Thread: Bought my Wife the book... "My Husband Wears My Clothes"

Bought my Wife the book... "My Husband Wears My Clothes"

A few days ago someone mentioned the book
    "My Husband Wears My Clothes: Crossdressing from the Perspective of a Wife "

My Wife is very supportive of me. She has no problem with going out in public with me. I love Her!

So... I bought Her the book. Amazon.com... about $15 w/ shipping. She read it over the course of 3 nights. Then, She sat me down and asked me alot of questions. I answered them honestly to the best of my ability. She said the book was educational and gave Her a better understanding of me. Now, She feels like She knows this side of me better. She asked questions that She never would have thought to ask before. She feels better knowing how I feel. We bonded even more!

Just sharing an experience.

Cindy
    ​Cindy

Banned Read only
    Can you give some examples of the questions she never thought of?

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    have you read it first? do you think its the kind of book that you had better read first before you give it to her?

Am I attracted to men when I dress?
    How young was I when I started wearing things?
    Am I wanting to transition?

Darla: I looked at parts of the book online and reviewed the table of contents to see what was being discussed. I also read the reviews and comments posted by a few people to judge their reactions. I ordered it and gave it to Her.
    ​Cindy

wow! That's a pretty good idea.... although, I have no idea if my SO will ever read a book... at least I don't think I've seen her read anything not related to work next to blogs and news...

Gold Member
    Thats great, It is a comfort knowing that your SO is on your side and not
    on the other side. My wife is the same, she is totally OK with my dressing.
    Rader

Great idea! It is awsome to hear about SO who are supportive and positive.

The book is in our bookshelf, in between all the computer and electronics books, I had left it out for the wife to read a long time ago and asked if she had read it.
    She said only bits and was not really interested. She does not oppose my dressing and I get slight encouragement occasionally.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Miriam
    I read this on my Kindle and then my wife read it. It does a wonderful job of explaining this unusual urge, and was a great start for more conversation. I'm glad it worked for you as well. You should read it too.

Miriam

I have not read that book yet but want to. I am gearing up to tell my wife again with my counselors help. Maybe this will be a good book for her to read after that. I am currently reading "She's not the Man I Married" by Helen Boyd. I.don't think that would be a good book for her to read first if at all.

I bought it and read it. Showed it to my wife; she hasn't shown any interest in reading it.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Did I hear that the subject of that book is now transitioning? If so, well the book could be helpful or make her run to the woods. I personally feel that is the most honest outcome of this thing called crossdressing. Personal experience, trust, honesty and mutual respect for eachother are better teachers than any book in my opinion.

Kitty, "My Husband Wears My Clothes" was written by Peggy Rudd. Her husband is Melanie Rudd who has a public profile on pinkessence.com where s/he says that s/he is a MtF transgender person, identifies as a Non-Op TG, and presents as a woman part-time. They organize annual vacation cruises for people who engage in cross-gender expression.

Maybe you're thinking of Helen Boyd, author of "My Husband Betty"? She wrote the book before she knew that her husband was transsexual, and Betty did in fact transition. Helen Boyd subsequently wrote "She's Not The Man I Married".
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-25-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Reine

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I bought My Husband Wears My Clothes and read it twice before I gave it to my wife. About four years ago she found a copy of "My Husband Betty" that I picked up on a business trip and apparently she read about three pages of it. I asked her to please read them. She complained that she doesn;t have time, and knowing she isn't much of a reader anyway, I went through and tabbed and highlighted the parts I thought were relevant to us. She read about one chapter of Peggy Rudd's book and hasn;t picked it up since. That was October. She has been to the therapist I have been seeing twice. I am hoping she will pick back up, this whole "waiting on her to come around to/hoping for acceptance" thing is not easy!

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Not easy for her either, I know!

I bought this tonight and just finished it, my wife wants to read it also. Good read, the letters covered a wide range of so's feelings and positive ways to work them out.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Of all the books mentioned, this one is the best one for a wife to start with. Glad you got it for her. Yes, you must read it also. You have the key, honest answers. Good for you both.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Thank you very much, Cindy. I will purchase the book from Amazon.
    Di

Thank you for reminding me of these excellent books. I remember reading them many years ago, and now I can't find my copies. So I got on line and got them for my "nook". It will give me some "light" reading as I cruise the Carribean next week.

I purchased a few books on the subject (including the one mentioned) and my wife read them. No dice. Didn't make a difference. She still loathed the concept of a guy who likes to wear girl clothes. Divorce followed three years later anyway. But it was worth a try.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.