Thread: Should I Wait for a Transgendered Section to Be Created Before I Post Anymore?

Amazing Member

Should I Wait for a Transgendered Section to Be Created Before I Post Anymore?

Some have made it clear that the two public transsexual sections on this forum should be reserved for true transsexuals, and apparently there are more than a few who do not believe people like me who have mixed symptoms/trans characteristics belong there. For those who don't belong there, the MtF Crossdressers section is generally recommended -- hence my post here. But it isn't really the place for people like me to go either.

Of course some have suggested I am wasting my time and everybody else's, in posting at all. For example, one longtime member said, and I quote:

"I have to say that I am absolutely flabbergasted by your attempt to circumvent the usual standards of of care and to ignore the VAST amount of information and experience available to transgender women. ...What were you thinking? Were you thinking at all?...Clearly you are not happy with your transition. .... You rejected all advice offered here on this forum. If you continue to repulse all who offer, you are doomed to failure and continued unhappiness." (Actually, I meticulously followed the Standards of Care, but apparently the revised standards were not considered rigorous enough, and I admit they seem quite liberal, at least on a quick read.)

Should we who are in distress but square pegs, posting in the round hole of the TS section, simply wait until a section with more latitude is created for us? Should we hold back on posting until then? What do others think?
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 01-25-2013 at 12:25 AM.

On Hiatus
    I don't know exactly what you've done in the past, but it is natural for many people who belong to a certain minority subset, such as transsexuals, transgendered people, cross dressers, or anyone else for that matter, to take offense at any deviance from criteria which they think may cloud others understanding. Since they feel that they are already misunderstood, and in many cases are, they are discomforted by such deviance because they feel it is reflective of a general lack of social understanding or a general lack of understanding on the part of the individual, and reveals to them a world which is not understanding of their issues -- a world they feel is hostile. Those whom I have described may be bothered by those things you have to say, and engage in angry, frantic efforts to beat down the perceived misunderstanding, as it will bring them greater comfort to know that they can persuade, that they can beat back those attitudes they dislike, that they can win whatever fight they believe themselves to be engaged in with the greater social structures around them. Others, like myself (I am not transsexual, but merely of transgender inclination), simply do not care and do not expect to be accepted by every person in the world around them. They are at peace with the things they cannot change. Just my little sociological take, but I find it's often true. Just know that not everyone will be similarly hostile.

I will add the caveat that I include patient explanation in the "not caring" and "not entering with the expectation of outright universal acceptance" category. I just think that all people, even when hurt, must constrain their anger and consider the circumstances.

-Sarah-
    Last edited by SarahMarie42; 01-25-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

Beth the TS section was created for TS women. If you identify as one it should be the place to post. I only started to post there after I started HRT. I didn't feel the need to explain or prove I was TS to anybody. It does get problematic when people self diagnose themselves without using the WPATH standards of care. One should be sure they really are TS before jumping in there IMHO or it will ruffle feathers.

Good luck with a transgender section because we can't agree with what the term really means here as evidenced by past threads.
    Last edited by Marleena; 01-25-2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Considering that you ended the six-months-old closed thread in the TS forum from which you quoted with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Beth-Lock View Post
    Since I have abandonned this thread, once the civility necessary for dialogue exited, and anarchy took its place, I will not offer further comment or explanation....
    It seems inappropriate for you to try to reopen your old argument here in a different forum.

If you have a problem with another member, please handle it via PM with the appropriate section mods. If you have a problem with the way a forum is run please handle it with the administrators. Those are the people who can properly address the problem.

Eryn
    Last edited by Eryn; 01-25-2013 at 01:34 AM.