Thread: Excited about work

Excited about work

Hi all--

I am excited today. While I have realized that I will never be a woman physically, or be able to live full time as a woman, this doesn't bother me, as I am finding new ways to enjoy and express the Lisa side of me. I have been wearing more and more women's clothing for some time now. Not flamboyant, not overly obvious. But regardless, women's all the same. Tomorrow will be the first day that I go to work entirely in women's clothing: Women's slacks (white Dockers), black boots. Bikini briefs, black pantyhose underneath. And what I saved for last is the top. A black blouse. All of these things while not glaringly obvious, are clearly women's items. Enough that someone paying close enough attention would know, but not so much that it will look ridiculous (unless of course everyone I know is just too nice). I have had a couple of girls at work notice when I wear women's slacks, but it doesn't change the way they treat me. I don't expect the results tomorrow to be much different, but just knowing that I am in all women's garments (right down to accessories, including a cheap but pretty ladies' watch) is exciting to me. Not sexually, but just exhilarating. I look forward to it. Thanks by the way to everyone for being so kind and welcoming. Y'all are great!! xoxox

Lisa

Be careful your reputation might be affected adversely,"OH he's the one that always does that sort of thing."
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Nice! Sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm also looking forward to a day when I can do the same as you, and maybe even throw in bra of some sort. But currently, I don't have much items, thus I'm still looking for items that would be not too obvious as well. What's your blouse like? I am looking for shirts but usually come with darts in the front sorts of giving them away in a glaring manner. However, I'm thinking of concealing them with the patterns found on the shirt itself. Is it a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaSue View Post
    ... Enough that someone paying close enough attention would know, but not so much that it will look ridiculous (unless of course everyone I know is just too nice). I have had a couple of girls at work notice when I wear women's slacks, but it doesn't change the way they treat me.
    Well, maybe our society is becoming more tolerant after all!

It's so difficult to gage since as you say, most people are polite. But I should think that employers/supervisors would not be shy about saying something if they felt your mode of dress crossed the gender line too much? Maybe it also has to do with whether you work for a large company with gender tolerant HR policies, as opposed to a mom & pop operation in small-town, middle America. I don't imagine that it would be tolerated if you were a teacher, or if you dealt with families in public, such as a pharmacist. But, maybe I'm wrong and things are indeed changing.

I'm curious ... do you deal with the public or corporate customers in your job, and also how large a place is it? And do you live in an urban area or a small town?

But, no matter your situation I'm glad you feel that you can dress in ways that are comfortable.
    Reine

Thanks for the sound advice, celeste. Believe me, I've thought of it. If I wasn't already considered kind of girly and unusual, I'd not even consider it. And NeKoi, celeste is absolutely right. Like my mother told me simply enough, "just be careful". The women's clothing I wear is just slightly if at all distinguishable from the men's clothing. The important thing is that I know the difference.

Yes if you are accepted as the odd one out no big deal.
    If you jeopardize your job then there is a bigger deal.
    I hope it goes well for you though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

lisa beware of the pink fog.sometimes u can convince yourself that your not to obviouse. but in fact you are. most women pick up on all the little things you think no one will notice.work is not the best place to expariment. be carefull

Silver Member
    Celeste is right, be very careful. Jobs are very hard to find nowadays, and you may be discriminated at work even if you don't see it. Always protect your reputation.

Be careful, Lisa!

Don't mess with your bread and butter... or at least be prepared. You don't want to fall in to a trap where you admit to wearing the 'wrong' clothing and your boss tells you to stop... so if questioned, I would recommend providing no answers and instead just ask questions like 'what do you mean female clothing...I paid good money for these?..or who said they are? Why are they so concerned about my personal style?.... put anyone with a problem on the defensive.
    Chickie

This thread is exactly why I am so glad I found this forum! Support, kindness, but balanced with good sense and level headed input. I thank you all. seriously. You would not believe what crazy, bizarre suggestions and comments I have gotten at other places. For what it's worth, I'll answer some of the things I've been asked and told on this thread. ReineD, I don't work with the public or with corporate clients. I live in a large metropolitan area, and work in a very Dilbert-esque setting, doing data entry in a little cubicle on my own. Except for the couple comments by female coworkers, I don't know what notice has been taken of my choice of wardrobe by others. I do know that my feminine attributes have been noticeable to my fellow employees for a long time. Some nicely and others not so nicely have called me one of the girls long before any wardrobe manifestations appeared. And Am absolutely no trailblazer. I know my employer's limits, at least somewhat. A previous colleague of mine was not admonished by superiors love his (her) attire until he showed up in culottes. So their threshold is quite high. Let me make clear; Rupaul I'm not. Ellen dresses more effeminately than I. But for me it's less about others' response to me (but I'd be lying if I said it didn't matter at all) than it is about how I myself feel. There are things I have wanted to do but have not, precisely because I'm aware of the "pink fog" phenomenon to which I am most definitely susceptible. So I totally welcome your comments, everyone, and thank you for keeping it well grounded and sensible. And to anyone reading I would say to heed the advice given me in this thread. xoxoxoxox's to all and thank you thank you!

Lisa