Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Were you live is how you live.

I have to drive an hour to get to a big box store. That's how far out in the sticks I live. So I often resemble the individual that insulted you. Only I wear overalls and smell of Eau de Cochon. (Nothing says "stay the hell away from me" like the smell of pig manure!) Having endured the derisive looks of flatlanders myself, I can only wonder if this person was lashing out at a perceived air of superiority coming from you as you gave him and his wife the once over with upturned nose. Personally, I would never insult person that was looking me over like that. I usually give them a complement like, "Yew shore gotta purdy mouf."

Silver Member
    next time someone says that to you, just tell him sorry, youre out of luck
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

above normal voice said “ Faggot”. I would have said...Faggot....Thats a Mig 15.....I shot one down years ago flying Phantoms in Nam, (or F-15's in the gulf) !!!

Banned Read only
    The guy that said this to you,is probably a guy who deep down don't think he measures up,he never got anywhere in life because he was too ignorant,now its too late,and he knows it.He is not comfortable with his "manhood" because he views his life as a failure.He will continue down this road of misery doing nothing about it because it is all he knows,He will continue to laugh at people,anybody.He will find fault with people more successful then himself because it gives him this sort of comfort in justifying never having any ambition in life.I don't think i would start hiding myself from the world because of someone like this.

should have added that, maybe not today or even tomorrow but sometime in the future this guys mouth will say the wrong thing to the wrong person,then when he's staring down the barrel of a 12 gauge shotgun behind some dive bar,he will realize the err of his ways.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 01-27-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Merged- please use the edit butto

Banned Read only
    Wonder, this guy is not, as some have stated, a bigot. He's just opining from his level of intelligence--about a half inch above ground. And by the way, from your description of the female with him, he probably noticed you eyeing her and thought maybe you wanted a date. That would just leave him with no one to call honey except for one of his other hogs.

Didn't happen to have a third eye in the middle of his forehead, did he?
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    . . . Having endured the derisive looks of flatlanders myself, I can only wonder if this person was lashing out at a perceived air of superiority coming from you as you gave him and his wife the once over with upturned nose.. . .

Well damn, now I feel embarrassed that I was joking about it. I guess we should all be sensitive to how it feels to be ostracized.

Liz

I grew up in a similar mentallity
    Some people have a very narrow thought
    process... Anything out of the norm is gay,
    wrong,etc....
    I would not want the people you descrbed to like
    me. That would mean i waslike them

[SIZE=3]I did not mean to insult or belittle anyone or demean any Farmer or other working class hero with my post “Where you live is how you live”. Many of my closet friends are Farmers or Working Class. There have been times when due to problems or owner illness I have helped on Dairy farms in my area. As a contractor for years there are many times that I crawled out of basements covered in crap but I was respectfull enough to not go into a food store looking or smelling like S**t.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My problem with the people in this situation is that they are most likely just plain trailer trash. They have learned to live in a system that will pay for them to exist. The State will pay for their trailer; the county will pay for their heat and food. Any work that is done is done for beer and cigarettes. They have no respect for themselves therefore I owe them no respect. I do not have to accept them or involve myself with their lives. I ask nothing from anyone except to be allowed to live the way I want as long as my live does not interfere with anyone else. The situation at the checkout line is just one example of the problem that all of you may have experienced at some time or another. I should not have allowed this to bother me but since joining this site I have begun to believe that there really was a world without stupid fools and bigots. You all have given me hope, I still must continue to look over my shoulder, and they are still out there. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Thank you all for your comments and again I meant no insult to anyone. Wonderwho [/SIZE]
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

My observation is that you have been judged by someone who you obviously do not respect. What should it matter? The fact that you managed to register on his tiny little consciousness is remarkable in itself. Consider his normal train of consciousness:

"Beer...jerky...boobs...beer...NASCAR...beer...snu ff...football...beer...trucks...boobs...beer...big screen...pork rinds...beer..."

and see how remarkable it is that something so far out of his experience managed to cause an attempt at cognition!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member
    Hopefully the couple won't multiply and add to the jerks in the world.

He had to be looking closey at you to come to a conclusion like that. Why would he notice those things that most would not? Could it be jealousy? If not, then I go with stupidity and agree to leave alone. But I do believe there is some jealousy!