Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: starting in your 20s

starting in your 20s

Just wondering did many of you girls start dressing in your 20s like me and if you did how did you start ? I am feeling the need to play catch up now :-)

You will find many of us on here who started in our 50's. There is no catch up, there is just now.

Liz

Officially I started when I was 12 but started dressing in earnest in my early 20's. Been a good 53 years though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    I started in my 20's with panties and leotards but didn't go all out till 40's with complete outfits, wigs and makeup. Wish it had been sooner but also wish i had bought Apple and Microsoft stock in the beginning too. Can't regret just look forward.

Aspiring Member
    Started with my mom's clothes when I was in my teens. Then didn't do it for many years while raising a family. In my 40's I started buying my own clothes, wig, forms, makeup, etc. Not uncommon among many of us I would guess.

Think positive. It's likely that your teen growth spurt is over, and if you keep fit you can wear the clothes and shoes you buy for a long time. Also, your skin is still youthful, making it easier to get beautiful (but you may need another 30-40 years to see that this is true).

Grow your hair long now before you lose it.

I started when I was 11 with pantyhose. I started wearing panties with pantyhose or tights in my mid 20's and then finally began to fully dress in my mid 30's. I've only been fully dressing for a couple of years now and I love it so much!

I started when I was maybe 5 or 6 then when I was 12 I stop until I was in my 20's then stop, then started again in my late 20's. So I'v been on and off up until now, sort of like a smoker who wants to quit smoking but just can't do it.

I started as a kid dressing in Mom's silk panties and slips. The feelings were just fantastic for a boy on the edge of puberty. Unfortunetly, I also had 6 brothers so I was deeply rooted in the closet. It was not till I was nearly 50 that I totally accepted myself as a good person and dressing was just a blessing that God had allowed me to experience.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Started when I was around 5. Kept going.

Kathi

Play catch up?
    You will find progression is pretty fast if you have plenty of freedom.
    Money for a wardrobe helps too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    started wearing pantyhose around 6-7. worked my way up after college. Wore pantyhose and skirts first followed by heels. in recent years (now in my mid 40's) moved up to more dresses, bras, panties, hair, etc, Still can't leave the house dressed or have rarely met anyone else dressed but very happy to dress in full regala as often as possible. Of course being a stay at home dad is helpful to dress M-F

Started wearing girl's clothes on my own volition when I was eleven. Didn't have my own things until I was eighteen. It was very difficult to find a place to hide everything.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I thought I had a late start (at almost 30). In retrospect it wasn't. Don't worry about lost time. Nothing can change that an there is plenty of life ahead. What could help is to see a therapist - if you haven't already. I never have, so why do I suggest this? As with many things we do in life, it is possible to figure them out on our own. Seeing an expert can shortcut the process. I have a good head on my shoulders and wasn't super confused about my CD/TG feelings. It is a fun side of me I embrace. However, it has been a slow road getting here. Seeing a therapist may have changed my mind about a decision not to transition several years ago. I don't regret it. I may feel differently in the future. My point is, the sooner you can figure this out, the sooner you can enjoy it to the fullest - whatever that means to you. So loose the hang ups about seeing a therapist (I had them - maybe not you) and try it. I think they can give you the boost you are looking for to take this where you may not yet realize you want to - and do it in less time.

Quote Originally Posted by sophie p View Post
    Just wondering did many of you girls start dressing in your 20s like me and if you did how did you start ? I am feeling the need to play catch up now :-)
    I started in elementary school (actually sister started dressing me) enjoyed it until high school, quit then started again in early twenties. Then after couple of years decided I wanted breasts, well doctor said since I was well past puberty HRT would take longer to work. So I went the implant route and very happy with decision. wish I wouldn't have stopped when younger. Know what you mean about playing catch up.

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    I started in my 20's, my first time dressing was at 23.

Hard to believe that's about 4 years ago already. In my late teens/early 20's I discovered that there was quite a bit in the way of gender tf material/media on the internet, and that it piqued my interest. It was a secret turn-on for me for many years before it occurred to me to act out the fantasy a bit further. After doing some research into why this type of material attracted me, I came to several sites that lead me to believe that I may be a transgender person; CD/TV/TS, who knows? But I was beginning to suspect there was something beyond the sexual fantasy aspect and wanted to uncover it.

I didn't have ready access to women's clothes, and so after more research about what to buy, I went out to get my own gear. I started with a couple items, added a few more, and before I knew it, I have two full plastic tote bins full of clothes, make-up, forms, wigs, shoes and accessories. At each step I liked the result and it led to another step. I still don't know where it's all leading, and in a lot of ways I am more confused than when I started, but I can't say I don't like it.

Was only dressed fully once, at 23, with a supportive girlfriend, but we split right after for a different reason (I was moving overseas). I weighed about 175 then and had a slim waist, and she was about 5'10" and maybe 150, so her clothes mostly fit me. It was years later that I dressed again, and the results were less satisfying. In fact, in my mind, I still have crystal clear images of that night when she did my makeup, and I tried on just about everything in her closet. She was a secretary, this was 1990, so skirts, dresses, heels and hose were still in fashion. Delicious! That girl will always hold a special place in my memories.

What I am getting at it that the older you get, the more your male attributes will take over and make it tougher to fit into smaller sizes. You will accumulate muscle and fat in male places, and maybe a scar or two on place men don't care about, like their legs--but that will be evident when you shave your legs and wear sheer hose.

If I could go back in time, I would have embraced this back then, and enjoyed fully my ability to look more feminine than I can now.

Good luck!

I had a few escapades with my mother's clothes in my 10 to 20 years, and then things really took off about age 40, when I became self-employed and had a more flexible schedule.
    AND...when I had many days off during the winter and my wife was working--I really enjoyed the privacy. Had more room to store my pretty things. After my wife found out, I was able to join a support group.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 01-22-2013 at 10:25 PM.

I'm in my 20s and I'm just starting too. Here's to good luck and hoping we end up feeling beautiful and fulfilled.
    Peace and love, - Christy

Sophie,

What exactly do yo mean by start? Start doing crossdressing of any kind? Start dressing fully? If it's that then your probably ahead of the game as far as most of the experiences around here. I was definitely yearning to 'do more' in my twenties but didn't do much about it until taking myself to a transformation service for a 30th birthday present. I started really really working on my full look and going out in my early 30s.

Good luck and have fun!

-Bree

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It all depends on who u wish to "catch up to", Sophie! I started about 15 years ago at age 50. Good luck trying to catch ME! A semi full of gear, silicone female prosthesis, uncountable wigs, heels, etc., etc. Been to a number of CD/TG conventions in the last few years.

But, some girls have been dressing for over 50 years. Have one closet full of clothes and heels. No, or few wigs. Never been to CD/TG convention. They don't need or want to go! Because they live as women every day.

So, who r u trying to catch? It may be easier than u think!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I had bed on and off with my sisters clothing since I was 15 maybe, then got into it when I was discovered and my gf's helped me out with shopping. So really got into it at 19. No progress since 20-21. Been 2 years at a screeching hault.

Tried things on occasionally in my teens and 20s, 30s etc but didn't start dressing regularly til I was 50
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Sophie, one advantage you have that we older girls don't: you can wear all the hot new fashions for the younger set. So live a little!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016