Thread: Another First Yesterday

Another First Yesterday

I've gone to restaurants with groups of CD's before. While out of state, I once went alone to a sit-down Italian restaurant while enfemme. But I have never gone out to eat enfemme in my own home town.

Yesterday after a full day of shopping I decided to go for it. Went to an Arby's and ordered a French Dip sandwich with small drink. The girl at the register was nice enough. I think she knew I was a crossdresser. I didn't try very hard to use a feminine voice.

There was one guy at the counter waiting on his food. He smiled and said Hello. I'm sure he didn't know. That is typical for the guys I come in contact with. They don't seem to notice. It's only the women who do!

I got my order, sat down to eat, then left. No problems at all. There didn't seem to be any commotion behind the counter with people trying to take a peak at me.

So I'm not sure I passed, but I blended in and didn't get any unwanted reactions. It was pretty amazing when I stop and think about it. I'm sure some others do this all the time, but it's really something when it's the first time. I feel like I need to post about it or it didn't really happen

Tricia:

Your story sounds very familiar! We've shared similar experiences from afar.....exciting isn't it? Thanks for sharing,

Jamie

Sounds like a good experience. And if you looked like on your profile photo I am sure you passed. You are pretty.
    And maybe the girl knew, but she was nice so I think you made a good impression to her.

"So I'm not sure I passed, but I blended in and didn't get any unwanted reactions"

THIS is the response I think 99% of all people on here seek. Congratuations on your excellent adventure

Yes when alone you do wonder whether you have made the grade.
    A group of you means the glory is spread around.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

While passing remains a lofty goal for most of us, just being out and about with no concerns or nervousness is a great feeling. Just being one of the girls to everybody, is better,and easier, than trying to be a supermodel just for yourself.-Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    "So I'm not sure I passed, but I blended in and didn't get any unwanted reactions"

THIS is the response I think 99% of all people on here seek. Congratuations on your excellent adventure
    That's me for sure. Very happy for you. Thanks for sharing.
    Mary

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia Lee View Post
    He smiled and said Hello. I'm sure he didn't know. That is typical for the guys I come in contact with. They don't seem to notice. It's only the women who do!
    First, good for you. And this reaction will only help you do it again. On the comment above,I couldn't agree more. I think men, are basically generalists. We capture the big picture about our surroundings. Women are detail oriented. My wife will say something like, "Did you see that ....?" about something or someone we just passed and I'm like,"Nope." Funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia Lee View Post
    I've gone to restaurants with groups of CD's before. While out of state, I once went alone to a sit-down Italian restaurant while enfemme. But I have never gone out to eat enfemme in my own home town.

Yesterday after a full day of shopping I decided to go for it. Went to an Arby's and ordered a French Dip sandwich with small drink. The girl at the register was nice enough. I think she knew I was a crossdresser. I didn't try very hard to use a feminine voice.

There was one guy at the counter waiting on his food. He smiled and said Hello. I'm sure he didn't know. That is typical for the guys I come in contact with. They don't seem to notice. It's only the women who do!

I got my order, sat down to eat, then left. No problems at all. There didn't seem to be any commotion behind the counter with people trying to take a peak at me.

So I'm not sure I passed, but I blended in and didn't get any unwanted reactions. It was pretty amazing when I stop and think about it. I'm sure some others do this all the time, but it's really something when it's the first time. I feel like I need to post about it or it didn't really happen
    Well you went for it once, we all start with once, now go for the second and so on. The more you do it the more natural it will feel, you'll get to the point where you don't think about it, just becomes normal you, the way you feel on the inside thats how it was for me, always ready to go to next step. As for the guy, they never notice at first glance but girls always do. It's strange I know don't understand it.
    Last edited by wilt575; 01-25-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Banned Read only
    I will agree your profile page shows a very attractive woman. I think you would have no problem blending. I've found the people working at all the Arby stores in my area are pleasant. Sometimes corporate policy of accepting all customers for who they are has been instilled at some business more than other businesses.

Thanks for all the compliments, and for the support!

I'm getting super-comfortable with being out now. Grocery store, mall, whatever. Even so, I still avoid interaction with other people as much as possible. So I always use the U-scan lines in the stores when possible, and avoid walking close to people when I can. My goal is to get more comfortable talking to people, so the Arby's trip helped a lot with that confidence. The funny thing was that I didn't really get nervous doing it. It was just a matter of making the decision to go in. Once I decided to it was no problem.

That's so cool, Tricia Lee! I can't wait until the day I can cross this bridge. It's a ways off, but someday I'll do it. Congratulations! I wish you many more happy outings.
    Di

Going out enfemme leads, at least for me, wanting more and more of doing so. Congrats and I'm hoping to read more of your adventures.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Going out it is the ultimate high, no better feeling, I'm 65 years old and the adrenaline high is enormous.

Tricia, that's great.
    I've done walmarts and grocery stores alone, but never a sit-down meal without a companion.
    I've done quite a few drive-thru's without incident, but last weekend I got clocked by two teenage boys working the windows. My voice cracked baritone, and they were speechless!

Michelle, is that you stream fishing enfemme in your avatar? I love to fish like that, but I can't say that's on my enfemme to-do list