.
    4. It's fairly inexpensive as hobbies go. Compared to guitar, I've only got a 20th of the cash into it and when I think of all the enjoyment, what a value.
    5. You meet unusual and vivid people (here).
    6. You are truly a counter culture original. There's lots of people who try to be different. We really are different!
    7. It encourages good body movement. You can't walk in heels unless you have pretty good flexibility and mobility in your hips and legs.
    8. Baby kittens are attracted to us.
    9. It makes you good company to go shopping with.
    10. It makes it easier to be a good typist.

It's cold here in Portland too, BTW.

Cassy
    Last edited by CassandraSmith; 01-22-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Sorry to jump in here girls but are we talking in Fahrenheit or Centigrade?
    Centigrade!?!? That's crazy. We're Americans. We prefer a system of measure that makes no sense whatsoever. Water boils at 212 F. Duh. 5,280 feet in mile. Of course! The rest of the world is just lazy using multiples of 10. So unoriginal.

Being a crossdresser came in downright handy for me about a decade ago in the aftermath of a big ice storm that knocked out my electricity for over a week. I hadn't done laundry for a few days prior to the blackout, and was obviously unable to during the blackout, so having that "spare" set of underwear in Rita's dresser was a lifesaver! Not to mention warm tights to put on keep from freezing to death...

Banned Read only
    It was 14 here this morning

I agree with stephNE. Somewhat like a motivational factor/excuse to wear leggings and tights.

Side track a little: I'm from a place where the average temperature is about 30C (86F). Too many layers (except for hair) can kill you... XD

Today's high was 70 degrees F

I can relate with most of the reasons you came up with. Thank you for putting it into words for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraSmith View Post
    1. I've found that it's great for motivating me to be disciplined about eating quality food and staying trim. I'm in better shape than all of my peers.
    2. It makes you very tolerant of other people and their bents.
    3. It's fun.
    4. It's fairly inexpensive as hobbies go. Compared to guitar, I've only got a 20th of the cash into it and when I think of all the enjoyment, what a value.
    5. You meet unusual and vivid people (here).
    6. You are truly a counter culture original. There's lots of people who try to be different. We really are different!
    7. It encourages good body movement. You can't walk in heels unless you have pretty good flexibility and mobility in your hips and legs.
    8. Baby kittens are attracted to us.
    9. It makes you good company to go shopping with.
    10. It makes it easier to be a good typist.

It's cold here in Portland too, BTW.

Cassy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Vanessa View Post
    I wear pantyhose or tights all the time under my jeans
    Me too!!
    Couldn't imagine not wearing womens hosiery.
    I LOVE shiny black tights and control top pantyhose with reinforced toes!!

Aspiring Member

Me too...

I wear tights all the time in cooler weather. Here in MD it was as cold as it was in VA. last week it hit 70 and I thought spring was here! Silly me!!

However I wear tights under my jeans all the time. I even recommended tights to a friend who was on chemotherapy when he was telling how much his legs hurt from the cold and the neuropathy. I pulled up the leg of my jeans to show him; I don't know if he tried it or not.

There's no sense hiding something that is really obvious, and no big deal anyhow.

Stay warm,
    Sandra1746

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel52 View Post
    I feel incomplete if I don't wear pantyhose or tights when I dress, so warmer weather is less cross dressing friendly for me. Thank God for air conditioning!
    wear sheers my dear in warm/hot weather. like you, i dare not dress up without nylons too. it just does not feel right, feels incomplete.